News Forum - Travellers who break Philippines quarantine rules face US$1,000 fine or 6 months in jail

Thaiger

The Philippines has issued a warning to incoming travellers that those who break quarantine rules might face fines of up to 50,000 Philippine pesos (US$1,000) or six months in prison as it prepares to deal with the new strain of Omicron in the wake of a spike in Covid-19 cases. During a television interview yesterday, President Duterte’s spokesperson, Karlos Nograles, stated that the government will track down the violators who break the protocols, adding that criminal charges will also be filed against those who set an example for others. Don’t even think about breaking the rules because we’ll track you […]

The story Travellers who break Philippines quarantine rules face US$1,000 fine or 6 months in jail as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

27 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Good!   What are rules for?   Everyone follows rules to the letter in Thailand . . . don't they ⁉️

Not just "good" but outstanding!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Good!   What are rules for?   Everyone follows rules to the letter in Thailand . . . don't they ⁉️

Do I taste a hint of sarcasm here? 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

And a touch of facetiousness, too, I confess 😏 !

Oh, and all mixed together in a motorcycle helmet, and strained through a medical mask I bet as well.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Oh, and all mixed together in a motorcycle helmet, and strained through a medical mask I bet as well.

Only if you want a vermicelli-like mix of rhetorical clichés.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, King Cotton said:

I always follow the rules here except when I am driving, riding and..................................

• Cool 1

4 hours ago, AussieBob said:

And I thought Thailand was a too hard on tourists.  6 months in jail?? 

Don't travel to Thailand/Philippines now.

The difference is that the Philippines will have no hesitation in doing as they've said.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cabra said:

No sympathy for criminals, scofflaws and illicit drugs 🖕

President Duterte certainly does not!  maybe the exception is if its his son who is involved