News Forum - Tourist says man assaulted her after she refused to pay 50 baht for Koh Samui viewpoint

Thaiger

What a delightfully calm and thoughtful demeanor...

The video doesn't show what lead up to this humiliating scene, but I wouldn't be surprised if it started at being an ill-mannered, spoiled brat who then grew up to become an immature, self-righteous woman.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Needs a new better sign saying Private Property and pay before entering: Admission 50 baht

Cannot see the video as my system blocks it, but they should have enough sense to know better before it jumped into a hassle provocation. Bet here attitude either keeps her husband or partner very happy during boom boom times and wanting to drink the other.

The sign should be in Russian language, too, because many Russians cannot speak or read english. And if it is with entry fee they need a barrier. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Cannot see the video as my system blocks it, but they should have enough sense to know better before it jumped into a hassle provocation.

Honestly, @HolyCowCm, you need to see it. The Thai caretaker is quiet even after she punches him twice and pushes him, screaming and yelling, and he only defends himself when she hits him with a folding chair!

Which she then throws at him despite her "injuries"!

... and still some here, despite the crystal clear video of what happened, are defending her and calling Thais  "retarded idiots" - next we'll be 'apologists' for daring to say that she did anything wrong!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Stardust said:

The sign should be in Russian language, too, because many Russians cannot speak or read english. And if it is with entry fee they need a barrier. 

Yes, it's all the Thais' fault - maybe they need a sign in Russian saying 'please do not hit our staff with folding chairs' too, as otherwise that's acceptable 😂!

• Like 3

She is definitely the Dom and her boyfriend the slave in that relationship. She likes being the slapper and the aggressor so definitely into S&M

No doubt she is very volatile and violent in probably most relationships. 

"Danger... Danger.... Stay away" is what she should have tattooed on her forehead.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

It`s obvious that woman was the aggressor.

She deserved all that she got, another quality tourist and shows how not to behave in Thailand.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Yes, it's all the Thais' fault - maybe they need a sign in Russian saying 'please do not hit our staff with folding chairs' too, as otherwise that's acceptable 😂!

This shows your intelectual level as we could experinced before. To expect that all tourists are able to speak english or Thai is not intelligent and I say that compare to you Thai is a native language. And also should have a barrier. But Einstein said about infinity of the Universe and stupidity he is not sure about at the 2nd one.

Typical russian behaviour. You can go in each destination and ask locals about the origin of the worst tourist. I bet in 90% they would answer Russia. Russian probably think because of having money it allows you to overrule local regulation.  

Edited by TomSabai
  • Like 5

I watched the video again, and the boyfriend also assaults the Thai staff, poking him in the chest at the 55 second point!

No wonder the guy taking the video says he's going to take it to the police.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stardust said:

This shows your intelectual level as we could experinced before. To expect that all tourists are able to speak english or Thai is not intelligent and I say that compare to you Thai is a native language. And also should have a barrier. But Einstein said about infinity of the Universe and stupidity he is not sure about at the 2nd one.

Normally I'd say 'unbelievable', but from you it's not.

As a tourist you don't need to speak English or Thai here, although obviously it helps, nor do you even if you're married to a Thai since you evidently barely speak either, but most people can understand when a sign says 50 baht and, as the guy taking the video says, she'd been told "fifty baht" in English!

As for needing a barrier ..... God Almighty 😂!

How anyone can defend this sort of behaviour and claim that the Thais did anything wrong or should have been more accommodating is just beyond me, but sadly for the rest of us it's becoming clearer every day why an increasing number of Thais have had enough of "dirty farangs" and why we're all getting tarred with the same brush.

it's not just those like this ghastly Russian woman who are making us all look bad as "farang", but those who support them whether it's here or anywhere else.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Normally I'd say 'unbelievable', but from you it's not.

As a tourist you don't need to speak English or Thai here, although obviously it helps, nor do you even if you're married to a Thai since you evidently barely speak either, but most people can understand when a sign says 50 baht!

As for needing a barrier ..... God Almighty 😂!

How anyone can defend this sort of behaviour and claim that the Thais did anything wrong or should have been more accommodating is just beyond me, but sadly for the rest of us it's becoming clearer every day why an increasing number of Thais have had enough of "dirty farangs" and why we're all getting tarred with the same brush.

it's not just those like this ghastly Russian woman who are making us all look bad as "farang", but those who support them whether it's here or anywhere else.

Don't quote me and waste my time. To understand it also on your level : we have Thai relatives (older generation) they also cannot read or speak english. By the way as I am mixed I am aware of both cultures and not share your views about Farang or Thais.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Honestly, @HolyCowCm, you need to see it. The Thai caretaker is quiet even after she punches him twice and pushes him, screaming and yelling, and he only defends himself when she hits him with a folding chair!

Which she then throws at him despite her "injuries"!

... and still some here, despite the crystal clear video of what happened, are defending her and calling Thais  "retarded idiots" - next we'll be 'apologists' for daring to say that she did anything wrong!

Was able to view it on my phone just now. Not really full clarity for how it started and how it escalated, but she was definetely a hot tamale and in my opinion out of line and should have walked away.

• Like 2

Russian ? no wonder- a violent rude people who think they can behave like they want  no onel ike them  its the most discusting way to behave anywhere   - 50 baht ? maybe she should have payed  -    russians speaks russian and nothing else - and the stands and screaming in russian in the face of other people.    ?  they are troublemakers anywhere they are .  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Was able to view it on my phone just now. Not really full clarity for how it started and how it escalated, but she was definetely a hot tamale and in my opinion out of line and should have walked away.

Its the russians who are retarded idiots  ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomSabai said:

Typical russian behaviour. You can go in each destination and ask locals about the origin of the worst tourist. I bet in 90% they would answer Russia. Russian probably think because of having money it allows you to overrule local regulation.  

They dont havem oney but they are   like that !   all HATE them just lok into europe how they treaten their neighbours  - is a country with people we dont ned they are so full of hate agaisnt others brainwashed from small to hate all othwers and cause you are russian you can do what you want  -- 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chatogaster said:

What a delightfully calm and thoughtful demeanor...

The video doesn't show what lead up to this humiliating scene, but I wouldn't be surprised if it started at being an ill-mannered, spoiled brat who then grew up to become an immature, self-righteous woman.

Russians has no manners and they LIKE to be like that - 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Stardust said:

To understand it also on your level : we have Thai relatives (older generation) they also cannot read or speak english.

I'm not sure what part of "As a tourist you don't need to speak English or Thai here, although obviously it helps" wasn't clear - the sign apparently clearly says "50 baht", the caretaker was clearly heard to tell them "fifty baht" in English as the guy taking the video says so, but you're still excusing their behaviour!

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

By the way as I am mixed I am aware of both cultures and not share your views about Farang or Thais.

I think that's pretty clear 😂!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bifrost said:

Russian ? no wonder- a violent rude people who think they can behave like they want  no onel ike them  its the most discusting way to behave anywhere   - 50 baht ? maybe she should have payed  -    russians speaks russian and nothing else - and the stands and screaming in russian in the face of other people.    ?  they are troublemakers anywhere they are .  

Even the boyfriend, who's coming for praise for keeping a cool head, shouted at the Thai caretaker and prodded him in the chest.

Sadly, many Thais don't see them just as "Russians" but as farangs so we all end up suffering because of them.  It's sad, seriously sad, but it's no wonder that some people here are saying that the Thai welcome and attitude to farangs / Westerners has changed in the last few years.  I haven't seen that as where I am there aren't really any other farangs locally for anyone to have an attitude to, but seeing this I can understand why - even more so seeing some of the comments here excusing her and blaming the Thai caretaker who behaved with remarkable restraint.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, perceblue said:

It`s obvious that woman was the aggressor.

She deserved all that she got, another quality tourist and shows how not to behave in Thailand.

Couldn't agree more, @perceblueand your debut post, too . . . welcome to Thaiger Talk!

20 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sadly, many Thais don't see them just as "Russians" but as farangs so we all end up suffering because of them.  It's sad, seriously sad, but it's no wonder that some people here are saying that the Thai welcome and attitude to farangs / Westerners has changed in the last few years.

Yeah it doesn't help us ole whitey foreinger expats, but at least the Chinese are in their own different boat thank god. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bifrost said:

Its the russians who are retarded idiots  ! 

Yeah but I bet you would love to snuggle up to her on a warm conducive love night. Lot of fire in that beast.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

The sign in Russian should be "Russian not welcome"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spooner said:

How did this woman have the bare faced cheek (pun intended) to complain.

she was clearly the aggressor and caused the poor man to defend himself and he showed great restraint.

I also must say the woman’s husband needs praise for staying calm throughout his wife’s attempt to assault the poor man.

I feel a couple of days in a cell and forced to leave Thailand will sober her up and teach her a lesson in calmness and respect (she is clearly not a Buddhist.

Right on the spot... tourist like that give long stayers a bad name and over 50 baht a cheap Charlie foreigner...

• Like 3