News Forum - Phuket hotels to offer isolation rooms for asymptomatic guests who refuse hospital

Thaiger

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but no there's not.

There's a vast difference between between people complaining because they're struggling financially, asking for financial support, etc, which is clearly what you're talking about and which I agree with 100%, and people asking for bars and borders to be opened as the solution which I'd thought was clearly what I'm talking about.

Edit:

If that isn't clear that's my mistake, as I've simply got bored of repeating the difference every time this point comes up.

Yes, you're right. 

That was your mistake.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Having said that, as a way of seeing my family, I'd still do Phuket covidbox as it's better than quarantine, but for genuine tourists, they'd have to be crazy wouldn't they?!

You should just use Zoom and safe yourself the hassle.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

You should just use Zoom and safe yourself the hassle.

I'm okay with it all really, but I definitely won't do full quarantine again. 

For me it's about the lost time not the money.

Lost 4 members of my family in the past year and a half, so time is the most precious commodity of all 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 8:07 PM, Stonker said:

Another piece of "creative writing" by Maya Taylor, with a slant on what "most insurance schemed will not cover" that differs markedly from the source article in the Bangkok Post.

Despite that, the Sandbox and Test 'n'Go schemes are disasters that were waiting to happen that will inevitably damage either tourists or Thailand or, almost certainly, both.

Tourists have been allowed to enter with insurance cover that either doesn't cover the mandatory requirements at all or only does so by refunding the costs after they've been paid by the tourists, with hospitals demanding a 100,000 deposit from tourists who pick a fight over paying a 50 baht entrance fee, paid by tourists and Thais alike.

They've also allowed tourists to stay in cheap SHA+  hotels that are neither staffed nor able to operate as SQ hotels with the additional security and facilities required, ... and allowed the limited international hospitals on Phuket to charge extortionate rates for quarantine.

Now everyone here is going to suffer the consequences of prioritising short term gains for a very few ahead of anything else.

A great analysis. Thank you

• Thanks 1