News Forum - Talk of Test & Go cutoff date, approved travellers can’t reschedule flights

Thaiger

57 minutes ago, Odiee said:

We're arriving on Jan 10th with Test&Go approved Thailand Passes. Are we able to enter with the original scheme of taking a pcr test on arrival, waiting for the result in the booked hotel and then another PCR on 5th or 6th day?

You should be OK.
Those who applied before Dec 22nd and received their TP are allowed to enter under the scheme they applied for according to TAT and the MFA.
https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

2120960283_MFAThaiPassnewrules..thumb.jpg.76c60471a706e1afc760de2647f88088.jpg

It was a junior Health Minister who originally suggested a cut of date of Jan 10th in a news briefing, but subsequent information by TAT and the MFA made no such reference.
The meeting called today by Anutin is no more than a 'face' saving exercise for one of his junior staff, which could have a massive impact on those with plans already made and in place prior to Dec 22nd to enter Thailand.

• Thanks 3

The situation can change on a day to day basis and why I am remaining firmly in Chiang Mai and not going to long distance travel anywhere.

Yep, I`m sick of it and guess everyone is sick of it.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Big_Lebrewski said:

Hey, I am a bit confused. Am fully vaxxed from Australia. Saw online a list of the required ‘AQ’ hotels thats offer  7, 10 and 14  day quarantine. What’s the difference between that and a SHA+ Hotel?? Or are they the same thing??

Entering-Thailand-3-types-of-countries-1.thumb.jpg.206ad7b2cffb24708629370b5c2a188d.jpg

Green entry - test and go is currently suspended.
Blue and red entry - restricted to Phuket and dependant on vaccination status.

With an SHA+ booking after the first negative PCR test result your free to leave the hotel and roam freely around Phuket. With AQ your isolated in a hotel room for 10 days.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, perceblue said:

The situation can change on a day to day basis and why I am remaining firmly in Chiang Mai and not going to long distance travel anywhere.

Yep, I`m sick of it and guess everyone is sick of it.

Relax, @perceblue . . . have a beer, same as me 🍻 !  Thing's 'll mend . . . before long 🙂 !

We have an agreed Thaipass for the arrive on 12 th of January.

On the ThaiEmbassy Homepage following Information is published regarding change of flights:

So, it is possible to change our flight to 9th or 10th to arrive without changing thaipass, do i unterstand this right?

Can I change my flight after getting the Thailand Pass QR code?

Yes, but only if the new flight time is within 72 hours of the original flight time registered with Thailand Pass. Your QR code remains valid, i.e. you will not need to apply for a new ‘Thailand Pass QR Code’, provided that all other required documents also remain valid such as your RT-PCR COVID test taken within 72 hours before the flight and the hotel reservation from the AQ or SHA+ Hotel.

1 hour ago, Faz said:

You should be OK.
Those who applied before Dec 22nd and received their TP are allowed to enter under the scheme they applied for according to TAT and the MFA.
https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

It was a junior Health Minister who originally suggested a cut of date of Jan 10th in a news briefing, but subsequent information by TAT and the MFA made no such reference.
The meeting called today by Anutin is no more than a 'face' saving exercise for one of his junior staff, which could have a massive impact on those with plans already made and in place prior to Dec 22nd to enter Thailand.

I am not sure if this is any helpful. I registered the Thai pass and approved before 22nd Dec and arrived in BKK on 24th.

I was in Phuket when I was due to take the second PCR test and I spoke to the hotel I was staying at, they said anyone arriving through T&G were not required to take the second PCR test and only the ones through Sandbox were required. However, people were still required to take the ATK test if they came through T&G and record it on the app...

Then there is the problem, the app was updated few weeks ago which removed the function to scan the QR code on the ATK test. Spoke to my T&G hotel in BKK, they used to be able to upload the results for their guests but they cant do it anymore so they said best to take a photo of the ATK result and keep it just incase anyone asked to see it.

Take my situation with a pinch of salt, I am not sure if anything has changed now. Overall, it was a mess with this second PCR/ATK situation.

• Thanks 1

Our travel companions would be arriving on the 11th of Jan to Phuket. In case the cut off at Jan 10th is final, should they apply for a new Thailand Pass for the Sandbox program? They currently have the approved passes for the Test&go. The pass has been applied with paid 1 pcr test & SHA+ hotel for one night, but that would I guess then need to be changed to 7 nights? And in this case it might render the original info on the test&go pass invalid.

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

No, not at all.

Yeah. Usually not that bad if you go out of your way to avoid the not always consistent Thai bureaucracy. 

Though, these scenarios are different from the vague wishy-washy policies - as they've seemed to change the goal posts every second/third week regarding entry programs, testing, quarantine and all that. The last second back and forth regulations doesn't seem to befitting of what their attempt to accomplish. 

And then leave too many people hanging, that have committed themselves, without honouring the allowance of dates of already previously set. No a good look at all. 

Yet, in defence of the grand Thai rhetorical authoritarian machine, there were official warnings and writs of their intended changes and revisions - of course, some became caught in the middle of this crap. To be expected. 

A wise traveler or commuter would've known that the proverbial Thai hiccup or two was bound to come about - way back when the original reopening plans were in order.....late Nov/early Dec. Regardless of the situations, I would've waited to make any such commitment to travel arrangements [Jan/Feb?] until one was sure that they had a set plan - new and fake panic of current surges or not. 

Hindsight. You know how that is.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DesperateOldHand said:

Yeah. Usually not that bad if you go out of your way to avoid the not always consistent Thai bureaucracy. 

Though, these scenarios are different from the vague wishy-washy policies - as they've seemed to change the goal posts every second/third week regarding entry programs, testing, quarantine and all that. The last second back and forth regulations doesn't seem to befitting of what their attempt to accomplish. 

And then leave too many people hanging, that have committed themselves, without honouring the allowance of dates of already previously set. No a good look at all. 

Yet, in defence of the grand Thai rhetorical authoritarian machine, there were official warnings and writs of their intended changes and revisions - of course, some became caught in the middle of this crap. To be expected. 

A wise traveler or commuter would've known that the proverbial Thai hiccup or two was bound to come about - way back when the original reopening plans were in order.....late Nov/early Dec. Regardless of the situations, I would've waited to make any such commitment to travel arrangements [Jan/Feb?] until one was sure that they had a set plan - new and fake panic of current surges or not. 

Valid points, @DesperateOldHand!  Your first day on TT, too, so here's both a welcome and a wish that we'll be seeing plenty more from you 🤗!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DesperateOldHand said:

An brief amendment to above: Today, this evening, right now - you could go to any Thai Embassy/Consulate site or the number of "official" entry/visa/TP/T&G site[s] and find displayed no official changes, updates or corrections to what their plans are. I can understand the travelers angst and misunderstanding of what's going on, because they don't. Thai clusterfok. 

• Like 1

I consider the unilateral cancellation of the Thailand Pass unreasonable and will seriously damage the reputation and trust of Thailand.  

Please remember that meeting the strict requirements for a Thailand Pass took weeks of planning and investment for travelers.  Undoing this irrevocably damages the trust and love of Thailand.

Frustrations prevail.

Edited by ERIKN
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ERIKN said:

I consider the unilateral cancellation of the Thailand Pass unreasonable and will seriously damage the reputation and trust of Thailand.  

Please remember that meeting the strict requirements for a Thailand Pass took weeks of planning and investment for travelers.  Undoing this irrevocably damages the trust and love of Thailand.

Frustrations prevail.

I think the trust and love left the room a while ago...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Faz said:

You should be OK.

Thanks, Faz - 

So.....what's their plan after the 10th? And get all the TP pending apps sorted?

Are they reverting to the old COE/7-10-14 day quarantine program? Into Jan., Feb. or the foreseeable future? 

Even if the proposal to cut off  entry to those who had already received their "Pass" was a mistake of expression or intent  to have  implemented that would have had so many negatives involved reaching well into diplomatic concerns .

That  access and approval for current attempts to get a "Pass" is understandable  given the resurgent reactivity overall.

There is an element of the farcical that has existed throughout this "pandemic". And that is that there  has been almost iron clad  restrictions on the "ordinary" person  even in attempt to return "home" while Diplomats and other such who have no actual physical need to travel when the internet  can well suit the need for their communications and yet have been known to have carried covid-19 into places . No less so in Thailand where the very well publicized incidents  producing  outbreaks and clusters  due to the assumption that  wealth, position and privilege derived from  over rules  culpability for the extended  social damage  caused! No surprise that  incrementally  the  middle digit is  being presented in response by many in a defiance that  not  necessarily  dismisses the virus but equates risk with the raw elements of  survival !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Graham said:

Looks like anyone arriving after 11th is well and truly shafted, does any of this sound familiar for Thailand ?

That’s your view, but I’m not negative on Thailand. They are simply doing what keep people as safe as possible. They need to keep the welfare of all Thais first. Tourists should not expect special treatment. 

I've done all 3 quarantines, including 2 weeks in BKK twice, for all my trips to Thailand.  Planning on another trip in February.  I laugh at those that say the government is only doing what they need to do to protect the people.  But while that may have been more important with the Delta strain, Omicron is nothing compared to that.  It's actually good in a way because with luck it will mutate into an even milder strain after this.  But to cut people off who have paid substantial amounts of money for airfare, hotels, etc is not the way to foster good relations with the public.  I have seen how they blame COVID on farangs firsthand on the BTS when people move away from me when I sit down, how they will make the effort to walk farther away from me when I pass them walking and many other ways acting like I am infected or carrying the virus.  It's a shame that the government does not give out TRUE numbers of where the infections are coming from since many of the people returning are Thais that are NOT required to test before returning and have easily brought it with them and on the planes they are on.  If they truly wanted to slow the spread then everyone who enters the country should have a negative test before flying or whatever method of entry they choose. 

The Test and Go program is all they need.  Just require that you have to go to a clinic or hospital to do the ATK test so if it turns up positive you can be quarantined and tested further to make sure it is not a false positive.  So simple.  They could assign you a place to do your ATK test close to where you are staying and if you don't show up on that day they come find you and arrest you and send you home.  Period.   I have proposed this a couple times to people who have contact with the authorities but I doubt it has been passed on.

Let's hope some common sense prevails soon and they realize that no matter what they do, it is not going to stop the spread of Omicron. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rain said:

So.....what's their plan after the 10th? And get all the TP pending apps sorted?

That's the million dollar question and many are waiting for this question to be answered.
A further announcement is expected this week.

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Are they reverting to the old COE/7-10-14 day quarantine program? Into Jan., Feb. or the foreseeable future? 

No, the TP application system will remain in place. For those applying for the TP from Dec 22nd entry is now restricted to arrivals in Phuket, either 7 day in an SHA+ if fully vaccinated, or 10 days in an AQ hotel if unvaccinated or from a red listed Country. 

I was planning to visit Thailand on 25 January. Now all the money lost, the SHA Hotel is not refundable, the insurence no, i maybe change the airplaine ticket, but when to change if can not be trusted the Thai Goverment .

My question is other. I was asking, maybe is possible to start a trial against Thai Goverment for canceling Thai Pass without reason, and like that we can recover our money back.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, rockitos said:

I was planning to visit Thailand on 25 January. Now all the money lost, the SHA Hotel is not refundable, the insurence no, i maybe change the airplaine ticket, but when to change if can not be trusted the Thai Goverment .

My question is other. I was asking, maybe is possible to start a trial against Thai Goverment for canceling Thai Pass without reason, and like that we can recover our money back.

I am curious, have you spoken to the hotel about a refund since you aren't allowed to enter the country now?

If so, what did they say?

I just don't see how they can't refund the money if the program was cancelled

7 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Best to plan for the worse and not trying to slip in in the last minute. Normally, I plan trips months ahead but in the ever changing covid environment that's not wise. It's not the government's fault, but a natural disaster they've been forced to deal with. Everyone wants to be safe.

What an rubbish you write?! Incompetence, to have an empty head, no even can manage an noodle shop is not a natural disaster it shows it is managed by clowns. Only clowns advocate clowns.

with only 3000 cases a day being reported,why the lockdown ? ask your local thai embassy for info ? they also have no idea what going on,l do sympathy  for the tourist, who have loss a lot of money,myself always use a barclaycard,they have the power to obtain a refund ,otherwise they will be red listed these rogues 

6 hours ago, Patrick250195 said:

We have an agreed Thaipass for the arrive on 12 th of January.

On the ThaiEmbassy Homepage following Information is published regarding change of flights:

So, it is possible to change our flight to 9th or 10th to arrive without changing thaipass, do i unterstand this right?

Can I change my flight after getting the Thailand Pass QR code?

Yes, but only if the new flight time is within 72 hours of the original flight time registered with Thailand Pass. Your QR code remains valid, i.e. you will not need to apply for a new ‘Thailand Pass QR Code’, provided that all other required documents also remain valid such as your RT-PCR COVID test taken within 72 hours before the flight and the hotel reservation from the AQ or SHA+ Hotel.

We read this too at the website FAQ of the Thai Pass website.

@Tim please please 🙏 more info?

2 hours ago, Naja said:

I've done all 3 quarantines, including 2 weeks in BKK twice, for all my trips to Thailand.  Planning on another trip in February.  I laugh at those that say the government is only doing what they need to do to protect the people.  But while that may have been more important with the Delta strain, Omicron is nothing compared to that.  It's actually good in a way because with luck it will mutate into an even milder strain after this.  But to cut people off who have paid substantial amounts of money for airfare, hotels, etc is not the way to foster good relations with the public.  I have seen how they blame COVID on farangs firsthand on the BTS when people move away from me when I sit down, how they will make the effort to walk farther away from me when I pass them walking and many other ways acting like I am infected or carrying the virus.  It's a shame that the government does not give out TRUE numbers of where the infections are coming from since many of the people returning are Thais that are NOT required to test before returning and have easily brought it with them and on the planes they are on.  If they truly wanted to slow the spread then everyone who enters the country should have a negative test before flying or whatever method of entry they choose. 

The Test and Go program is all they need.  Just require that you have to go to a clinic or hospital to do the ATK test so if it turns up positive you can be quarantined and tested further to make sure it is not a false positive.  So simple.  They could assign you a place to do your ATK test close to where you are staying and if you don't show up on that day they come find you and arrest you and send you home.  Period.   I have proposed this a couple times to people who have contact with the authorities but I doubt it has been passed on.

Let's hope some common sense prevails soon and they realize that no matter what they do, it is not going to stop the spread of Omicron. 

A person from the US can't complain when other's feel they are a threat, given how lax the US is about Covid

That being said, I agree 100% with your take about T&G and the follow up test being more official, good idea....

2 hours ago, rockitos said:

That's what travel insurance is for. And given you have to have insurance for the Thai Pass......why not just contact them? But hey, if you prefer to engage a lawyer to make a claim against the Thai Government, it'll give us all some free entertainment.

• Haha 1

As an aside, does anyone know for absolute certainty whether or not you MUST book ONE Phuket hotel for the entire 7 day initial stay? Or can it be more than one SHA+ hotel, thus giving some variety? Thanks