Dog tired of the Dogs.....

GMoney2312

2 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Yes but it was not on the scale of the Roman Ballista, just the basic model sold at all good mom and pop shops.

I was throwing some rocks at a pack of 5 dogs across my street this morning. I need some heavier ammo!

• Haha 2

Just now, Faraday said:

Get the drone out, & buzz those four legged bast***s!

My next video project!

If you liked the "Kill Bill" movies, you are going to love my - "Fido Fatality" series!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Was in town recently at friends

His next door neighbours wife  was saying in Thai to my friends wife  they were going to move some troublesome dogs in the area about 15km outside of town to a remote beach area  ( you guessed it the village where i live)

i politely pointed out in thai and English better the dogs were rehomed elsewhere   as we have enough feral dogs 

If looks could kill i would be dead

Ps i love my dogs i have 4 big ones but they well treated vaccinated fed and kept on our property!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Anyone else have this problem?

I slept about 4 hours last night, all from the roaming pack of street dogs that howl and bark, and attack each other all night long.

At midnight, one dog was screaming in pain as someone was beating him.(Maybe that person wanted to sleep also)

Do you think small Thai communities can ever consider cleaning up their streets and regulating the growing number of dogs in the streets? And not to mention the driving hazards as well! Most dogs refuse to even move out of the way!

I get the general impression no one likes to take a stand on much of anything overall.

Yes we complained at Nonprue many times. They came looking, but nothing is changing. Our Neybore have about 15 dogs barking and houling.

We had a load of uncollared noisy dogs at the last house, however my wife found out that the Royal Thai Navy in Bangsare have a very nice piece of land where they can run free and be fed regularly. She contacted the RTN and they turned up with their blow pipes and drugged the dogs and took them down to the canine equivalent of Shangri-la where all our troubles were over, or so we thought. The very next day some neighbours went down and brought them back and putting a collar on them at the same time. We moved.😟

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Faraday said:

. I came out & whacked it on the head with the hoover pipe

Shouting " Dam you , you little critter " .. 

• Haha 2

In the  shops that sell Buddha related stuff they have these cute lil balls with a fuse that when lit and tossed make  quite an impressive  bang (so I am told). Not their primary use but when tossed into the near about/s of dog/s they cause the rapid departure of said animals.(so I am told).

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Shouting " Dam you , you little critter " .. 

Interspersed with a few words of Germanic & Anglo -Saxon origin. 😈😈

The ones that would incur a holiday, in Stalag Mod.🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

Fortunately there weren't any puncture wounds & my hairy 🐕‍🦺 son has had his Rabies shot.

Thanks for the heads-up though.👍

My other son - with two legs, managed to fix the dent in the hoover pipe! 😀

Good to hear. Rabies is quite common here and my thoiughts are even thai with house dogs don't get them vaccinated as should. My 2 girls are also fixed and have all shots including heart worm.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

I hear ya. I am a dog lover, but Thailand is changing my mind.

Its not the fault of the dogs, its the fault of Thai society and local authorities and their neglect and ignorance towards the animals.  Don't blame the dogs, blame the humans. A Nationwide and Comprehensive sterilization programme would work within a couple of dog generations and solve the  problem forever. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Good to hear. Rabies is quite common here and my thoiughts are even thai with house dogs don't get them vaccinated as should. My 2 girls are also fixed and have all shots including heart worm.

As are my two. We often take our dogs to a local park area that is privately owned and protected from soi dogs, so that domestic dogs that are owned and cared for can run about and play.  I meet many Thai families and their dogs at that park, so I know that many have just the same kind of caring love for their animals that we do.  Its good to see. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

My dog is wearing one of these for protection in those Coyote bars and against the beach hawkers .. 

They have Coyote bars in Merthyr Tydfil....?

Kin 'ell, Ded...!!

😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Got to be some gadget available like a ultra sound that will drive them away

Useless, they actually make some dogs bark more

8 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Anyone else have this problem?

I slept about 4 hours last night, all from the roaming pack of street dogs that howl and bark, and attack each other all night long.

At midnight, one dog was screaming in pain as someone was beating him.(Maybe that person wanted to sleep also)

Do you think small Thai communities can ever consider cleaning up their streets and regulating the growing number of dogs in the streets? And not to mention the driving hazards as well! Most dogs refuse to even move out of the way!

I get the general impression no one likes to take a stand on much of anything overall.

This is coming from a dog lover  but,
Soi dogs suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First encounter with them was when I rented a apt behind residential homes!

The scum bag dogs congregated in front of a gated house which aggravated the dogs living there!

They barked and  barked for hours, while the home owners worked!

Second encounter and on going is when I built a house in a new residence! Every effin House has a dog sometimes  as many as 7!?Same thing happens ,One or two owners let their dogs run free  to wreck havoc with the domiciled dogs! Their bark is extra loud cause its in the car park of the property!

The last house lot, to be built was next to my house! The scum bag Thai owners have 7 small yappers !

All day everyday they carry on ! It got so bad my wife had some officials come over the house  ,to file a complaint! They went over and spoke to the heathen owners! The rest is history! But we got it on record 555!

Many times they wake us up in the wee hours! Sometimes she hangs out the window and bangs a tin a few times and sometimes I go on the balcony and scream hoop bak(shut your mouth)!

When there is calm in the neighborhood its so beautiful!

Start a paper trail Gmoney! Tell the officials you are suffering from depression and your Bipolar and cant sleep , just in case it escalates .

When people ask where I live I tell them ! Falang yoo mooban Ma!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

I was throwing some rocks at a pack of 5 dogs across my street this morning. I need some heavier ammo!

I watched a guy who lives down the soi coming back from a bicycle ride ,get off his bike and throw it at 3 encroaching yappers today 555

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

We had a load of uncollared noisy dogs at the last house, however my wife found out that the Royal Thai Navy in Bangsare have a very nice piece of land where they can run free and be fed regularly. She contacted the RTN and they turned up with their blow pipes and drugged the dogs and took them down to the canine equivalent of Shangri-la where all our troubles were over, or so we thought. The very next day some neighbours went down and brought them back and putting a collar on them at the same time. We moved.😟

Your kidding,right! My wife tells me people have actually shot neighbors over dogs!

• Like 1

Are you guys aware it is illegal to harm a soi dog after the idiot down south beat a dog to death last year. Whilst they can be a nuisance beware if reported

• Cool 2

2 hours ago, Convert54 said:

In the  shops that sell Buddha related stuff they have these cute lil balls with a fuse that when lit and tossed make  quite an impressive  bang (so I am told). Not their primary use but when tossed into the near about/s of dog/s they cause the rapid departure of said animals.(so I am told).

I have used these(cherry bombs) ! It’s very satisfying ! I love to cast them in my yard next  to his

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, riclag said:

Your kidding,right! My wife tells me people have actually shot neighbors over dogs!

No not kidding, the poor dogs get dumped on the streets with no collar and if the dog bites someone that dog has suddenly no owners, but on the other hand should you 'bite' a dog you will soon find out who the owner is, they will be knocking on your door demanding compensation. Amazing Thailand.

• Like 4