News Forum - Khao San Road getting cleaned, staff tested after 11 partygoers test positive for Covid-19

Thaiger

Bangkok’s Khao San Road is in for a big cleaning after the New Year weekend where 11 people tested positive for Covid-19. Authorities are now urging those who partied on the street on December 30 and 31 to get tested and to monitor their health. The nightlife walking street, known as a backpacker’s mecca with cheap drinks, laughing gas balloons, and scorpion on a stick, has been open under the government’s “Covid Free Setting” measures. Those who want to party on the street have to either show proof that they are fully vaccinated, or that they tested negative for the […]

The story Khao San Road getting cleaned, staff tested after 11 partygoers test positive for Covid-19 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

21 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The nightlife walking street, known as a backpacker’s mecca with cheap drinks, laughing gas balloons, and scorpion on a stick,

there's probably a sting in the tail somewhere down the line .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11 PEOPLE!??? Quick!! Lockdown! Panic!! Message STONKER!!, STOP YOUR LIFE! Cease breathing!! ANTIGEN TEST... QUICK! WORK FROM HOME!!!! Don't un-mask!! Get to the nearest "hopital"...... FOR GOD'S Sake (or LORD Buddha's !?).... GET A FECKIN' GRIP ON REALITY!!! 

I'm ashamed to be a human being!! "

Profitable.

Edited by Smithydog
Disparaging comment removed from quoted post
  • Like 2

I always liked Kao San Road, even when it mutaded into a cheapo commercial hub for westerners. It's Bangkok's human Zoo. One way to solve all problems related to Hygiene and Boose is to install a Carwash Type Gate at both Ends of the Road and fill it up with 98% pure alcohol. Win-Win Situation. gone are the day's of the smelling Backpacker with fleas in his hair.

After the Gate, relax

stiff woman.jpg

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Dedinbed said:

there's probably a sting in the tail somewhere down the line .. 

Quite benign if one looks at the situation carefully.

57 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Yeah... for Astra Zenica, Pfizer et al!! ALL ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and control of THE MASSES!! NOT SAVING LIVES!! But the world has bought into the hysteria!! I can't believe the human race has been soooooooooooo gullible!

Oh, I certainly can. Applies to particular sub-groups. 

2 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Why does the TRUTH hurt sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!???

Tell lies and everyone thumbs up! Express the true angle of things and you're branded a 'trouble-maker!" God... society has regressed when they buy in to the liars out there!!

Lying and deceiving - it's [among a wrath of other nasty things] what separates us from other life forms. 

Not a pleasant picture.

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

Express the true angle of things and you're branded a 'trouble-maker!

You're wrong here, express the truth and get silenced.  The narrative doesnt stand up to facts so they simply remove anyone willing to speak them from social media.  The lemmings then cheer this on.  Its a precursor to when the remove those willing to speak up from society all together and the sheople will know exactly how to react to this through their training on social media.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Yeah... for Astra Zenica, Pfizer et al!! ALL ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and control of THE MASSES!! NOT SAVING LIVES!! But the world has bought into the hysteria!! I can't believe the human race has been soooooooooooo gullible!

You realise that Pfizer made the tinfoil hat you're wearing aye?

• Haha 1

They're going to sanitize the entire Khao San Road? Lol. The absurdities continue... this is just another example of virtue signaling. Allow me to assert, this is not the RIGHT thing to do. 

There is no escaping being exposed to viruses. And we now have enough information to make rational public health decisions with SarsCov2. The more we test, the more "cases" there will be. The virus is endemic, nothing can be done about that. The only thing that can be done is how we act moving forward... Stop mass testing and we solve the "emergency." The numbers are in (not "case" numbers, but actual hospital admissions and deaths)... there is no more need to declare a world-wide pandemic. It's time to truly get back to normal. The "New Normal" needs to be a return to sanity.

Probably one of the greatest tricks in all of this has been to convince us all that you can be sick without having any symptoms. It's time to end this "casedemic" and manage this like we should have from the very beginning... 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 4

Bloody idiots , they gonna sanitise every place there’s covid 😂😂😂

Complete and utter nut jobs ,, they will be sanitising the runways soon after a plane hits the tarmac incase it’s brought covid with it .

This is a country where they throw old fish heads in a bucket to rot for 6 months and sup the juice in their som tum to give themselves liver cancer ,, but hey ho sanitise the pavements 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

They're going to sanitize the entire Khao San Road? Lol. The absurdities continue... this is just another example of virtue signaling. Allow me to assert, this is not the RIGHT thing to do. 

There is no escaping being exposed to viruses. And we now have enough information to make rational public health decisions with SarsCov2. The more we test, the more "cases" there will be. The virus is endemic, nothing can be done about that. The only thing that can be done is how we act moving forward... Stop mass testing and we solve the "emergency." The numbers are in (not "case" numbers, but actual hospital admissions and deaths)... there is no more need to declare a world-wide pandemic. It's time to truly get back to normal. The "New Normal" needs to be a return to sanity.

Probably one of the greatest tricks in all of this has been to convince us all that you can be sick without having any symptoms. It's time to end this "casedemic" and manage this like we should have from the very beginning... 

So cleaning is absurd?

Why do you care if a street gets cleaned?

Why would you be against cleaning, no matter the circumstance

There should be more cleaning in this world.........all you have to do is take a look at the dregs that get on an airplane these days looking like they are homeless

People are gross, I say douse them all in sanitizer  5555

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

So cleaning is absurd?

Why do you care if a street gets cleaned?

Why would you be against cleaning, no matter the circumstance

There should be more cleaning in this world.........all you have to do is take a look at the dregs that get on an airplane these days looking like they are homeless

People are gross, I say douse them all in sanitizer  5555

Don't bring me into your virtue signaling, OCD, sycophantic misery. Lol. You Germophob's are more then welcome to go lock yourselves down. Zuckbot's got a Metaverse solution for you, have a great time. Clean to your heart's content. Lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Don't bring me into your virtue signaling, OCD, sycophantic misery. Lol. You Germophob's are more then welcome to go lock yourselves down. Zuckbot's got a Metaverse solution for you, have a great time. Clean to your heart's content. Lol.

I'm a phobe?

Not the guy getting his panties in a bunch about a street he won't even be on gets cleaned

But yeah, I'm the one who is afraid......

Sure thing buttercup

• Like 2

After one man tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday, 10 of his friends who partied with him on Khao San Road also tested positive in a rapid antigen test. 

is it just me, or does point that there is no alien hint to the point, that this 11 are locals? 

to the tests for Khao San Road, are all the side entrances closed, in Party nights? Impossible, methinks ;-)

12 hours ago, whitesnake said:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11 PEOPLE!??? Quick!! Lockdown! Panic!! Message STONKER!!, STOP YOUR LIFE! Cease breathing!! ANTIGEN TEST... QUICK! WORK FROM HOME!!!! Don't un-mask!! Get to the nearest "hopital"...... FOR GOD'S Sake (or LORD Buddha's !?).... GET A FECKIN' GRIP ON REALITY!!! 

I'm ashamed to be a human being!! 

I guess you are related to karen and your name is ken🥱

Check out any YouTube video of KS Road or Bangla Rd, Phuket NYE and then marvel at this symbolic, but an ultimately useless gesture.

16 hours ago, whitesnake said:

God... society has regressed when they buy in to the liars out there!!

Well, we can agree on that part if not much else 😂.

• Like 1