News Forum - Talk of Test & Go cutoff date, approved travellers can’t reschedule flights

Thaiger

4 hours ago, Joeweb said:

Once again they screwed me out of money. I will lose $700 on airfare and hotel fees and charges just because they want to put a cutoff date on the test and go.  Last year I did the phuket sandbox and lost money as well because of thier constant changing of the rules.  Well $%#@ you mr prime Minister im done with your bait and switch thai tourism

What is the idiom , screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me?

Best to wait another 3 months Joe ,for another try

Good luck

• Like 2

I have book a ticket and hotel in Thailand.  This booking happend in de periode of test and go program. Lucky I can cancel all my flight and hotel. But for me next time I wil think twice before do a booking to visiting Thailand. I felt sorry for those who can not cancel your flight and hotel on time before cutoff date.

Test and go program is for a lots of people who don't have many days to take a holiday is quite a good program for them. Only 6 weeks and there stop this programe for future notice. For me 7 days quaratine is not an option. 

I think many people thinking the same as me. Many people cancel all the flight and hotel in Thailand.  This will effect tourism in Thailand. Many hotel owner is unhappy with this situations. Many cost and more people are suffer of this action.

Thai goverment try to stop Omicron and protect Thai people. But the tourism industry in Thailand are broking. What will happend after the end of Januari? Nobody's know!! Thai goverment will postpone test and go program again?

My advise is waiting and do not booking any hotel and flight to Thailand. Looking for a country with stable situations and decisive government.

• Like 2

Didn't hear anything about cut off date proposals or similar. If I heard correctly, he only talked about the continuation of suspension of the Test & Program which already happened two weeks ago. So maybe they really are deliberating about canceling the approved T&P passes..

And right now, one more week, the people who come are not dangerous, you are welcome!, but on one other day the same people, on the same terms, are not welcome, because ... what? Those people who received their Pass received them allowed days in advance, when it was allowed by an electronic system. In one day you are suddenly hideous and dangerous, unlike the night before. I cannot understand what we can be punished for. Which we didn't do? Which we didn't pay for? Why we have to fight for a refund, or pay another bag of money for an unplanned quarantine?

19 hours ago, rockitos said:

I was planning to visit Thailand on 25 January. Now all the money lost, the SHA Hotel is not refundable, the insurence no, i maybe change the airplaine ticket, but when to change if can not be trusted the Thai Goverment .

My question is other. I was asking, maybe is possible to start a trial against Thai Goverment for canceling Thai Pass without reason, and like that we can recover our money back.

If you can prove the 'good reason' part. Good luck.

1 minute ago, Ringla said:

And right now, one more week, the people who come are not dangerous, you are welcome!, but on one other day the same people, on the same terms, are not welcome, because ... what? Those people who received their Pass received them allowed days in advance, when it was allowed by an electronic system. In one day you are suddenly hideous and dangerous, unlike the night before. I cannot understand what we can be punished for. Which we didn't do? Which we didn't pay for? Why we have to fight for a refund, or pay another bag of money for an unplanned quarantine?

Those that got in before the cit off were lucky. Those that didn't were not. It's nothing to do with punishment just timing. 

The bag of money would need to be spent if you went to some other place in Thailand so no use whining about it.

What's  hideous and dangerous is your lack of understand that you are only a guest and the people of Thailand are the ones who count. With your attitude it's best you find somewhere else to grace your appearance. 

• Like 1

Just now, Poolie said:

If you can prove the 'good reason' part. Good luck.

You'd be better off suing if they neglected the population to please you. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Those that got in before the cit off were lucky. Those that didn't were not. It's nothing to do with punishment just timing. 

The bag of money would need to be spent if you went to some other place in Thailand so no use whining about it.

What's  hideous and dangerous is your lack of understand that you are only a guest and the people of Thailand are the ones who count. With your attitude it's best you find somewhere else to grace your appearance. 

Do not need to draw premature conclusions. I love Thailand and its people, so I did everything in my power to get there. I followed safety measures in my home and plan to observe them on my trip as well. I only do what is legal and allowed, I follow it closely. I think that laws and regulations should not contain the concepts of 'luck' and 'unluck'. Perhaps there is a lack of explanation in the news as to why it will be exactly that and not different. If there were these explanations, we would know timely what to do and you wouldn't be touched by our panic. Sorry about that.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I’m planning on entering the Phuket sandbox scheme on Feb 25, however I have just tested positive for covid. I will be fully recovered by Feb 25 but my pre arrival Rt PCR test will come back positive. What happens when I get to Phuket with a positive result?

Also, my first and second test in Phuket will also be positive, what do I do then

20 hours ago, Thommo said:

Try getting into to my country(Australia) as a foriegner and see how you go, or even more difficult that small piece of dirt across the ditch, extremely difficlut to get into NZ at this time. I leave bkk on Monday and will come back in Feb via the sandbox, its not so difficult and a fairly straight forward process I think, would I prefer the T&G process, of course. I can not agree with your comment "the whole country is closed"

I said all but closed. It’s hardly fully open 

18 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Oh come on, dramatic much????

Anyone can literally go to Phuket for 7 days if they really need to go to Thailand for family or business matters 

For less than 10k baht for a nice hotel

They can do it for cheaper if budget is an issue 

That's exactly what my wife is doing, with absolutely zero whining like on here 

We had flights booked for Jan 20th

Oh well, now onto Phuket 

People on here just want to whine and moan 

What business traveler can justify a one or two day meeting but do 7 days quarantine first. That’s a crazy situation and you are thinking like a tourist. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 3:30 PM, france said:

There will be confusion at the airport because how about for those who have received the Thailand pass since November 8 for the Test & Go, it wont be valid ! We are fully vaccinated, have booked the SHA plus hotel according to the requirements and have paid upfront for the extra PCR test 2x which is 4,200 baht per person, so you wont accept it? this is just going to be chaos of confusion. what can we do now... isn't the PCR test free? please help me verify this....please...

"Travellers who have already received a Thailand Pass QR code (approximately 200,000 applicants) will be allowed to enter Thailand under the existing conditions of the scheme they have registered. However, the government will introduce new measures for contact tracing and will ensure all travellers be tested 2 times using the RT-PCR method. The second testing will take place at government-designated facilities (no additional cost)."

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-pass-temporarily-suspended-those-received-qr-code-can-enter/

6 hours ago, Rmalik9 said:

Hello,

I’m planning on entering the Phuket sandbox scheme on Feb 25, however I have just tested positive for covid. I will be fully recovered by Feb 25 but my pre arrival Rt PCR test will come back positive. What happens when I get to Phuket with a positive result?

Also, my first and second test in Phuket will also be positive, what do I do then

Everything I read from TAT and from the Embassy websites clearly state you need a "not detected" in other words a negative PCR Test before you will be able to board the plane. You have some time, So keep testing until you start to come up negative on the test, then you can apply to come to Thailand. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, Big_Lebrewski said:

Hey, I am a bit confused. Am fully vaxxed from Australia. Saw online a list of the required ‘AQ’ hotels thats offer  7, 10 and 14  day quarantine. What’s the difference between that and a SHA+ Hotel?? Or are they the same thing??

The SHA+ is when 70% or more of its staff are fully vaccinated. 'AQ' hotels (aka - Acquired quarantine includes bigger packages like your 3 meals a day, free WiFi, and private car transfer from certain airports. 

[ https://thaiest.com/blog/list-of-alternative-state-quarantine-asq-hotels-thailand#:~:text=Despite of renaming%2C Alternative Quarantine,Mueang Airport or Suvarnabhumi Airport.

[ https://thaiest.com/hotels#:~:text=Blue%20Zone%20Sandbox%20scheme%20requires,Plus%20hotels%20for%207%20nights.&text=Alternative%20Quarantine%20(AQ)%20hotels%20can,to%20quarantine%20for%207%20nights. ] 

15 hours ago, riclag said:

What is the idiom , screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me?

Best to wait another 3 months Joe ,for another try

Good luck

The learning curve in some resembles more of a corner. 

Personally, I would've waited until they have truly gotten it all straightened out. 

Told ya so, was the call from wiser folks months ago. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Rmalik9 said:

Hello,

I found it... bottom of the section titled Documents - General Info

The question will be how to explain this to your first flight boarding.

** If the applicant’s RT-PCR test result is positive, they must present a COVID-19 recovery form certifying that the applicant has recovered from COVID-19 within 3 months before their travel.

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Soidog said:

What about returning husbands and wives. Returning Business people wanting to keep investments running in Thailand. New business people looking to invest in Thailand. People who need to leave to visit dying relatives back in their home country who can’t leave because they can’t return. This isn’t just tourists looking for sunshine who are affected. The whole country is all but closed and that affect everyone. 

What about them?

Do you see many Thais complaining about it?

Or don't they get a say?

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

What business traveler can justify a one or two day meeting but do 7 days quarantine first. That’s a crazy situation and you are thinking like a tourist. 

What business traveller hasn't heard of Zoom?

12 hours ago, Ringla said:

Why we have to fight for a refund, or pay another bag of money for an unplanned quarantine?

Because you booked a non-refundable flight and / or hotel as they were the cheapest option, even though it's been obvious for the last two years that things could change anywhere anytime as a result of changes with Covid.

• Like 1

The Test and go program was canceled on 22 dec.

You could apply to this program 30 days before departure.

Cant they deal with the people that applied  to come untill 22 january? Because after that there would be no applicants. How many can they be? We loose all bookings, must remake insurances, cancel or change flights . And we did all those spendings this based on official announcements that now they want to change.

• Like 2

I was booked the airplaint ticket from one airlines, due reservation web site. Even if i booked with Flexibility option (only flexibility option avaibled): 100 and something euro more, almost half of money will get lost if i cancel the ticket. Also, i will not get refound on my card, I will get a voucher. I have the option to change, but only same destination, and i see is free of charge. 

If was remember good, the condition for thai pass, was a night at SHA plus hotel, transport from aeroport, and PCR test, pay before applying.

Check on booking, mostly of the hotel not offering refund. What i book, complete packet, close to aeroport, not getting refund. They say that already book PCR test, and arange pick - up, and also need to pay, (perfectly logical for me) they say that can moved the booking to other date, but how can be sure when, and if test and go program restart :(

I don’t exactly everyone situation, but i think all from us face some of that situation.

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

Not sure how yu would define "closed". In nov/dec/jan I have traveled by air or car or motorbike from bkk  and return to  hua hin, chiang mai (riding around the nth) phuket for diving then a few days in phuket, kanchanaburi / hellfire pass.  Fully open no I would agree but far from closed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

Actually, it is.

Most of upcountry and outer regions are relatively free from the made up restrictions of BKK Metro and cherished Farang Ghetto type locales. Been of this nature for quite a while.

You would know this if you lived here instead speculating from afar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, srosato said:

That's why in pandemic it's best to only book places that are refundable. I'm set to leave from Canada on January 11th and arrive on the 13th in Bangkok to see loved ones. But I took flexible flight tickets and any domestic travel there is booked with full refund.

I created a full Trello board to keep up with all this mess in order to reduce anxiety.

Let's hope they don't go that drastic in that short amount of time! It's kinda frustrating to have to follow media posts, it kind of helps them feed their goal of having the most views on what they write 😂.

I do think we are fortunate in North America where airlines are offering refundable tickets or credits if you cancel at the normal ticket prices

I don't think our friends in Europe and other  places are as lucky 

From talking to people it seems their airlines aren't being as flexible.. 

I currently have credits on pretty much every North American airline   😀

52 minutes ago, rockitos said:

I was booked the airplaint ticket from one airlines, due reservation web site. Even if i booked with Flexibility option (only flexibility option avaibled): 100 and something euro more, almost half of money will get lost if i cancel the ticket. Also, i will not get refound on my card, I will get a voucher. I have the option to change, but only same destination, and i see is free of charge. 

If was remember good, the condition for thai pass, was a night at SHA plus hotel, transport from aeroport, and PCR test, pay before applying.

Check on booking, mostly of the hotel not offering refund. What i book, complete packet, close to aeroport, not getting refund. They say that already book PCR test, and arange pick - up, and also need to pay, (perfectly logical for me) they say that can moved the booking to other date, but how can be sure when, and if test and go program restart :(

I don’t exactly everyone situation, but i think all from us face some of that situation.

I would keep fighting with the hotel that you aren't allowed to enter the country 

They are full of shit about the PCR test and airport transfer

They can be canceled I would bet

• Like 1