News Forum - 2 Sinovac plus Pfizer booster less effective against Omicron variant

Thaiger

31 minutes ago, vlad said:

Nivram yes there will be we will have this for years so get used to it.

Symbolic of the ever-present sense of the dumbed down masses.

We certainly are an exceptional and enlightened species.

11 hours ago, Thaiger said:

But this new study shows that a mixture of 2 Sinovac vaccines and one Pfizer shot yields results in protection similar to having only 2 doses of an mRNA vaccine.

The only surprise in the whole report - I, and many others, would have expected it to be less 😂!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, THETRUTH said:

Sinovac isn't doing particularly worse than the others except for providing less efficient protection for the mass population overall.

Isn't that a rather smoke and mirrors way of saying 'Sinovac isn't doing particularly worse than the others except for being completely frigging useless' ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, vlad said:

Well i had 2 A/Z shots and pfizer Booster but today after a PCR test on Friday i tested Positive so i am now in isolation. So all who think its B/S or im ok im vaxxed you can still catch it even if fully vaxxed its the luck of the draw. 

hahahah you were the person who always made fun of us „anti-vaxxers“

there you go, enjoying what you were asking for. non-vaxxed and untested here, never any health problems since two years. Well, beside my constant worries about our future in a digital dostypian dictatorship because of people like you 🙃

• Like 2

14 hours ago, vlad said:

Well i had 2 A/Z shots and pfizer Booster but today after a PCR test on Friday i tested Positive so i am now in isolation. So all who think its B/S or im ok im vaxxed you can still catch it even if fully vaxxed its the luck of the draw. 

Yea, these vaccines are great, ain't they Vlad?

I prefer science to "luck of the draw", though. But, correct me if I'm incorrect 🤓, being able to get Covid post -vaccination (& booster) was one of they pesky conspiracies, wasn't it, old chap??

Tally Ho..!🤣

Still, the CCC thread welcomes you with open arms.

*Oh yea, get well soon*

👍

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Rain said:

And we should expecting it to be so for some time to come. 

nah  Omicron is  providing protection from delta and once youve  had  omicron you are  well and truly  protected against reinfection with  both, Im not  bothering with any  boosters

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

I prefer science to "luck of the draw", though. But, correct me if I'm incorrect 🤓, being able to get Covid post -vaccination (& booster) was one of they pesky conspiracies, wasn't it, old chap??

Tally Ho..!🤣

*Oh yea, get well soon*

👍

As the months progress, more and more are beginning to question and challenge the vax - 

Time will tell as to the growing number of refuseniks have their say. 

The fun-loving establishment will be revealed for what they truly are.

36 minutes ago, Rain said:

The fun-loving establishment will be revealed for what they truly are.

I truly hope so, but I fear that while 'we' are being diverted by Covid & climate from the control that's emerging, it will be too late to do much about it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Faraday said:

Tally Ho..!🤣

*Oh yea, get well soon*

👍

I suggest you and the others go back to your thread you don't belong here old chap.

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 2

1 hour ago, vlad said:

I suggest you and the others go back to your thread you don't belong here old chap.

Something you'll never achieve...😂😂😂

happy world cup GIF

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stonker said:

Isn't that a rather smoke and mirrors way of saying 'Sinovac isn't doing particularly worse than the others except for being completely frigging useless' ?

Even I used to ridicule Sinovac over its fading protection on a six-month scale...

But that was before the EU started recommending getting a new jab every six months. Right now nothing is considered particularly effective and in that regard Sinovac isn't all that much worse.

edit: Sorry, I have forgotten to mention that I'm strictly about "boosting" 1 or 2 doses of Sinovac with other vaccines. Pure Sinovac is still nothing but Chinese hocus pocus and not comparable to Western medicine.

Edited by THETRUTH
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, THETRUTH said:

Even I used to ridicule Sinovac over its fading protection on a six-month scale...

But that was before the EU started recommending getting a new jab every six months. Right now nothing is considered particularly effective and in that regard Sinovac isn't all that much worse.

edit: Sorry, I have forgotten to mention that I'm strictly about "boosting" 1 or 2 doses of Sinovac with other vaccines. Pure Sinovac is still nothing but Chinese hocus pocus and not comparable to Western medicine.

That'll be why the Chinese had101 cases yesterday and 'the West' was in the hundreds of thousands, eh?

22 minutes ago, Poolie said:

That'll be why the Chinese had101 cases yesterday and 'the West' was in the hundreds of thousands, eh?

Yes, cases are the lowest in those countries where prison camps are an essential part of public disease control.

Not really related to vaccines.

5 minutes ago, THETRUTH said:

Yes, cases are the lowest in those countries where prison camps are an essential part of public disease control.

Not really related to vaccines.

Oh I'm sorry, didn't mean to interrupt your perusal of the msm. Absorb and believe like a true follower.

2 hours ago, THETRUTH said:

Right now nothing is considered particularly effective and in that regard Sinovac isn't all that much worse

Sorry, but that's been proven to be wrong on all counts.

I'm tempted to say utter garbage, but I won't.

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

No, that'll be because they use the other options (isolation, full lockdown, etc) extensively.

Just got my booster.I had my two Pfizer jabs in may last year,as I'm over 60 I got the moderna jab as a booster,the Netherlands health authoritys have come to the conclusion that it works better.Fair enough.

Hey, that sounds a bit negative about Pfizer. This is a news website. Better tell the people what Pfizer wants you to tell them... 

• Like 1

Oh, My God !  I thought Covid Infections ended,  Now we have OMicron !

2 sinovac and 1 Pfizer not effective !

2 sinovac + 1 Pfizer + 1 Moderna + Johnson & Johnson will it work ?

Next week are we introducing any new vaccines ?  Next month are we introducing any new virus ?

we should be Proactive in fighting the virus:-

Plan A

Every 1 hour vaccine

Plan B

Every  half day vaccine

Plan C

Every Day Vaccine

Plan D

Every week vaccine

Plan E

Every fortnight vaccine

Plan F

Every Month vaccine

Plan G

Every 6 months vaccine

we are here, now Plan G, i expect to move up to Plan A, in 6 months of time.

we should also start procuring " space suits" aka , " Germ suits" for every day earth walk !

On 1/3/2022 at 7:42 PM, Stonker said:

Sorry, but that's been proven to be wrong on all counts.

I'm tempted to say utter garbage, but I won't.

And of course you are tempted to say this without any sources.

E.g. Reuters is reporting that Pfizer is around 55 % effective against the omicron variant whereas Moderna reaches only 37 %. And this protection will decrease in just a few months, though boosters seem to restore the protection back to original levels.

However, the immunity acquired from boosters was measured during a mere 44-day interval which equates to 1.5 months -- so it could deteriorate rapidly after 3 or 4 or 5 months and right now we have no idea.

Back when these vaccines were introduced, the efficacy against contemporary variants was supposed to be nearly 90 %. So we have come down dramatically from those numbers.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/significant-increase-protection-vs-omicron-mrna-boosters-study-says-2021-12-22/

Edited by THETRUTH
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, THETRUTH said:

And of course you are tempted to say this without any sources.

E.g. Reuters is reporting that Pfizer is around 55 % effective against the omicron variant whereas Moderna reaches only 37 %. And this protection will decrease in just a few months, though boosters seem to restore the protection back to original levels.

However, the immunity acquired from boosters was measured during a mere 44-day interval which equates to 1.5 months -- so it could deteriorate rapidly after 3 or 4 or 5 months and right now we have no idea.

Back when these vaccines were introduced, the efficacy against contemporary variants was supposed to be nearly 90 %. So we have come down dramatically from those numbers.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/significant-increase-protection-vs-omicron-mrna-boosters-study-says-2021-12-22/

You seem to have both forgotten what you wrote which I quoted and was disagreeing with, and either completely misunderstood or be deliberately misrepresenting your own link.

This is what you wrote, which I described as "proven to be wrong on all counts":

On 1/3/2022 at 5:12 PM, THETRUTH said:

Right now nothing is considered particularly effective and in that regard Sinovac isn't all that much worse

Your own link shows that that's not true where the mRNA vaccines are concerned as it very clearly states that they give a significant increase in protection after a booster:

""Our study contributes to emerging evidence that BNT162b2 (Pfizer-BioNTech) or mRNA-1273 (Moderna) primary vaccine protection against Omicron decreases quickly over time, with booster vaccination offering a significant increase in protection," the authors wrote in the study."

The 55%  and 37% you refer to is protection compared to unvaxxed after two doses, not three.

Protection after a  third mRNA dose is a "significant increase in protection" of 54.6%, but compared to those who've had two doses not those unvaxxed.

That's a "significant increase" which puts three doses back near the original level when compared to the unvaxxed, so your own link shows that your claim that "Right now nothing is considered particularly effective" is completely wrong.

... and that's your own link 😂!

As for your claim that "in that regard Sinovac isn't all that much worse", how about you naming any source that supports that and even hints that a booster with Sinovac "isn't all that much worse" than one with Pfizer or Moderna?

It's just absolutely wrong, as there's no evidence that Sinovac gives any protection at all against Omicron, and the thread article suggests very strongly that it doesn't.

• Haha 1