Covid Positive in Home Quarantine, but will need Visa extension. What to Do?

stevenkongju

Having recently tested positive for Covid, i am in home quarantine with my Covid Positive wife (Health Dept. approved). I was going to go to the USA on Saturday, but it looks like I will be cancelling that trip. My 30 day visa expires on the 19th, but I may still be in quarantine. Any suggestions on what to do? Will the nice people at immigration understand?

35 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

Having recently tested positive for Covid, i am in home quarantine with my Covid Positive wife (Health Dept. approved). I was going to go to the USA on Saturday, but it looks like I will be cancelling that trip. My 30 day visa expires on the 19th, but I may still be in quarantine. Any suggestions on what to do? Will the nice people at immigration understand?

Where are you located? Phuket they seem to be going to the foreingers there so maybe you can email the immigration location you are at and attach the Health Department document you have and have your wife call. Assuming your wife is Thai. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

30 day Visa exempt entry, or a 30 day extension.

I should look up the contact details for you local Immigration office and ask their advice due to your situation. The TM7 form for further extensions permits others to apply on your behalf.
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON เว้นแต่ ผู้ป่วยหรือผู้พิการที่ไม่สามารถมายื่นด้วยตนเองได้ WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

Your certainly handicapped by having to do quarantine.
1. They either come to you to collect documents to process an application.
2. They allow another person to submit documents on your behalf.
3. They make a note and allow you to submit when out of quarantine without an overstay fine.

I assume you have something from the Health Dept. to confirm your quarantine.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Where are you located? Phuket they seem to be going to the foreingers there so maybe you can email the immigration location you are at and attach the Health Department document you have and have your wife call. Assuming your wife is Thai. 

In Pattaya with Thai wife.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

30 day Visa exempt entry.

You can apply for the standard 30 day extension.

Completed form TM7. TM 7 Application for Extension of Stay.pdf
Passport
Copy of Passport photo/details page.
Copy of entry stamp.
Copy of TM6
Fee 1,900 BHT.

Chonburi Immigration Pattaya

Address
75/265 หมู่ที่ 12 ถนน ชายหาดจอมเทียน Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150

Hours: 
Closes soon ⋅ 4PM ⋅ Opens 8:30AM Thu

• Like 1