News Forum - Tourist says man assaulted her after she refused to pay 50 baht for Koh Samui viewpoint

Thaiger

9 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Male striking a female, a huge no no in civilized cultures, when she had no weapon ……yet all these pathetic “likes”  for the idiot caretaker…..husband should have smothered her at once and pulled her away ….and paid caretaker 100 baht for the trouble……

woman needs psych. eval……

I think the husband's actions may be evidence that she was in the wrong and initiated the violence, IMO

If someone hit your wife umprompted, I highly doubt you would just try and get in the middle of them, you would attack the guy yourself defending your wife.

I can't say that for sure, not having seen the initial interaction, but his behavior sure seems that is the case

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I think the husband's actions may be evidence that she was in the wrong and initiated the violence, IMO

If someone hit your wife umprompted, I highly doubt you would just try and get in the middle of them, you would attack the guy yourself defending your wife.

I can't say that for sure, not having seen the initial interaction, but his behavior sure seems that is the case

Missing the made points and introducing others and naively risking jail & serious beating& large hospital bill, on point of honour …you first.

Do research the jail conditions here by all means …….

You do know that when you assault any Thai as foreigner male you will get the crap beaten out of you by sudden appearance of his six friends ….

personally don’t get guys being with angry aggressive unfeminine females who then expect to be defended…..

strictly never applicable in my case so this trouble neatly avoided….

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

she needs a spanking. 

Shes a sassy gal--I like her moxie taking any and all thais nearby......does she have Line app?

3 hours ago, riclag said:

555 First Time for everything I suppose! Years ago I was assaulted by a old Thai woman for not paying a 5 bht toilet fee!  Coming from the states , I never heard of such a thing! I thought she was just another pan handler!

I was a salted by a thai boiled peanut vendor :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

"when she had no weapon" ???

She'd very clearly already punched him twice with a clenched fist and pushed him at least twice (two clearly visible, once more possibly, not on camera) then she picked up the folding chair and hit him with that!

... and only then, after she'd hit him with the folding chair, does he try to defend himself!

Then she picks up the chair again and throws it at him!

... and you call him an "idiot" and those who looked at the video "pathetic" 😂!

When she went to the police station she obviously didn't know the whole thing had been caught on camera - the evidence couldn't be clearer.

Hope she gets fined, jailed, thrown out and blacklisted.

Didn’t watch video just read the ( incomplete) article.Thai Guy should have run off & called cops after first strike and husband should have restrained the crazy cow….she will be surely be Permanently Deported.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Was able to view it on my phone just now. Not really full clarity for how it started and how it escalated, but she was definetely a hot tamale and in my opinion out of line and should have walked away.

Salty Gal--...just my type..I like my women like my beer--cold n bitter..i do know of a hotel--100 baht!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Missing the made points and introducing others and naively risking jail & serious beating& large hospital bill, on point of honour …you first.

Do research the jail conditions here by all means …….

You do know that when you assault any Thai as foreigner male you will get the crap beaten out of you by sudden appearance of his six friends ….

personally don’t get guys being with angry aggressive unfeminine females who then expect to be defended…..

strictly never applicable in my case so this trouble neatly avoided….

What does anything you just said have anything to do with what I wrote?

Literally nothing.......

Although I don't disagree with anything you wrote......

9 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

The real victim here is the aggressive ladies husband. Imagine being married to that. I will take a drive down to this viewpoint tomorrow, if Mr Mangkorn is there I will offer to pay his fine and legal fees. Poor guy trying to do a days graft and then this happens.

To cheer his spirits I will offer up one of my best jokes to him.

Q.What do you tell a Russian trespasser with 2 black eyes.

A. Nothing, you told her twice already.

mwahahahaha

Most underrated post of this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Stonker said:

She punched him, twice, then attacked him with a metal framed folding chair, and he did the minimum to defend himself

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Thai caretaker, simply doing his job and then trying to defend himself when he's attacked 

It is your version. We have no proof that he punched her to defend himself. She says he hit first. Video starts not from the very begining of the fight. We don't know how it started. But there is a photo of her cheek and x-ray of her ribs (as mentioned in the article) and probably medical examination.

So there are evidences that they both hit each other but no evidences (available for us) to claim that:

(1) she started the fight and 

(2) she was a such threat so counter-punch in her face was reasonable.

That video is not enough to say that she has no marks on face.

12 minutes ago, 1l1 said:

It is your version.

No, it is video proof.

evidences

(1) she started the fight

Typical Ruski сука. I've been around enough Thai people and Slavic women to know who started this. Comrade.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Raugh said:

Typical Ruski сука. I've been around enough Thai people and Slavic women to know who started this.

Bias 😑

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Didn’t watch video just read the ( incomplete) article.Thai Guy should have run off & called cops after first strike and husband should have restrained the crazy cow….she will be surely be Permanently Deported.

Well, it's pretty obvious you didn't look at the video or read much - it's a small viewpoint, up a lot of steps, with only one way in other than a long drop, with her and her boyfriend between him and the steps!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1l1 said:

It is your version. We have no proof that he punched her to defend himself. 

No, it's not 'my version' it's what's on the video!

Maybe it would help if you looked at it and read the article, as what you're saying has no connection with either what's on the video or what she or anyone else said.

Nobody claimed he "punched her to defend himself" or that he ever "counter punched her in the face" whether it was "reasonable" or not!

That's just some bizarre fantasy entirely of your own making.

1 hour ago, 1l1 said:

We don't know how it started

Yes we do - he asked her for the 50 baht entry fee and she refused to pay! She says so, the caretaker says so, and the guy who took the video says so on the video 😂!

1 hour ago, 1l1 said:

That video is not enough to say that she has no marks on face.

Jesus H Christ.

At the time of the video she had "no marks on her face" - not a mark, even a minute after the video started.

Then in the photo she's taken of herself later she's got the red mark of a slap on her face that wasn't there in the video.

How can a video taken at the time be "not enough"???

It's bad enough that people like this woman give all farangs a bad name, but when people like you try to defend and excuse them that just takes it to another level.

• Like 4

this lady is crazy!! from the vid  i saw she needs to be charged and have to pay the thai guy.the woman is nuts!i feel for her hubby as she most likely  unloads on him daily!crap!if i were him i think i would be looking for a new lady!jail her stupid ass and maybe deport!

• Like 2

@Stonker seems you are the same as she is: you are attacking me with argumentum ad hominem. What's next? Insult me and hit with a folded chair? 😄

Maybe it would help if you knew that the video begins with her words "he hit me in the head". So the video starts after it. 

Edited by 1l1

hard to defend this woman - she appears to be hurling bits of furniture about.

In 25 years of experience of Thailand, I've seem incidents time and again of visitors making total fools of themselves. 

Thai customer service is not the best in the world, but some of the people the Thais have to deal with are clearly some of the most stupid.

How on earth did this incident tart? Apparently she refused to pay!?!?! What kind of logic brought that about?

Anyhow she has now made a viral fool of herself.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Male striking a female, a huge no no in civilized cultures, when she had no weapon ……yet all these pathetic “likes”  for the idiot caretaker…..husband should have smothered her at once and pulled her away ….and paid caretaker 100 baht for the trouble……

woman needs psych. eval……

Look at the video, she had a weapon which she threw at him, a big chunk of wood, she is violent and should expect violence back. 

Mental illness comes to mind on part of the woman, I think the Russian should do a runner as fast as possible away from her.

She was on private land and the fee was clearly displayed, what happens when she goes to a restaurant, does she also hit the waiter when he gives her the bill?

• Like 3

If he hit my gf then that chair would not have been thrown and he would be able to sit down anywhere  in comfort   ya feel me 🤯

15 minutes ago, tuktuk50000 said:

If he hit my gf then that chair would not have been thrown and he would be able to sit down anywhere  in comfort   ya feel me 🤯

Well, that's probably because you have great respect for furniture, being a building expert & all that.

😁

26 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

I'll gladly pay 50Baht to watch this live instead of the attraction🤣

If you notice a Thai girl in the audience near the chairs was having a good old laugh at it. 🤣