Love those Circle Intersections in Udon Thani!

GMoney2312

In order to negotiate roundabouts here in Thailand I regularly watch a documentary which shows you how to do them. 

Its called Ben Hur.

• Haha 5

Just now, Rookiescot said:

In order to negotiate roundabouts here in Thailand I regularly watch a documentary which shows you how to do them. 

Its called Ben Hur.

What if there's a Ben Him on the roundabout?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Or indeed Ben It if its a ladyboy.

Or Ben Dover ?  555

I liked the 'silent policeman' roundabouts in the UK and NSW as they not only worked well but didn't impede large vehicles.  Easy to install and low maintenance.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREg_sQVN_P9Q770kUlH25

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I thought he was a dentist, in partnership with Phil McCavity.

Surely not, I thought Ben was in partnership with Dixie Normus.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Ben Dover would be nearer to it.

Oh Geez, another one of my threads is going sideways again!🤪🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Surely not, I thought Ben was in partnership with Dixie Normus.

Is he related to Biggus Dickus who wanks highway in Wome? 

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Sorry mate. It was an open goal and we all couldnt stop ourselves.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Well, in a roundabout way, it was going to happen.

2 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

3 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Then living in Houston and then Southern California and a bit in Arizona proved to be the three places they are not...

Does it ever rain in Southern California..🤓

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, stevenkongju said:

We used to have many in New Jersey. About 25 years ago they started changing them to overpasses or just large intersections. I liked the circles. If it was all locals, things moved much quicker. The problem was when an out-of-stater was around.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlton_Circle

New Jersey has the "jug handles" as well 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Faraday said:

Does it ever rain in Southern California..

Not much, but when it does it is all the news talks about!

10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Then I yell- Offsides! Or at least pretend to be injured when the wind blows....🤣

• Like 2

In a feeble attempt to get back on topic:

Here in Ayutthaya we have a roundabout downtown that is controlled by traffic lights …… ahh good , that should work okay I hear you say ……. Nope !!

The main drag has 5 lanes waiting for the green light to enter the roundabout, due to the lack of white lines on the roundabout itself when the light goes green it is mayhem. The two far right lanes have to negotiate the curve of the r/bout while the 3 left lanes drive straight ahead !! 
Yup …. a big cluster@&k every time !!

All due to lack of white lines.

While in other places, painting lines on the floor seems to be a chance to show your artistic tendencies !!

At the end of my soi is a 7-11, a veritable extravaganza of bad parking habits, in order to curb the erratic abandonment of said vehicles while grabbing a tasty snack some government “ official “ gave the okay to paint the following ( am at a loss what to call it !! ) on the road adjacent.

93F30A03-EFC3-409E-9A94-FFCAF5F83D0E.thumb.jpeg.23c4f46e08a9854be56906bb364cac29.jpeg

The author of this masterpiece Jacksonchai Pollockthanokorn forgot to sign it !!

• Haha 2

Bout  30 years back looking down from a hotel room balcony on a massive roundabout in Rome I was fascinated by the weaving morning rush hour traffic  as well as the constant noise of horns !

Some of the participants in the street war I noticed has to completely circle more than once to achieve a position to exit at desired point. From above it was moving art !

36 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

In a feeble attempt to get back on topic:

Here in Ayutthaya we have a roundabout downtown that is controlled by traffic lights …… ahh good , that should work okay I hear you say ……. Nope !!

The main drag has 5 lanes waiting for the green light to enter the roundabout, due to the lack of white lines on the roundabout itself when the light goes green it is mayhem. The two far right lanes have to negotiate the curve of the r/bout while the 3 left lanes drive straight ahead !! 
Yup …. a big cluster@&k every time !!

All due to lack of white lines.

I'd love to see some photos or better still a short video of this clusterduck. Might you be amenable to producing such an extravaganza?

11 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I'd love to see some photos or better still a short video of this clusterduck. Might you be amenable to producing such an extravaganza?

In reality a roundabout is not needed in this location but there is a problem in the shape of a big f&ck off Chedi on top of it .

A video might take a while, Sunday traffic here can be a pain, but I will get some dash cam footage when i next pass by there. Having said that I think there’s a pitiful limit on uploading video here, 9mb ??

In lieu of that here’s a couple of photos:

BB3F62D8-4067-4961-890E-DFE263927C2D.jpeg.515075f609696afbca3b377658403ea3.jpeg

7C1F5465-14A4-479F-9290-8DB126F7CF60.jpeg.c873bf58fcd6c90ceb4fc480b174ecd5.jpeg

Another issue is that the traffic lights show a straight up arrow and a right turn arrow, on a couple of occasions I have seen out of towners ( or “ mau yaba” as my gf calls them ) turning right and going the wrong way round, thankfully the traffic lights means no oncoming traffic ….. except for the odd chancer on a motorbike of course !!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

In reality a roundabout is not needed in this location but there is a problem in the shape of a big f&ck off Chedi on top of it .

A video might take a while, Sunday traffic here can be a pain, but I will get some dash cam footage when i next pass by there. Having said that I think there’s a pitiful limit on uploading video here, 9mb ??

Thanks for the photos and the description of the type of Chedi. I look forward to the dashcam video - uploading restrictions permitting. Perhaps you could lower the resolution the dashcam saves at?

3 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Thanks for the photos and the description of the type of Chedi. I look forward to the dashcam video - uploading restrictions permitting. Perhaps you could lower the resolution the dashcam saves at?

Yep, I’ll take a look, I remember when I tried to upload a dash cam video to show the resolution of the 70Mai it would only allow a 6 sec video !!

Leave it with me .

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

New Jersey has the "jug handles" as well 

Located on a "jug handle", is this great, old bar. My friends and I used to buy beer there when we were underage, 35 years ago.

https://www.thejughandleinn.com

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 9.56.32 AM.png

Edited by stevenkongju
typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

Located on a "jug handle", is this great, old bar. My friends and I used to buy beer there when we were underage, 35 years ago.

https://www.thejughandleinn.com

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 9.56.32 AM.png

Wow looks great

My "jughandle" restaurant was a bit less glamorous 

Wendy's in Jersey City on Rt 440   😀

• Like 2