Jump to content

News Forum - NIDA Poll: No optimism about pandemic, economy, and politics


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

A new NIDA Poll asked people about their thoughts on 2022, asking about politics, the economy, and the Covid-19 pandemic, with the majority of respondents not having a particularly positive outlook on the coming year. They were asked if the economy will improve, if the pandemic will subside, and also if PM Prayut Chan-o-cha will remain in power or what will happen in the world of politics. The poll was conducted by the National Institute of Development Administration who surveyed a representative sample of 1,325 people who were of various ages over 18, and from a variety of different locations, […]

The story NIDA Poll: No optimism about pandemic, economy, and politics as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the economy circles the drain, the government has no answers. This is what happens when you freeze due to paranoia . 
Thailand has the most nauseating regulations on the globe. Impossible to have a functional economy as the government strangles countless industries. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PJK said:

As the economy circles the drain, the government has no answers. This is what happens when you freeze due to paranoia . 
Thailand has the most nauseating regulations on the globe. Impossible to have a functional economy as the government strangles countless industries. 

Same thing is happening in democratic liberal states in the US.  Those governments will not let go of inducing fear in order to maintain control and profit off the regulations and mandates.  I currently see no end in sight, after this variant another one will appear and so on.

  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Saunk said:

Same thing is happening in democratic liberal states in the US.  Those governments will not let go of inducing fear in order to maintain control and profit off the regulations and mandates.  I currently see no end in sight, after this variant another one will appear and so on.

Please explain how they are profiting 

 

Give actual examples 

Not Fox News/OAN talking points

 

Give factual examples 

 

I guess gives examples of "control" as well

Factual instances of control 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the same could be said of most countries right now in their outlook. It will be interesting to see what happens in countries where governments are facing elections....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, PJK said:

As the economy circles the drain, the government has no answers. This is what happens when you freeze due to paranoia . 
Thailand has the most nauseating regulations on the globe. Impossible to have a functional economy as the government strangles countless industries. 

From closer observations, it appears that few of these broad draconian measures are of an independent nature that might suit Thailand's situation. Yet, instead copy what others have done in the current fashionable nature - most of which have little to do with the existence of local population, comparatively. 

There certainly would be much more creative and innovative ways to continue on and grow without the official frenzied, and unnecessary, paranoia that has captured the "authorities". 

We can't be living like this forever, can we? 

It's time to come to grips with Covid - and learn to live with it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think the same could be said of most countries right now in their outlook. It will be interesting to see what happens in countries where governments are facing elections....

Elections shouldn't figure in any of this, as all competing factors are one and the same. Same clubs.

The greater problems that we face are government and officialdom infrastructures, which largely have little concern for us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, DesperateOldHand said:

From closer observations, it appears that few of these broad draconian measures are of an independent nature that might suit Thailand's situation. Yet, instead copy what others have done in the current fashionable nature - most of which have little to do with the existence of local population, comparatively. 

There certainly would be much more creative and innovative ways to continue on and grow without the official frenzied, and unnecessary, paranoia that has captured the "authorities". 

We can't be living like this forever, can we? 

It's time to come to grips with Covid - and learn to live with it. 

'Come to grips', maybe, @DesperateOldHand, but first, for goodness only sake, this govt must proactively make the pandemic its #1 priority and continue with its vaccine roll-out, now that the vaccines are, supposedly, available. Whilst Prayuth publicly urges people to get their 3rd jab, their booster shot, there are still many millions for whom a first jab hasn't been promoted as being available at State hospitals. That is a disgrace!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, King Cotton said:

'Come to grips', maybe, @DesperateOldHand, but first, for goodness only sake, this govt must proactively continue with its vaccine roll-out, now that the vaccines are, supposedly, available. Whilst Prayuth publicly urges people to get their 3rd jab, their booster shot, there are still many millions for whom a first jab hasn't been promoted as being available at State hospitals. That is a disgrace!

Promotion and strong practice of basic mitigation protocol among the population might be wiser. 

If the bug has no where to go then any transmission will be significantly low. 

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DesperateOldHand said:

Promotion and strong practice of basic mitigation protocol among the population might be wiser. 

If the bug has no where to go then any transmission will be significantly low. 

As time goes by many are becoming lackadaisical when it comes to mitigation!

A significant number  have/ had the virus but never tested  for it imop.

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DesperateOldHand said:

From closer observations, it appears that few of these broad draconian measures are of an independent nature that might suit Thailand's situation. Yet, instead copy what others have done in the current fashionable nature - most of which have little to do with the existence of local population, comparatively. 

There certainly would be much more creative and innovative ways to continue on and grow without the official frenzied, and unnecessary, paranoia that has captured the "authorities". 

We can't be living like this forever, can we? 

It's time to come to grips with Covid - and learn to live with it. 

That is very true but people just don't see the woods for trees do they, bloody unbelievable!! The sooner we have country wide Omicron infections the better off we will be, get it over with and move forward as Covid is going to be around for a while!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DesperateOldHand said:

From closer observations, it appears that few of these broad draconian measures are of an independent nature that might suit Thailand's situation. Yet, instead copy what others have done in the current fashionable nature - most of which have little to do with the existence of local population, comparatively. 

There certainly would be much more creative and innovative ways to continue on and grow without the official frenzied, and unnecessary, paranoia that has captured the "authorities". 

We can't be living like this forever, can we? 

It's time to come to grips with Covid - and learn to live with it. 

June 2022.  Draw a line in the sand - plan for that to be the 'end date' - and then get on with moving forward on everything (economy, living, working, travelling, etc etc) after that date.  Covid clearly cannot be stopped. Most who want to get vaccinated are vaccinated.  The time to stop trying to stop Covid and let it run its course should be in June 2022. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

June 2022.  Draw a line in the sand - plan for that to be the 'end date' - and then get on with moving forward on everything (economy, living, working, travelling, etc etc) after that date.  Covid clearly cannot be stopped. Most who want to get vaccinated are vaccinated.  The time to stop trying to stop Covid and let it run its course should be in June 2022. 

Sure. Allow it to run it's course naturally - as most viruses will do. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 4

      News Forum - Buriram locals spooked as possessed medium pigs out on raw pork

    2. 7

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    3. 63

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

    4. 1

      News Forum - Centara ranked as Thailand’s strongest brand two years in a row

    5. 236

      What happened to all you Football Fans?

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use