News Forum - Rangers find camp where poachers grilled the meat of 2 tigers

Thaiger

A team of park rangers patrolling in Thong Pha Phum National Park in Kanchanaburi near the Thai-Burmese border followed a smoke trail to uncover a camp of poachers. 5 suspects fled into the forest and the rangers were left with the horrific sight of 2 Bengal tiger pelts strung up to dry while a campfire grill sizzled with the flesh of the tigers cooking on it. The Protected Area Regional Office 3 released details today after the patrol that took place from January 8 to January 10 that was intended to curb forestry violations but tracked down the illegal poachers […]

The story Rangers find camp where poachers grilled the meat of 2 tigers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's good they didn't get the pelts, assuming that was the goal. 

I was thinking these were the military rangers not forest rangers at first. Who patrols the borders? 

Hello?  Yes,  hi,  ummm... I'm totally not a poacher, but, uh, I left my shotgun at the poaching camp the other day when I had to leave in a hurry.   Could you please return it to me?  What's that?  Oh, no no no no ... I'm not a poacher at all, I just need my shotgun back so that I can,  uh, well I certainly don't need it for poaching tigers.

• Haha 1

How can any be so evil to this beautifull animal ?   why are thais allways treating animals so evil ? Khanchanaburi its probably near the tiger camp where they drug the tigers and beat them -   those who did it should be shoot !

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

5 suspects fled into the forest

It reminded me of the fat head of ItalThai a few years ago, killing a black panther.
Apart from from the fact he's in prison (assuming no days out for the odd million Baht 'donation'), it couldn't have been him anyway -  the guy couldn't 'flee' so much as 'lumber'.

• Haha 1