News Forum - Not so fast, government tells Thailand’s pot growers, new law not in effect yet

Thaiger

People planning to grow cannabis after it was removed from Thailand’s list of controlled drugs should hold fire as the new law is not in effect yet. So says deputy PM Wissanu Krea-ngam, who points out that the regulation only relates to some cannabis products, not all. The Bangkok Post reports that the law will be implemented 120 days after it’s been announced in the Royal Gazette. At this point, Wissanu says there will be more clarity provided on what constitutes the legal use of cannabis. On Tuesday, the Narcotics Control Board approved the Public Health Ministry’s proposal that cannabis […]

The story Not so fast, government tells Thailand’s pot growers, new law not in effect yet as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Cool 1

Every time i read that a nation sanctions Marijuana/Cannabis for private consumption and farming i scratch my head and think why they are opening the door for a society of junkies.

But at the End of the News which mostly those affected don't seem to read it says: Deputy PM Wissanu Krea-ngam, who points out that the regulation only relates to some cannabis products, not all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CamPat said:

Every time i read that a nation sanctions Marijuana/Cannabis for private consumption and farming i scratch my head and think why they are opening the door for a society of junkies.

As opposed to just the socially acceptable alcoholics? 

Or, as in countries like the US, a raging epidemic of prescription drugs - made by legal companies - and over prescribed by ... Doctors? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CamPat said:

Canada legalized it a few years ago and society literally fell apart.  I went to the grocery store the other day and they were all sold out of Doritos.  Could canibalism be next?

Rental properties no longer being turned into grow-ops.  Sketchy brother-in-law dealers having to go out and get real jobs.  It's pure madness.

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CamPat said:

But at the End of the News which mostly those affected don't seem to read it says: Deputy PM Wissanu Krea-ngam, who points out that the regulation only relates to some cannabis products, not all.

You must be a real hoot at parties  😀

22 hours ago, Thaiger said:

People planning to grow cannabis after it was removed from Thailand’s list of controlled drugs should hold fire as the new law is not in effect yet.

but my backyard is already full....i need those pots