News Forum - North-east province closes schools, theatres and fitness facilities

Thaiger

Ubon Ratchathani’s Governor Pongrat Phiromrat has ordered all schools, cinemas, fitness clubs, gyms, sports stadiums and sports grounds to be closed until at least January 17. Ubon Ratchathani is in north east Thailand. For restaurants, only air conditioned venues will be allowed to provide take away food. 329 new Covid infections have been reported in the province of Ubon Ratchathani over the past 24 hours and the province’s health officials are expecting infections to continue to rise. 1,565 patients remain in the province’s health system from previous Covid infections. Thai PBS World reports that a cluster in a local pub/restaurant […]

The story North-east province closes schools, theatres and fitness facilities as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Let’s take the same playbook used in April 2021 that crushed business and did hardly anything to prevent the peak 4 months later which after in being lifted in September and October saw another horrific predicted re-peak by November. Oh yeah that never happened.  And this is supposed to be even harder to contain and even less serious illness. What a joke.   

Edited by JJJ
Typo
  • Like 8

Here is a list of things that work:

Masks- amazing

Lockdowns- amazing

Close the gyms (make people depressed and overweight)- amazing

Close the restaurants (again...drive people into depression)- amazing

Ban tourism (and prevent people from feeding themselves)- amazing

Increased suicide- amazing

Increase drug usage- amazing

Stunt childhood development- amazing

Vaccines- amazing

And many more amazing things....

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, francoa said:

what a joke lol, governments keep destroying lives 

Not me. I've got no kids, I never see anything I want to see in a theatre and I think gym go-ers are preening show offs. My life is complete. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JJJ said:

Let’s take the same playbook used in April 2021 that crushed business and did hardly anything to prevent the peak 4 months later which after in being lifted in September and October saw another horrific predicted re-peak by November. Oh yeah that never happened.  And this is supposed to be even harder to contain and even less serious illness. What a joke.   

Too bad your favorite pub is closed. You can do take out at 7-11.

• Angry 1

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Ubon Ratchathani’s Governor Pongrat Phiromrat has ordered all schools, cinemas, fitness clubs, gyms, sports stadiums and sports grounds to be closed until at least January 17. Ubon Ratchathani is in north east Thailand. For restaurants, only air conditioned venues will be allowed to provide take away food. 329 new Covid infections have been reported in the province of Ubon Ratchathani over the past 24 hours and the province’s health officials are expecting infections to continue to rise. 1,565 patients remain in the province’s health system from previous Covid infections. Thai PBS World reports that a cluster in a local pub/restaurant […]

The story North-east province closes schools, theatres and fitness facilities as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The governor is a brave leader and cares about the people of Ubon.👍

• Angry 1

4 hours ago, kmc said:

Here is a list of things that work:

Masks- amazing

Lockdowns- amazing

Close the gyms (make people depressed and overweight)- amazing

Close the restaurants (again...drive people into depression)- amazing

Ban tourism (and prevent people from feeding themselves)- amazing

Increased suicide- amazing

Increase drug usage- amazing

Stunt childhood development- amazing

Vaccines- amazing

And many more amazing things....

The world should never forget the CCP and  the WHO  and how amazing these two were in late 2019 and early 2020 !

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

5 hours ago, JJJ said:

Yes, let's keep repeating the same things that didn't work before, and cause even more problems, for a more contagious strain.  Surely it will work this time.

I don't think these people still believe any of this will work either.  They are just doing it to make it look like they are doing something.  I think it may also be a power trip for some of them.

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 1

In a few weeks, when the govt is paying for 40k people a day to enter 14 day quarantine and no one is actually ill, the policies will change.

I never understand why anyone would get a test voluntarily. If they are feeling ill, stay at home and take paracetomol, vitamins and Ivermectin (wow, so controversial,  will this comment be allowed?). If they get bad, then go to hospital.

Maybe 14 days quarantine is a better lifestyle for many?

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Grumpyoldman said:

Ivermectin (wow, so controversial,  will this comment be allowed?). 

Are you one of those horse dewormer guys? 😂

Jk, I completely agree. Especially with Omicron, it just looks like a cold. You probably don't even need anything else other than a rest.

People really go too far, while it's most likely that whoever died from Covid were weak because they isolated themselves from any germs outside to keep their immune system up to date. If people do that, a flu could hit harder than usual.