News Forum - Chiang Mai police under fire after “pretties” joined road safety campaign

Thaiger

Two Thai models in Chiang Mai were giving out free coffee to keep drivers alert during the New Year holiday’s “seven deadly days” on the road, but what the women were wearing is what really got the attention of the drivers. Dressed like they were going out to a nightclub in heels and tight dresses, which is typically considered provocative to Thais, the women stood at a police checkpoint outside the Hang Dong district office. The women caused so much attention, with many accusing the police of hiring promotional models, known as “pretties,” that the local police station released a […]

The story Chiang Mai police under fire after “pretties” joined road safety campaign as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

the women stood at a police checkpoint outside the Hang Dong district office.

Bet the dongs weren't hanging too long if they were that pretty .. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

... what the women were wearing is what really got the attention of the drivers.

You mean no masks, presumably?

Rather like those in the car in the picture, who weren't wearing masks either!

Regardless of what anyone thinks of mask wearing in a car - IT'S THE LAW 😲!

• Like 2

Yes, the name of the police station is open for a laugh..... if only the Thais knew how it sounds in English, I think they would laugh too! I'm sure the police feel they have lost face, because they seemed to be allowing it or even organising it, which was not the case. In the end, it brought greater publicity to the campaign. I wonder what would have happened, if the business that sponsored the pretties, asked the police beforehand? 

PS.... the pretties were wearing face shields and the occupants of the car probably are from the same family and took their masks off for the photo opp. Wearing face masks with Omicron is a very good idea. Guidance here is that because Omicron is less deadly but more infectious, wearing a mask gives better protection than it would against Delta. So put your mask on...now really is the time for everyone to wear a mask...yes even if your a conspiracy theorist or an antivaxxer. 

• Like 2

More a distraction to me than

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Two Thai models in Chiang Mai were giving out free coffee to keep drivers alert during the New Year holiday’s “seven deadly days” on the road, but what the women were wearing is what really got the attention of the drivers. Dressed like they were going out to a nightclub in heels and tight dresses, which is typically considered provocative to Thais, the women stood at a police checkpoint outside the Hang Dong district office. The women caused so much attention, with many accusing the police of hiring promotional models, known as “pretties,” that the local police station released a […]

More of a distraction and hazard to me than road safety helper🤣

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

You mean no masks, presumably?

Rather like those in the car in the picture, who weren't wearing masks either!

Regardless of what anyone thinks of mask wearing in a car - IT'S THE LAW 😲!

It is unfortunate for you that you hate it, but fortunately for humanity sometimes human beings are less stupid than a stupid law. And it is more enjoyable when it is in a country where the law makers themselves as well as the uniforms that are supposed to enforce it are not quite... (fill up the gap).

2 hours ago, Manu said:

It is unfortunate for you that you hate it, but fortunately for humanity sometimes human beings are less stupid than a stupid law. And it is more enjoyable when it is in a country where the law makers themselves as well as the uniforms that are supposed to enforce it are not quite... (fill up the gap).

It's not a question of whether I "hate" it or not or how "stupid" or wrong the law is - it's the law, and it's not for me or the police to pick and choose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dressed like they were going out to a nightclub in heels and tight dresses, which is typically considered provocative to Thais

Isn't that provocative to everyone?  Isn't that the point of high heels and tight dresses?

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

It's not a question of whether I "hate" it or not or how "stupid" or wrong the law is - it's the law, and it's not for me or the police to pick and choose.

????? Get on with it mate.

Great idea, definitely gets the adrenaline going, the heart beating faster, reflexes paying attention, maybe other parts of the anatomy standing to attention, skip the coffee you don't need it. 

• Like 1

I like the concept of engaging " pretties" everywhere !.

I am not sure that thai society dislikes " Pretties", it can be completely opposite.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Could have been police women in plain clothes

As opposed to uninformed police women?

6 hours ago, ace035 said:

Undercover police women for sure.

Under the covers more like...

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Thailand's answer to everything.  "Here's an idea, what is we have Girls in short skirts", "Oh that's a great idea"...

I agree, Scotty...

Girls in short skirts, & plenty of cleavage ..

Disgusting. 😂

• Haha 2