News Forum - 20 baht bills getting a modern polymer update on March 24

Thaiger

Money enthusiasts, get ready! On March 24 the 20 baht bill is getting a radical new update. No, the Royal portrait isn’t being replaced by a scuba diving elephant or something, but the flimsy, dirty paper the bills have been printed on for decades is being replaced with a modern new polymer. Starting on March 24, the new, more durable polymer 20 baht banknotes will enter circulation and become legal currency, available at all financial institutions and commercial banks around the country. Anyone who wishes to do so can bring their old paper bills to these banks and exchange them […]

The story 20 baht bills getting a modern polymer update on March 24 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Starting on March 24, the new, more durable polymer 20 baht banknotes will enter circulation

We've had a polymer 50 Baht banknote for years already.

• Cool 2

8 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

Nice... would really like to see notes printed on Tyvek as well. 

What's Star Trek got to do with it?

1131186_o.gif.d9811d2ca75edd6093cad827b1bf5c50.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

We've had a polymer 50 Baht banknote for years already.

I have a good few notes featuring the reigning king and earlier ones of his father but haven't seen a polymer note yet (ignoring my UK ones :) )

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, SkipsPa said:

I have a good few notes featuring the reigning king and earlier ones of his father but haven't seen a polymer note yet (ignoring my UK ones :) )

A good point.
I was starting to wonder if I'd dreamt it all about the polymer 50 Baht note.
There was one, but not any more though. I'm obviously living in the past:

"The Bank of Thailand started issuing these 50 Thai Baht banknotes in 1997. They were withdrawn from circulation in 2011."
source: https://www.leftovercurrency.com/exchange/thai-baht/current-thai-baht-banknotes/50-thai-baht-banknote-polymer-plastic/  

• Cool 1