News Forum - Talk of Test & Go cutoff date, approved travellers can’t reschedule flights

Thaiger

The Thai government may soon set a cutoff date for travellers entering under the Test & Go quarantine exemption scheme. The Public Health Ministry is proposing that the cutoff date be set to January 10. The January 10 cutoff was previously discussed and nearly passed by the government last month. The Thai government even released a graphic with the January 10 date, saying that it would be the last day people could enter under the Test & Go scheme. And for those approved to enter, with a Thailand Pass QR code, they will not be able to change their flight […]

The story Talk of Test & Go cutoff date, approved travellers can’t reschedule flights as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

My parents wanted to come, but got scared of the cancellation and assumed it was dangerous. Now they want to come back at a later date but cannot because their approved pass cannot be changed. Should have met them in Mexico!

1 hour ago, Kagef said:

I have an aproved Stop & Go from January 11. Can I come on January 7 without changing my aproval?

Kogef

The rumours are that unfortunately you will not be able to enter earlier than the date stated in your pass

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Thai government may soon set a cutoff date for travellers entering under the Test & Go quarantine exemption scheme. The Public Health Ministry is proposing that the cutoff date be set to January 10. The January 10 cutoff was previously discussed and nearly passed by the government last month. The Thai government even released a graphic with the January 10 date, saying that it would be the last day people could enter under the Test & Go scheme. And for those approved to enter, with a Thailand Pass QR code, they will not be able to change their flight […]

The story Talk of Test & Go cutoff date, approved travellers can’t reschedule flights as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ok but how long is required under normal quarantine without the Test & Go ?

I am set to leave Canada Jan 10th and won't arrive until 12 midnight Jan 12 due to the time difference . I am to stay 1 day in Bangkok and then fly to Samui and Krabi and everything was booked no refund . Thats 3 hotels , 4 flights . I will lose my flights to and from Samui, my hotel in Samui , and they are all no refund no date changes . I cannot extend my quarantine hotel to 7 days because they are fully booked so where am I supposed to stay ?..... this is compete BS !! This trip was very expensive and Im going to lose all the money ....how are we supposed to modify the dates on a Thai pass with less than 6 days to leave and then my dates won't match the approved Thai Pass ? 

• Angry 1

25 minutes ago, Canadianonthego said:

I am set to leave Canada Jan 10th and won't arrive until 12 midnight Jan 12 due to the time difference . I am to stay 1 day in Bangkok and then fly to Samui and Krabi and everything was booked no refund . Thats 3 hotels , 4 flights . I will lose my flights to and from Samui, my hotel in Samui , and they are all no refund no date changes . I cannot extend my quarantine hotel to 7 days because they are fully booked so where am I supposed to stay ?..... this is compete BS !! This trip was very expensive and Im going to lose all the money ....how are we supposed to modify the dates on a Thai pass with less than 6 days to leave and then my dates won't match the approved Thai Pass ? 

I share your pain and frustration. I was due to return on the 18th but this now seems very much in doubt. I’m lucky in that I can change flights and cancel my hotels, but there will be many in the same situation as yourself. 

What makes it all the more frustrating for people who will lose a lot of money, is that once again, there is little to no logic in this decision. Had they slammed the doors shut two or three weeks ago when Omicron was first seen as a problem, then I could understand it. However, omicron is now in the country and spreading anyway by the local population. Stopping 50-100,000 people arriving who have all had PCR tests and will get them again on arrival makes no sense. Of course some of them will pass the PCR on arrival test and then go on to develop the virus, but surely they knew this already?

I hope your airline will assist you and look favourably on the situation. If not, then it seems the best you can hope for is to claim the tax back on your flights. Let’s hope some common sense prevails (please don’t hold your breath) and they continue to allow approved Thailand Pass travellers to arrive. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Under AQ is 7/10/14 days, fully vaccinated or not.

Could anyone please tell me if I had a Thailand pass to fly on 11th January and arrive on 12th if I can still enter under quarantine route if I get an approved hotel 

We're arriving on Jan 10th with Test&Go approved Thailand Passes. Are we able to enter with the original scheme of taking a pcr test on arrival, waiting for the result in the booked hotel and then another PCR on 5th or 6th day?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I share your pain and frustration. I was due to return on the 18th but this now seems very much in doubt. I’m lucky in that I can change flights and cancel my hotels, but there will be many in the same situation as yourself. 

What makes it all the more frustrating for people who will lose a lot of money, is that once again, there is little to no logic in this decision. Had they slammed the doors shut two or three weeks ago when Omicron was first seen as a problem, then I could understand it. However, omicron is now in the country and spreading anyway by the local population. Stopping 50-100,000 people arriving who have all had PCR tests and will get them again on arrival makes no sense. Of course some of them will pass the PCR on arrival test and then go on to develop the virus, but surely they knew this already?

I hope your airline will assist you and look favourably on the situation. If not, then it seems the best you can hope for is to claim the tax back on your flights. Let’s hope some common sense prevails (please don’t hold your breath) and they continue to allow approved Thailand Pass travellers to arrive. 

Best to plan for the worse and not trying to slip in in the last minute. Normally, I plan trips months ahead but in the ever changing covid environment that's not wise. It's not the government's fault, but a natural disaster they've been forced to deal with. Everyone wants to be safe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

Looks like anyone arriving after 11th is well and truly shafted, does any of this sound familiar for Thailand ?

No, not at all.

44 minutes ago, Odiee said:

We're arriving on Jan 10th with Test&Go approved Thailand Passes. Are we able to enter with the original scheme of taking a pcr test on arrival, waiting for the result in the booked hotel and then another PCR on 5th or 6th day?

Hi, @Odieeand welcome to the forum. Whilst not being aufait with the TP and other protocols, I will insert this mention for @Fazwho I'm sure will come to your aid. Best wishes for your plans and hoping to hear further from you.

Regards

KC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think a big part of it are the ones who have prior approval who are arriving after the 10th and will fly into BKK. The ASQ Hotels are quite expensive and to fly to Phuket or Samui seems to be not an option as many would just do it they had to. No one wants to quarantine at 7,10,14 days especially at a high over priced ASQ hotel they normally wouldn't stay at and throw in the extra tests they will have to pay for. The ones who are approved on the Test and Go do not want a test and shackle..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

1 hour ago, ace035 said:

Under AQ is 7/10/14 days, fully vaccinated or not.

It's 7 days if vaccinated in an SHA+ hotel.
10 days if unvaccinated or from a red listed Country in an AQ hotel.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lewisfricker said:

The rumours are that unfortunately you will not be able to enter earlier than the date stated in your pass

You can stop and go all you want, but stopping in Thailand might prove difficult....

20 minutes ago, Faz said:

It's 7 days if vaccinated in an SHA+ hotel.
10 days if unvaccinated or from a red listed Country in an AQ hotel.

Hey, I am a bit confused. Am fully vaxxed from Australia. Saw online a list of the required ‘AQ’ hotels thats offer  7, 10 and 14  day quarantine. What’s the difference between that and a SHA+ Hotel?? Or are they the same thing??