TM30 app

2 hours ago, Skipalong said:

The hotel in Pai sent in a tm30... as they are now required to do... so even if you live permanently in Thailand your tm30 changes every time the hotel does what they are supposed to do under the new edict.

Hotels have been required to notify the presence of foreigners in their establishment for many many years. Nothing new about that. It sounds like you have ended up in a bizarre situation where both you and the IO were assuming that the provisions of a 1979 regulation were still in force without amendment. You will know next time won’t you and take a copy of the 2020 amendment with you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skipalong said:

Why not... it's their job to be... that's the problem

Yes they should be but it’s not a perfect world and there are variations in competence between individuals in every organization in every country but if you are not fully informed yourself about the requirements of regulations that you are trying to comply with you are at a serious disadvantage. This is particularly true of the TM30 requirement which has been there for many years but if I recall correctly has only been made the responsibility of the foreigner to ensure compliance with  with fairly recently with several significant further amendments in the last few years. I would say that you are well prepared for your future visits to immigration now. You might want to consider using the Section 38 ( for TM30) and Immigration ( for 90 day report) Applications in the future then you won’t have to deal with any officials face to face.  

• 3 months later...

I originally sumbitted my TM30 at Chonburi Immigration in August 2022 on a Non-O 90 day Visa. The Period of stay I put on the form was to Oct 2022 - which was when out permit to stay ended.

We then got an extended permit to stay until November 2023 under retirement.

Did my first 90 day report in Jan 2023. No problems.

I have just returned to Thailand after a 4 week trip to Singapore to same address (our condo), not sure if I need a new TM30 or not.

To be safe, I registered for TM30 online, got my username and password. Tried submitting through the website, filled out the form for me, but it complains about invalid data, but no clues to what.

I tried using the Android App, which turned out to be much simpler. Took my details, photo of my passport. Submitted ok. Entry shows up in the App and in the website, which is reassuring.

My question is, do I need to print anything out and put it in my passport? If so what? All I seem to see is a summary in the app - with an option to cancel. Would like to have some proof for immigration if its a problem at my next 90day report.

24 minutes ago, Nightflame said:

I have just returned to Thailand after a 4 week trip to Singapore to same address (our condo), not sure if I need a new TM30 or not.

According to the new TM30 regulations issued June 2020, if returning to the previously registered address, there is no requirement to file a further TM30.
However, not all IO's are aware, or play dumb to extract some tea money.

TM30 Reporting Regulation.pdf 

TM30 reportingregulation(Thai).pdf 

4 hours ago, Nightflame said:

My question is, do I need to print anything out and put it in my passport? If so what? All I seem to see is a summary in the app - with an option to cancel. Would like to have some proof for immigration if its a problem at my next 90day report.

I was advised by Thailand Elite to take a screenshot of the summary information in the app and print it out as evidence of having submitted a TM30. I do my 90 day report via the app and haven’t had any problems to date

TM30 7 January 2022.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Faz said:

@Stevejm

Where can you download the App from?
It used to be downloadable from Immigration website > Online services, but damned if I could any longer find it.

I downloaded it for iPhone from the App Store. It was called Section 38. However I have just checked and it doesn’t seem to be available anymore. My app still seems to work though. Confusing or what?4DBABA43-4CB8-4555-8631-76E46D819095.thumb.jpeg.a56305a9662b2385924baaffc5d48a0c.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

I downloaded it for iPhone from the App Store. It was called Section 38. However I have just checked and it doesn’t seem to be available anymore. My app still seems to work though. Confusing or what?

Only from what I've read, Thai Apps are here today, gone tomorrow, work one day, but not the next.
Personally avoided using Apps.

I never had a problem with the old 90-day online reporting system, although many reportedly did.
The new 90-day online system https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login appears much more reliable.
The only issue I have is with my IO needing a nudge to approve it.

20 minutes ago, Faz said:

Only from what I've read, Thai Apps are here today, gone tomorrow, work one day, but not the next.
Personally avoided using Apps.

I never had a problem with the old 90-day online reporting system, although many reportedly did.
The new 90-day online system https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login appears much more reliable.
The only issue I have is with my IO needing a nudge to approve it.

The apps worked great for me throughout last year but now both the TM30 and TM47 apps have disappeared from the App Store . I have emailed TE to get their take on it so I will post an update if they come back with anything useful. Meanwhile my previously installed apps still seem to work. My first 90 day report for my current entry is due next month so I will have to see how that goes.

23 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

The apps worked great for me throughout last year but now both the TM30 and TM47 apps have disappeared from the App Store . I have emailed TE to get their take on it so I will post an update if they come back with anything useful. Meanwhile my previously installed apps still seem to work. My first 90 day report for my current entry is due next month so I will have to see how that goes.

I only asked, knowing you use the App, and a new member asked where he could download the 'App'.
(Higher up this page) I couldn't find it to download any more.

21 hours ago, Faz said:

I only asked, knowing you use the App, and a new member asked where he could download the 'App'.
(Higher up this page) I couldn't find it to download any more.

The response from TE wasn’t very helpful. They basically suggested that I use the online reporting.The apps  definitely aren’t available for download although the ones I downloaded previously still appear to work ( well TM30 app works at least).

> TM30 app works at least

I have the Android version downloaded from the Play Store last year. Yes, seemed to work well for me. Odd they removed it. Thanks for the tip, I'll save the screen shot incase IO question my TM30. Hope the app does not stop working, because the web version (https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/) is trickier. The data I entered via the website form would not validate, and no clues to what it did not like. However once entered ok via the app, the summary appears ok on the website as well.

1 hour ago, Nightflame said:

> TM30 app works at least

I have the Android version downloaded from the Play Store last year. Yes, seemed to work well for me. Odd they removed it. Thanks for the tip, I'll save the screen shot incase IO question my TM30. Hope the app does not stop working, because the web version (https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/) is trickier. The data I entered via the website form would not validate, and no clues to what it did not like. However once entered ok via the app, the summary appears ok on the website as well.

I also had trouble trying to set up the TM30 submission via the website but no problem at all via the app. In my case when trying to set up my account via the website it gave an error message saying that an account already existed for my address. Because I live in/own a condo I wondered if the juristic person has set up an account for the whole building. Anyway the app works fine. The confusing message that I received from TE seemed to say that immigration are continuing to support the TM30 app but they couldn’t explain why it had disappeared from the App Store. My 90 day reports were all approved last year without any issues so hopefully that will continue to be the case. I used to do TM30 via registered mail so it’s all still a big improvement on that. Fingers crossed that it keeps working🤞

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, hughcow said:

Can anyone tell me if there is any real purpose to 90 day reporting?

The purpose is to confirm you're still residing at the same address as registered with Immigration.

2 hours ago, Faz said:

The purpose is to confirm you're still residing at the same address as registered with Immigration.

But why does it matter? If they're so worried why not just ask you to report any permanent change of address.

50 minutes ago, hughcow said:

If they're so worried why not just ask you to report any permanent change of address.

They do, that's what a TM30 is for, but not everyone complies.

Unfortunately, the law states you must confirm your place of residence every 90 days, if staying more than 90 consecutive days. Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) ENG.pdf 

Section 37.

5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

13 hours ago, Faz said:

Since the TM6 arrival card has been dropped Immigration won’t know where you are staying until you submit the 90 day report ( although you do have to submit the TM30)

49 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Since the TM6 arrival card has been dropped Immigration won’t know where you are staying until you submit the 90 day report ( although you do have to submit the TM30)

Under the new TM30 regulations, if no TM30 is filed, Immigration will assume you have returned to your registered address. This amendment was particularly aimed at and for the benefit of the 'long stayers'.

The first 90-day report will only confirm you returned to your previously registered address, as they assumed.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, hughcow said:

Can anyone tell me if there is any real purpose to 90 day reporting?

There is no practical purpose and IMO is a waste of everyone's time.

Once you are registered at an address (or submitted a TM30 if you move) that should be it. 

Abolishing the TM60 (temporarily!) was a sensible move, let's hope the same happens with 90 day reporting.

45 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Once you are registered at an address (or submitted a TM30 if you move) that should be it. 

Agreed, although that requires everyone to be aware and comply with the law, which is frequently not the case. These laws were written in 1979 and are now outdated IMO.

Section 38 deals with the requirement for Immigration to be notified of an alien's residence, which should apply to all non Thais entering the Country, however many hotels and guest houses don't comply and how many private Thai homeowners that rent are even aware of this requirement.

Section 37 deals with the 90-day reporting requirement, which only applies to non Thais having permission of stay for longer than 90 consecutive days, not tourists.

Unless they are prepared to move with the times and amend the laws, nothing will change, they'll remain stagnated behind the rest of the world. They're even too lazy to rewrite existing laws, instead writing 'amendments', adding more documents and confusion to an already complicated situation.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Faz said:

Agreed, although that requires everyone to be aware and comply with the law, which is frequently not the case. These laws were written in 1979 and are now outdated IMO.

Section 38 deals with the requirement for Immigration to be notified of an alien's residence, which should apply to all non Thais entering the Country, however many hotels and guest houses don't comply and how many private Thai homeowners that rent are even aware of this requirement.

Section 37 deals with the 90-day reporting requirement, which only applies to non Thais having permission of stay for longer than 90 consecutive days, not tourists.

Unless they are prepared to move with the times and amend the laws, nothing will change, they'll remain stagnated behind the rest of the world. They're even too lazy to rewrite existing laws, instead writing 'amendments', adding more documents and confusion to an already complicated situation.

"Moving with the times" is the key phrase - and, in fairness, online 90 day reporting and abolishing TM6's are examples of that. 

I can only think of Cambodia where arrival cards are used that include an address in Cambodia. 

Technology is a friend to Immigration and biometrics are used for most visitors. Frankly, they shouldn't bother with visa exempt visitors but simply have a default system to flag up every entry that isn't matched with an exit within 30/45 days. Focus resources on trying to find/monitor these people. I know people who have overstayed for 8 years; they are no harm to anyone but they are flagrantly abusing the laws.

Everybody else is subject entry by visa/reentry permit and all details are held on Immigration files somewhere. I agree that everyone should be aware and comply with the law where notifying a new address is concerned. Make the penalties tougher for those who don't.

The annual application to extend permission to stay is the time when addresses are evidenced as part of the process. Phone numbers are also held. No other reporting should be required. The cheats/fraudsters etc will always cheat but I would guess that 90+% of long-term expats are genuine (in terms of address).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An update for people who still have the immigration app installed on their phone ( it’s still not available for download). I arrived back in late December and just recently tried to do my 90 day report via the app. As I didn’t receive a TM6 card on arrival I left the TM6 field blank in the data entry section. This resulted in an error message.

69D0737C-31CD-4993-B624-04253475E448.jpeg.46682baef50dab8f82164f6aa4014a4f.jpeg

I then contacted Thailand Elite who advised me to enter TM00000 as the TM number. However TE also advised that the first 90 day report after my latest entry would have to be done in person with subsequent reports able to be done online. It turns out that they were partially correct as when I tried to submit the report via the app the TM00000 fix worked but the submission was rejected as it said no record of my entry ( my stay expiry date was also wrong). I therefore tried to submit via the website ( which doesn’t even ask for the TM6 number) and success! 2 days later approved! I then opened the app again and my stay expiry date has been updated so next time I assume that I should be able to submit via the app. Hope this is useful for some people.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My intention after getting my retirement visa was to travel around Thailand. If I need to get a copy of every tm30 at every place i stay and submit it to the IO I think i'll just travel to surrounding countries first. I believe the 90 day reporting starts from your last entry into Thailand. If i time it right I will need to do little of that also. I just have an aversion to dealing with government departments and try to do so as little as possible. It can be bad enough in Oz but Thailand takes it to a whole new level.