News Forum - The return of Test & Go? Health Minister to propose entry scheme be restored

Thaiger

Thailand’s Public Health Minister says he’s backing the restoration of the Test & Go entry scheme as concerns about the Omicron variant subside. Test & Go was suspended around 4 weeks ago as the highly-contagious Covid-19 variant spread around the globe. Now, Anutin Charnvirakul says he’ll ask the CCSA to consider bringing it back, as well as easing a number of other restrictions. The Bangkok Post reports that Anutin will put his request to the CCSA following talks with the Department of Disease Control in which it was confirmed that Omicron has not led to the wave of severe illness […]

The story The return of Test & Go? Health Minister to propose entry scheme be restored as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Here’s the key: “That is when almost everyone will be infected with Omicron at one time or another. After that, people will have built a high immunity either from the vaccine or the infection.”

Then what is point of so many of the continued restrictions including suspension of Test & Go. Get boosters to the small numbers “at risk” and let everyone else move on.

These restrictions have other costs to many people with no benefit anymore. Frankly this was known on December 22nd when Test & Go was suspended and caused major damage to tourists faith in traveling to Thailand. 

Also the idea there are clusters connected to restaurants or bars. Of course there are — just like clusters connected to malls, construction sites, markets, and religious gatherings. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Here’s the key: “That is when almost everyone will be infected with Omicron at one time or another. After that, people will have built a high immunity either from the vaccine or the infection.”

Then what is point of so many of the continued restrictions including suspension of Test & Go. Get boosters to the small numbers “at risk” and let everyone else move on.

These restrictions have other costs to many people with no benefit anymore. Frankly this was known on December 22nd when Test & Go was suspended and caused major damage to tourists faith in traveling to Thailand. 

Also the idea there are clusters connected to restaurants or bars. Of course there are — just like clusters connected to malls, construction sites, markets, and religious gatherings. 

Why can't you just be please with the possible good news

I won't roll out my usual comments here

I just don't understand 

When it gets suspended, people freak out.

When there is talk from the higher ups, still complaints

Me personally, this will be great news for us 

We won't have to do a long ass flight and layover in Singapore

But I honestly don't know what Thailand can even do for people not to complain 

Good news is good news....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Why can't you just be please with the possible good news

I won't roll out my usual comments here

I just don't understand 

When it gets suspended, people freak out.

When there is talk from the higher ups, still complaints

Me personally, this will be great news for us 

We won't have to do a long ass flight and layover in Singapore

But I honestly don't know what Thailand can even do for people not to complain 

Good news is good news....

Moaners have rights too!!

Sadly........😃

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Moaners have rights too!!

Sadly........😃

Maybe I'm just easy(I'm not at all 5555)

But I am happy with the positives

I also think there is a lot of people who somehow think they would be able to navigate this 100yr pandemic better, when some couldn't even work their way through an application 

This is really hard stuff for countries to deal with and manage

And most of us, myself Included, wouldn't have all(or most) of the answers 

• Like 2

I made a similar statement on the Thaiger and received a warning for making such statements, scientists and medical people have been telling us for more than a year  that once infected our natural immune system will build immunity against virus's, if we all take zinc, Vitamin D & C on a daily basis we will have an even more robust immune system which will reduce our chances of catching further viral infections. 

• Like 1