News Forum - Talk of Test & Go cutoff date, approved travellers can’t reschedule flights

Thaiger

57 minutes ago, Bawheid said:

As an aside, does anyone know for absolute certainty whether or not you MUST book ONE Phuket hotel for the entire 7 day initial stay? Or can it be more than one SHA+ hotel, thus giving some variety? Thanks

I'm wondering the same thing. That would be nice to change rooms and sleep at different spots while staying in Phuket.

Edited by Rimla
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rimla said:

I'm wondering the same thing. That would be nice to change rooms and sleep at different spots while staying in Phuket.

That's actually a really good question. Also does one need to re-apply for the Phuket Sandbox pass if one has a Test&Go approved pass? Or is it enough just to book another SHA+ hotel and a PCR test (or continuation of the original hotel reservation up to 7 days) and show those documents along with the original 1-2 nights stay incl. the 1st PCR test on arrival.. meaning without applying again for the Phuket Sandbox?

1 hour ago, Bawheid said:

That's what travel insurance is for. And given you have to have insurance for the Thai Pass......why not just contact them? But hey, if you prefer to engage a lawyer to make a claim against the Thai Government, it'll give us all some free entertainment.

Bawheid, thank you for your answer. Can you be kindly and explian, what you say about travel insurence. I have from Axa Thailand, i read before, write only about medical care, airplane delay, or baggage lost. Today read again, i don’t found anything about canceling due, not entering alow.

I contacted the embassy in Canada this morning to ask what was going on and they replied they know nothing other than what they read in the Bangkok Post just like the rest of us . They asked me to send them an email and they will take it to a higher source as I'm supposed to leave for Bangkok on January 10 but because of time difference I do not arrive until the 11th at 11:55 pm . 

I called my hotels and some say no refund and the SHA+ hotel I booked is not approved to for 7 day quarantine and said I would not get a refund and would have to book another hotel for the 7 days which means I lose my first weeks stay in Sumai which was pricy and also lose my flights to Sumai no refunds .Then what about the Thai Pass ... if I can't stay at the said hotel that was approved then what ?

What upsets me is I had the chance to cancel up until Dec 28th but on the 23rd the gov't released the new rules with no mention of a Jan 10th deadline so I allowed the charges to proceed and now we hear the same BS again about this Jan 10th deadline which was dismissed and not brought forward on Dec 22cd .

This same minister is again attempting to bring in this January 10th deadline and there is so much misinformation about this deadline that not even the consulates know whats going on and they also mentioned it was very frustrating to them as well 

We are made to buy medical insurance , special hotels and more just to get the pass approval and then you say " no I changed my mind " and all these businesses say no refund 

How can you give the go ahead on Dec 23rd and then turn around and change your mind after a lot of travellers proceeded based on the Dec 23rd new rules ?

Omicron is not going to stop at all even if they lockdown .... this is why other countries opened back up after a few days realizing it wasn't going to change anything .... this is completely ridiculous and spews panic on the ministers part . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rockitos said:

I was planning to visit Thailand on 25 January. Now all the money lost, the SHA Hotel is not refundable, the insurence no, i maybe change the airplaine ticket, but when to change if can not be trusted the Thai Goverment .

My question is other. I was asking, maybe is possible to start a trial against Thai Goverment for canceling Thai Pass without reason, and like that we can recover our money back.

AXA says you can cancel the insurance premium before it kicks in if visa denied, which I think this would apply

Have you talked to either the hotel or insurance about being refunded? What did they say?

The Insured will not be entitled to premium refund if the cancellation was done after the issuance of Insurance Policy unless the Insured receives VISA rejection from the embassy. The evidence for VISA rejection from the embassy is required and the Insured must notify the company prior to the effective date of the Insurance Policy. 

- Cancellation request must be made to AXA before the start date of the policy.

22 minutes ago, rockitos said:

Bawheid, thank you for your answer. Can you be kindly and explian, what you say about travel insurence. I have from Axa Thailand, i read before, write only about medical care, airplane delay, or baggage lost. Today read again, i don’t found anything about canceling due, not entering alow.

I just posted this

AXA says you can cancel and get your premium paid refunded, but did you speak to hotel and insurance yourself?

The Insured will not be entitled to premium refund if the cancellation was done after the issuance of Insurance Policy unless the Insured receives VISA rejection from the embassy. The evidence for VISA rejection from the embassy is required and the Insured must notify the company prior to the effective date of the Insurance Policy. 

- Cancellation request must be made to AXA before the start date of the policy.

19 minutes ago, Canadianonthego said:

I contacted the embassy in Canada this morning to ask what was going on and they replied they know nothing other than what they read in the Bangkok Post just like the rest of us . They asked me to send them an email and they will take it to a higher source as I'm supposed to leave for Bangkok on January 10 but because of time difference I do not arrive until the 11th at 11:55 pm . 

I called my hotels and some say no refund and the SHA+ hotel I booked is not approved to for 7 day quarantine and said I would not get a refund and would have to book another hotel for the 7 days which means I lose my first weeks stay in Sumai which was pricy and also lose my flights to Sumai no refunds .Then what about the Thai Pass ... if I can't stay at the said hotel that was approved then what ?

What upsets me is I had the chance to cancel up until Dec 28th but on the 23rd the gov't released the new rules with no mention of a Jan 10th deadline so I allowed the charges to proceed and now we hear the same BS again about this Jan 10th deadline which was dismissed and not brought forward on Dec 22cd .

This same minister is again attempting to bring in this January 10th deadline and there is so much misinformation about this deadline that not even the consulates know whats going on and they also mentioned it was very frustrating to them as well 

We are made to buy medical insurance , special hotels and more just to get the pass approval and then you say " no I changed my mind " and all these businesses say no refund 

How can you give the go ahead on Dec 23rd and then turn around and change your mind after a lot of travellers proceeded based on the Dec 23rd new rules ?

Omicron is not going to stop at all even if they lockdown .... this is why other countries opened back up after a few days realizing it wasn't going to change anything .... this is completely ridiculous and spews panic on the ministers part . 

1st off it's shitty for any hotel in Thailand to not refund someone if the program was cancelled....

But I am confused, did you book 1 night T&G or a 7 night sandbox?

28 minutes ago, Canadianonthego said:

On the same boat arriving on the 15th. Just hold off for announcement this week.  They might not even mention anything about the jan 10 cut off and that would mean it wouldnt apply. I too am extremely stressed out about my itinerary having to be done with....

6 minutes ago, gundam0315 said:

On the same boat arriving on the 15th. Just hold off for announcement this week.  They might not even mention anything about the jan 10 cut off and that would mean it wouldnt apply. I too am extremely stressed out about my itinerary having to be done with....

I believe it was announced today, no?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2241983/suspension-of-test-go-continues-amid-omicron-spike

Government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said on Tuesday air travellers who had successfully applied for Test & Go can enter the country by next Monday.(that's the 10th)

"In the interests of health and safety, we have decided to delay the Test & Go scheme further. We will present the proposal for approval by the CCSA," Mr Anutin said.

As for Test & Go travellers whose applications for entry were previously approved, they must now enter Thailand by Jan 10 under revised measures for travel, he said.

After the Jan 10 deadline, visitors must only enter under the Phuket Sandbox scheme or be quarantined, he said.

Bawheid, was thinking that the travel insurance will cover the lost money, when our Thai Pass is canceled. I don’t think something like that happen. I will tryto ask AXA. My SHA plus already say that the is will not be refund, and is not their fault (sadly, they are right). 

AXA insurance, i think can be refund. I have also a non refund reservation from booking, and double what i will do with my airplane ticket.

I work from a multinational company, how have office in Thailand also. I ask them, to put my in contact with a lawyer. Maybe a can make a trial against Thai Goverment :)

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I believe it was announced today, no?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2241983/suspension-of-test-go-continues-amid-omicron-spike

Government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said on Tuesday air travellers who had successfully applied for Test & Go can enter the country by next Monday.(that's the 10th)

"In the interests of health and safety, we have decided to delay the Test & Go scheme further. We will present the proposal for approval by the CCSA," Mr Anutin said.

As for Test & Go travellers whose applications for entry were previously approved, they must now enter Thailand by Jan 10 under revised measures for travel, he said.

After the Jan 10 deadline, visitors must only enter under the Phuket Sandbox scheme or be quarantined, he said.

there is no official announcement yet as it's being discussed, and needs to be stamped in the royal gazette, there might still be a little hope but we will see.....

There will be confusion at the airport because how about for those who have received the Thailand pass since November 8 for the Test & Go, it wont be valid ! We are fully vaccinated, have booked the SHA plus hotel according to the requirements and have paid upfront for the extra PCR test 2x which is 4,200 baht per person, so you wont accept it? this is just going to be chaos of confusion. what can we do now... isn't the PCR test free? please help me verify this....please...

20 minutes ago, france said:

There will be confusion at the airport because how about for those who have received the Thailand pass since November 8 for the Test & Go, it wont be valid ! We are fully vaccinated, have booked the SHA plus hotel according to the requirements and have paid upfront for the extra PCR test 2x which is 4,200 baht per person, so you wont accept it? this is just going to be chaos of confusion. what can we do now... isn't the PCR test free? please help me verify this....please...

what is your arrival date?   if it's after january 10, please wait for an official announcement and confirmation this week.  The january 10 cut off is confusing everyone.  some outlets say yes, some say it's not confirmed or stamped in royal gazette yet which means it's a no (for now).

I personally think cutting off the Test&Go is a complete over reaction.

For those of us who have had to jump thru all the hoops to get the Thai Pass it's a complete slap in the face, certainly won't be enticing other expats to return to Thailand.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LoongFred said:

That’s your view, but I’m not negative on Thailand. They are simply doing what keep people as safe as possible. They need to keep the welfare of all Thais first. Tourists should not expect special treatment. 

What about returning husbands and wives. Returning Business people wanting to keep investments running in Thailand. New business people looking to invest in Thailand. People who need to leave to visit dying relatives back in their home country who can’t leave because they can’t return. This isn’t just tourists looking for sunshine who are affected. The whole country is all but closed and that affect everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

1st off it's shitty for any hotel in Thailand to not refund someone if the program was cancelled....

But I am confused, did you book 1 night T&G or a 7 night sandbox?

I was booked as T & G 1 night ..... but I've now changed my flight to arrive Jan 09 at 11:35 pm so I will make it in before the 10th under the Thai government  72 hour arrival change allowed on the Thai Pass without notification 

Edited by Canadianonthego

14 hours ago, Nipral said:

Yet another scam from this  military sort-of-government  ! Anyone surprised ?

Please explain how this is a scam in your opinion, maybe an over reaction but Scam!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, harry1 said:

with only 3000 cases a day being reported,why the lockdown ? ask your local thai embassy for info ? they also have no idea what going on,l do sympathy  for the tourist, who have loss a lot of money,myself always use a barclaycard,they have the power to obtain a refund ,otherwise they will be red listed these rogues 

What lockdown?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Soidog said:

What about returning husbands and wives. Returning Business people wanting to keep investments running in Thailand. New business people looking to invest in Thailand. People who need to leave to visit dying relatives back in their home country who can’t leave because they can’t return. This isn’t just tourists looking for sunshine who are affected. The whole country is all but closed and that affect everyone. 

Try getting into to my country(Australia) as a foriegner and see how you go, or even more difficult that small piece of dirt across the ditch, extremely difficlut to get into NZ at this time. I leave bkk on Monday and will come back in Feb via the sandbox, its not so difficult and a fairly straight forward process I think, would I prefer the T&G process, of course. I can not agree with your comment "the whole country is closed"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Many of us were in similar situations but don't go home because of the uncertainty.  We felt it was better to wait it out in Thailand, as it was pretty safe where we live and their is excellent medical care available. Living overseas is always a challenge but I won't think about going home until things get better. 

We have friends coming in late January and February but they fully expect to spend time in quarantine.  However, if things change they would be happy. 

I assume you went home after covid struck, so you should be fully aware of travel risks. Hope you stay safe.

The weather now in the north is super pleasant,  about 22-24C in the morning and may reach 30C in late afternoon. Except for some morning fog, the sun always shines.

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Oh come on, dramatic much????

Anyone can literally go to Phuket for 7 days if they really need to go to Thailand for family or business matters 

For less than 10k baht for a nice hotel

They can do it for cheaper if budget is an issue 

That's exactly what my wife is doing, with absolutely zero whining like on here 

We had flights booked for Jan 20th

Oh well, now onto Phuket 

People on here just want to whine and moan 

• Like 2

Once again they screwed me out of money. I will lose $700 on airfare and hotel fees and charges just because they want to put a cutoff date on the test and go.  Last year I did the phuket sandbox and lost money as well because of thier constant changing of the rules.  Well $%#@ you mr prime Minister im done with your bait and switch thai tourism

That's why in pandemic it's best to only book places that are refundable. I'm set to leave from Canada on January 11th and arrive on the 13th in Bangkok to see loved ones. But I took flexible flight tickets and any domestic travel there is booked with full refund.

I created a full Trello board to keep up with all this mess in order to reduce anxiety.

Let's hope they don't go that drastic in that short amount of time! It's kinda frustrating to have to follow media posts, it kind of helps them feed their goal of having the most views on what they write 😂.

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, srosato said:

That's why in pandemic it's best to only book places that are refundable. I'm set to leave from Canada on January 11th and arrive on the 13th in Bangkok to see loved ones. But I took flexible flight tickets and any domestic travel there is booked with full refund.

I created a full Trello board to keep up with all this mess in order to reduce anxiety.

Let's hope they don't go that drastic in that short amount of time! It's kinda frustrating to have to follow media posts, it kind of helps them feed their goal of having the most views on what they write 😂.

Sorry, but ýour plan with refundable reservation was spot on. Too bad others didn't do the same.

T n G is dead for now and I think it was a mistake to raise tourist expectations. 

7 hours ago, Canadianonthego said:

I was booked as T & G 1 night ..... but I've now changed my flight to arrive Jan 09 at 11:35 pm so I will make it in before the 10th under the Thai government  72 hour arrival change allowed on the Thai Pass without notification 

Hey ,When you finally go through the system ( start and finish)  ,airport to airport, immigration, hotel  ! Please give a report! Much appreciated!