News Forum - Possible amendments to Test & Go for Thailand Pass

Thaiger

To kick off, the reported proposals are only ‘proposals’ at this stage. A final decision on these matters concerning the Thailand Pass will probably be made on Wednesday this week and then could be approved by the CCSA on Friday. But, in the interests of the many thousands of people who have already been approved for Test & Go, and the possible alteration of a final date of entry for existing Thailand Passes, only a week away, we publish this FYI. If you are travelling to Thailand on a Thailand Pass after January 10 you should follow this story and […]

The story Possible amendments to Test & Go for Thailand Pass as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

28 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

the reported proposals are only ‘proposals’ at this stage.

Well that's cleared that up then .. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jberg said:

So what are the proposed changes???

Directly from the article that you didn't read.

The Ministry of Public Health is recommending at extension to the current suspension of new applications for the Test & Go program until the end of the month (January). And, even more importantly, people who already have an approved Thailand Pass for the Test & Go program, must enter before January 10.

There is no mention of the Sandbox programs but, in line with the alterations made to Test & Go and Sandbox programs on December 21 last year, the extended suspension of new applications until the end of January will probably include Sandbox as well.

The proposed sunset date for approved applications, on January 10, was originally published by the government on December 21 last year but then reversed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Again, these are just proposals from the Ministry of Public Health and have not been voted on by the Thai cabinet or submitted for approval by the CCSA.

• Like 1

Anutin tries to become PM by being a moron like Trump or Johnson did before. But talking senseless nonsense is not enough to became the moron of the morons. Trump and Johnson are natural born morons with a family history of morons. Many other politician tried and failed that way. I don’t think, that Anutin is moron enough to succeed that way as well.

• Like 1

Could somebody tell me where the Thailand Pass vanished to??? I know Test and Go and the other sandboxes (except the Phuket Sandbox...just quoting the government websites), are suspended. But the Phuket Sandbox isn't!!!!! So where is the Thailand Pass system for me to apply to go to Phuket??

I have an approval for the Phuket Sandbox issued a few days ago. The stated entry date is January 9, but not to exceed January 12. I realize the proposal was only for test and go but…

with the limited information available I’m Asking for guidance from the Wise ones how the  proposal may affect me.

mmmm my pass is approved for the 9th of februari. Wonder what will happen now? Guess I will wait till the 4th of january/Thai royal gazette publishing / TheThaiger.

If my approved pass is cancelled, I would have to cancel my whole trip. My flight is directly to BKK and is something I can't switch to a sandbox flight.

*Fingers crossed*

Thank you Tim for keeping us up to date 

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

Could somebody tell me where the Thailand Pass vanished to??? I know Test and Go and the other sandboxes (except the Phuket Sandbox...just quoting the government websites), are suspended. But the Phuket Sandbox isn't!!!!! So where is the Thailand Pass system for me to apply to go to Phuket??

Still there as it stands - Phuket is now the only option on the drop down menu. For how long is obviously another matter.

1 hour ago, Michael0510 said:

Anutin tries to become PM by being a moron like Trump or Johnson did before. But talking senseless nonsense is not enough to became the moron of the morons. Trump and Johnson are natural born morons with a family history of morons. Many other politician tried and failed that way. I don’t think, that Anutin is moron enough to succeed that way as well.

If he's like Borus and Trump it a great endorsement,  but I dont know if that's the case. Borus and Trump got things done

• Like 4

What often gets overlooked by the apparently small change to a minor piece of administrative detail, is that Thailand has essentially closed its borders again. In typical Thai Style, they have avoided those headlines going around the world, by announcing a suspension of the Thailand pass (except for Phuket and ASQ), and so the lazy journalists around the world have looked the other way. The country is all but closed to the outside world again unless you wish to quarantine on an island for 7 days or ASQ.  

30 minutes ago, Soidog said:

What often gets overlooked by the apparently small change to a minor piece of administrative detail, is that Thailand has essentially closed its borders again. In typical Thai Style, they have avoided those headlines going around the world, by announcing a suspension of the Thailand pass (except for Phuket and ASQ), and so the lazy journalists around the world have looked the other way. The country is all but closed to the outside world again unless you wish to quarantine on an island for 7 days or ASQ.  

I'm more than happy to stay in Phuket. That's all I intended to do. But the Thailand Pass system is not loading. So I guess Thailand is no longer a destination for tourists??

2 hours ago, Michael0510 said:

Let me guess you probably think Joe Biden and Jeremy (Steptoe) Corbyn are competent leaders? .

Thank you for the humor on the first Monday off 2022.

Edited by 23RD
Typo
  • Like 4

That's the message I'm getting, whether the media report it or not. If my experience of the Thailand Pass system is widespread, then it is a closing of borders for tourists, no matter what the Thai Government intends.....

I also have an approved Thai Pass for January 23rd. And I very much hope that I can still enter you and that this cut off date may be postponed to the end of January. The sandbox scheme is of no use to me, as I will not be coming to Thailand for tourist reasons, but to see my friends again. However, if such messages already appear with "it is being considered ... or ... it is proposed ..." then I have come to say from experience that the same will happen! Unfortunately...

AAArgh  they need to make up there minds.... keep moving the goalposts doesn't help anyones peace of mind. we are or have been approved since end of nov to fly in on 16 jan but been on constant tenterhooks since 8-9 dec!! one way or another i hope they make some decision this week ( let the tourists in or keep them out????) simple..🤪

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jberg said:

So what are the proposed changes???

Yes I ask the same Question … the article Does Not specify changes to Test and Go. It mentions proposals to changes to dates where you will be able to enter using Thailand Pass/Test and Go.

Below are the requirements for Test & Go quarantine-free travel ? What has been proposed to change? Or Ammended?

Your passport needs at least 6 months validity

Arrive by air from a country/territory that is on the list approved by the Thai Public Health Ministry (UK and Ireland are both on the approved list)

Must have been in the approved countries/territories for 21 days or more (can stay in more than one approved country) 

Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and have proof of vaccination

Produce proof of negative Covid-19 test from RT-PCR test issued within 72 hours before departure to Thailand 

Obtain Thailand Pass before departure

Health insurance required with a minimum coverage of USD $50,000
(Thais and foreign expatriates under Thailand’s national healthcare coverage are exempt from this requirement)

Undergo a RT-PCR test on arrival in Thailand

A confirmed payment for a stay of at least one night at a SHA Extra Plus* accommodation and RT-PCR tests  one Antigen Test Kit (ATK)
*SHA Extra Plus hotels are those that meet the Amazing Thailand SHA Plus standard and provide an

accommodation service in partnership with certified hospitals for the RT-PCR test. The list of the SHA Extra

Plus hotels is available here: https://web.thailandsha.com/shaextraplus.

Your SHA Extra Plus hotel will coordinate the payment and booking of the RT-PCR tests. The only exception to this is travellers flying to Phuket and staying in Phuket or areas within a 2-hour drive of Phuket airport (e.g. Khao Lak). In this instance, the first test will be carried out at Phuket international airport and needs to be booked in advance via this official website:
https://www.thailandpsas.com/

Install the MorChana app on arrival in Thailand
For Android
For iPhone

After negative test result received can travel anywhere in Thailand 

Confirmed infections have stayed around the 3,500 to 2,800 mark since the 12th of December. The massive Omicron uptick hasn't happened. Seems the Thai authorities and the people have done everything they can to mitigate any spread. The Thai Pass pause was seemingly to buy time in order to find out how serious Omicron would be and to see how/if it would rampage throughout the country. Would be utterly futile to now stop the few thousand left who have had their Thai Pass but not yet travelled. The system works as it stands.

13 minutes ago, Bawheid said:

Confirmed infections have stayed around the 3,500 to 2,800 mark since the 12th of December. The massive Omicron uptick hasn't happened. Seems the Thai authorities and the people have done everything they can to mitigate any spread. The Thai Pass pause was seemingly to buy time in order to find out how serious Omicron would be and to see how/if it would rampage throughout the country. Would be utterly futile to now stop the few thousand left who have had their Thai Pass but not yet travelled. The system works as it stands.

Only believe the statistics that you have faked by yourself.😅😅

• Like 1

Guess now 14 days quarantine and a couple gran less to spend doesn't look so bad if your desperate to get in if it goes that way.

Edited by GW1
  • Like 1