It took 9 hours to extend my stay at Pattaya Immigration

stevenkongju

Because I had Covid and had to cancel my trip to the USA. I decided to stay in Thailand another 30 days, after having gotten the original 30 visa free. I got out of Covid home quarantine the day my 30 days was up. Went to immigration at 9:00am. Was finally able to pay the B1,900 at 5:45pm. Still need to pick up my passport on Monday. An entire day sitting around immigration. Next time, I pay someone to do it. 

Oh, most of the workers were as friendly and helpful as they could be, except for the rude two at the "information" desk. They just throw papers at you and are put out if you ask a question.

• Like 4

It could be that the people at the information desk have to continually deal with rude abusive  irate customers on a regular daily basis and thus have a dislike of their customers 

• Like 1

Yeh - using an agent in these times with all the problems and staff being short, is a good idea I reckon. Anyone have a list of agents?  For future reference. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

It could be that the people at the information desk have to continually deal with rude abusive  irate customers on a regular daily basis and thus have a dislike of their customers 

Understood, but if I am politely asking a question, you would think they would be polite back. Or is that how the world works now? Somebody was rude and obnoxious to me, so I'm gonna pay it forward. Polite people be damned.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

Understood, but if I am politely asking a question, you would think they would be polite back. Or is that how the world works now? Somebody was rude and obnoxious to me, so I'm gonna pay it forward. Polite people be damned.

Its a bit like walking around the streets and constantly getting barked at by the soi dogs on a regular basis , would you then go and stroke a dog that wasn't barking ?

• Like 2

I found several of the volunteers at CM immigration to seem to want to be immigration officials. 

Some were the most stereotypically immigration acting people on premise. The actual immigration people were more pleasant and helpful. The volunteers held up the process more than helping.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MikeV said:

I found several of the volunteers at CM immigration to seem to want to be immigration officials. 

Some were the most stereotypically immigration acting people on premise. The actual immigration people were more pleasant and helpful. The volunteers held up the process more than helping.

You should appreciate people who volunteer to go and help others at immigration.

They are trying to help you and they arent doing it for money , you should be more appreciating for their effort

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fluke said:

You should appreciate people who volunteer to go and help others at immigration.

They are trying to help you and they arent doing it for money , you should be more appreciating for their effort

I should and I do. They hurt the process greatly in my observation. Just a fact on that day but they were useless.

Edited by MikeV
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeV said:

I should and I do. They hurt the process greatly in my observation. Just a fact on that day but they were useless.

What are they doing that hurts the process ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

Yea, that'll help.

Speak to the big boss, give him a piece of your mind.

Good luck in IDC 

😂

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

USE AN AGENT.  Hate to shout, but come on. Its so obvious as to be painful to read how many people just don't get it and put themselves through all kinds of immigration BS, for the want of a few thousand Baht. 

Really pine tree, I did my marriage visa 1st change from a retirement extension in about 40 mins with no hassles. Why pay someone else when you can easily do yourself unless your under the table dodging the criteria

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fluke said:

Its a bit like walking around the streets and constantly getting barked at by the soi dogs on a regular basis , would you then go and stroke a dog that wasn't barking ?

I don't wish to be stroked. I wish to be treated politely as I treat them. I expect people to treat other people better than dogs...perhaps it was just my upbringing and should not expect that from others.

Do you advocate that I should now treat Thai people like shit because the immigration information desk people were rude?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Faraday said:
11 hours ago, stevenkongju said:

Yea, that'll help.

Speak to the big boss, give him a piece of your mind.

Good luck in IDC 

What will help? Who said give anyone a piece of their mind? I am advocating being polite.

I did not think this would be controversial.

27 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

What will help? Who said give anyone a piece of their mind? I am advocating being polite.

I did not think this would be controversial.

My apologies Steven, I misread your post.

Chok Dee, na?

👍

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

I don't wish to be stroked. I wish to be treated politely as I treat them. I expect people to treat other people better than dogs...perhaps it was just my upbringing and should not expect that from others.

Do you advocate that I should now treat Thai people like shit because the immigration information desk people were rude?

You must understand , not everyone is as well bought -up, polite and a really nice guy , such as yourself is .

And you  need to understand that some people get annoyed and stressed out when working and not everyone can be happy and smiley all the time .

You go to immigration to get business done , its not a social trip  where you go for leisure and expect the employees to treat you like a hi-so .

You are going back into the real World for a few hours 

11 hours ago, MikeV said:

I am not a fan of foreigner volunteers there or foreigners doing the same as a volunteer tourist police. Never sits well with me at all and is just plain weird. 

6 hours ago, MikeV said:

Find a smaller city immigration office to get extensions. Takes about 15 or 20 minutes 

Is that possible? Sounds ideal. I thought you were "locked in" to your address somehow for where you could go. 

51 minutes ago, Fluke said:

You must understand , not everyone is as well bought -up, polite and a really nice guy , such as yourself is .

And you  need to understand that some people get annoyed and stressed out when working and not everyone can be happy and smiley all the time .

You go to immigration to get business done , its not a social trip  where you go for leisure and expect the employees to treat you like a hi-so .

You are going back into the real World for a few hours 

Yes, business, not personal. Immigration officials should understand that.

Are they F#@king children that can't control there whining? I go to do business. If I have a question, I want it answered in a calm professional matter. Where are you from where this is a radical notion.

Do I really expect people to grow the hell up? No, I don't. Am I crazy for wanting better? I don't think so.

Shesh!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pinetree said:

USE AN AGENT.  Hate to shout, but come on. Its so obvious as to be painful to read how many people just don't get it and put themselves through all kinds of immigration BS, for the want of a few thousand Baht.

I agree and learned my lesson. Though it wasn't because I wanted to save money. In the future, I'd much rather pay an extra 2 to 5 thousand. That is not sarcasm.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

Yes, business, not personal. Immigration officials should understand that.

Are they F#@king children that can't control there whining? I go to do business. If I have a question, I want it answered in a calm professional matter. Where are you from where this is a radical notion.

Do I really expect people to grow the hell up? No, I don't. Am I crazy for wanting better? I don't think so.

Shesh!

You seem to getting rather  irate and rude and annoyed yourself and also swearing .

Its your kind of abusive attitude that gets the immigration officers to treat felangs in a rude way  .

If you go in there being abusive and swearing , they are hardly going to be polite to the next felangs that walk in 

28 minutes ago, Fluke said:

You seem to getting rather  irate and rude and annoyed yourself and also swearing .

Its your kind of abusive attitude that gets the immigration officers to treat felangs in a rude way  .

If you go in there being abusive and swearing , they are hardly going to be polite to the next felangs that walk in 

No he isn't

He's been nothing but cordial in his responses

Even though you been a weird idiot about the whole thing from your 1st post

If people can't handle their job without being rude, they should quit

It's idiotic that you think otherwise 

44 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I am perfectly calm and polite with immigration officials. My ridicule was laser focussed on you Mr. Fluke. Your belief that a professional does not have the ability to separate those customers or persons in need of their bureaucratic services who are respectful and polite from those who are rude and abusive. Perhaps it is your argumentative attitude that caused the problems in the first place? Been to the Pattaya immigration office recently?

• Like 1