News Forum - Omicron variant found in triple-vaxxed woman in Nakhon Si Thammarat

Thaiger

11 hours ago, SkylineGTR82 said:

Maybe I expressed myself a little unhappy, but I mean basically the same as you. Vaccination cannot generally prevent the infection, but the likelihood is very high that it will prevent a life-threatening course. Personally, however, the headline of this news bothers me most, as it can be misunderstood and suggests to people (who may not be adequately informed): Oh, I don't need to get vaccinated, because I can get infected with it one way or another. And that's bullshit.

We're clearly in complete agreement - particularly about the headline, which is simply appallingly misleading as is obvious from some of the posts here ... unless, of course, that was the intention.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, think-and-ask said:

1. i am not interested in thaat beliefs ( not science, not proved to be true ),
about freedom ends, when others are in danger, what you said.
and nothing gets true by daily repeating it for 1-2 years or longer. it remainds on religion.

2. i agree, with low education and not serious brain damage,
people can see the visions, not facts, on t.v. ( tell vision ) etc.
and your belief about me, does not help anyone.

3. actually even the governmental statistics ( health institutions )
from many countries this days, not say what you believe.
just let it be and have a nice day, otherwise people could think,
you get profits from the most corrupted industry in the world.

Oh man...I think you have completely said goodbye to a world in which you no longer want to see reality at all and in which you generally see everything as an attack on you personally or "your freedom" in danger. I can tell you that my best friend is working in a Covid intensive care unit for almost 2 years! She had to watch countless people helplessly as they perished miserably from this disease. That's the reality! But believe what you want...It's pointless and easier to talk to a wall anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My wife and I, my parents, and my in-laws, have all been infected after having a Christmas Eve dinner together. My wife had a few minor cold symptoms, my mother and father had minor cold symptoms, but myself and the in-laws had no symptoms at all. My wife and I were the only ones with 2 Pfizer doses, everyone else has 3. All of us tested positive by PCR earlier this week.

My mother in law is at a VERY high risk of severe illness in general, let alone COVID, so we're very relieved that she wouldn't even have known that she had it if we hadn't tested positive.

From my perspective, this was the whole point of the vaccines. For the past year and a half, we were all told that the ENTIRE purpose was to prevent severe illness and hospitalization, NOT prevention of infection. So, it worked, right?

Add to that the multiple studies and reports that prove natural immunity PLUS vaccination is the strongest protection you can have, I believe now more than ever that the end of this pandemic is approaching rapidly.

If the Omicron variant remains as virulent AND as harmless as it currently is, and the vast majority of most countries are mostly or at least partially vaccinated, it's inevitable that everyone will catch this variant but very few people will need treatment, and even fewer will die. Again, this was supposed to be the whole point.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Cabra said:

Not news... not even interesting... Do better Thaiger! 

Its  FREE, u  do better and start yer  own forum

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Question is... what's after Omicron??

They're still working on it. Give 'em a little time. They need to work out the glitches as to how to manipulate the masses.....and work out the magnificent profit margins.

I'm sure it'll grand.......the greatest invented viral epidemic that history has seen. 

On 1/1/2022 at 5:07 PM, Cg66 said:

You can’t stop a virus. When you couldn’t stop earlier variants and this one replicates at 70 times the rate in the bronchus, how exactly are you going to be stopping this one? Certainly not from using a fake vaccine. It’s much weaker for most. Let people catch it and try and shelter the vulnerable, like Sweden did.

...like Sweden did."

Update..... like Sweden did and failed.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rain said:

They're still working on it. Give 'em a little time. They need to work out the glitches as to how to manipulate the masses.....and work out the magnificent profit margins.

I'm sure it'll grand.......the greatest invented viral epidemic that history has seen. 

These types of comments always make me laugh, supposedly the governments are getting back handers from the drugs companies as those companies are making billions out of this.

But the billions of dollars are insignificant compared to the trillions being lost due to lack of activity in all the other industry sectors due to the lockdowns.

So why don't all those other industries get to gather and bribe the government even more than the drug companies are doing to stop pretending there is a virus pandemic going on?

Simple logic knocks all theses stupid conspiracies into space.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RampantRabbit said:

Its  FREE, u  do better and start yer  own forum

I think you have lost the plot... Forums are where views are exchanged... I'll continue sharing my views here. No need to start another forum.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JamesR said:

These types of comments always make me laugh, supposedly the governments are getting back handers from the drugs companies as those companies are making billions out of this.

But the billions of dollars are insignificant compared to the trillions being lost due to lack of activity in all the other industry sectors due to the lockdowns.

So why don't all those other industries get to gather and bribe the government even more than the drug companies are doing to stop pretending there is a virus pandemic going on?

Simple logic knocks all theses stupid conspiracies into space.

You really have no clue how the world works really... It is not governments that are corrupted (although in some countries / dictatures, it is the case), it is individuals at all levels influencing political decisions. And if you think that corruption does not exist then I am not sure in which fairy world you live in. And by the way, the trillions that you mention, it is basically you and I that are paying with our taxes!! The vaccines are not free neither, our taxes pay for them.

There is one perfect example https://violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/pfizer

And that is only one example of one single pharmaceutical company (Pfizer) since we are talking about Big Pharma here (other industries are just as bad by the way). And that is only the 60+ times this company, Pfizer, got caught for the last 20 years. Reasonably we can imagine that they do not get caugh every time so god knows what else we got up to. Amongst the offenses, which lead to 10 billions dollars fine over that period (yes, 10 BILLIONS FINES!!), you can find lovely practices like "kickbacks and bribery", "False Claims Act and related", "off-label or unapproved promotion of medical products", "Foreign Corrupt Practices Act" (!!!), "price-fixing or anti-competitive practices", etc...

Welcome to the real world.

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2022 at 10:57 PM, Thaiger said:

As infections of the Omicron variant of Covid-19 surpass 1,100 cases in Thailand, the first confirmed case in Nakhon Si Thammarat was identified in a woman who had already been fully vaccinated and received a booster shot. The 26 year old woman works at Kasemrad Hospital in Bangkok and travelled to the province to attend her grandfather’s funeral. The woman with the Omicron variant, who had been double vaccinated with Sinovac shots and received a Pfizer booster shot at the end of August, travelled to tambon Chalong in Sichon district on December 28. Before boarding the bus south, she told […]

The story Omicron variant found in triple-vaxxed woman in Nakhon Si Thammarat as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The Thaiger wish to apologise for the original headline and story which I believe was misleading and gave the impressions that there was some 'link' between the woman's triple vaccination and her becoming infected. I have edited the headline and text and now believe it better reflects the intention of the writer and context of the story. The source material also made the same erroneous link. Tim - The Thaiger

3 hours ago, Manu said:

You really have no clue how the world works really... It is not governments that are corrupted (although in some countries / dictatures, it is the case), it is individuals at all levels influencing political decisions. And if you think that corruption does not exist then I am not sure in which fairy world you live in. And by the way, the trillions that you mention, it is basically you and I that are paying with our taxes!! The vaccines are not free neither, our taxes pay for them.

There is one perfect example https://violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/pfizer

And that is only one example of one single pharmaceutical company (Pfizer) since we are talking about Big Pharma here (other industries are just as bad by the way). And that is only the 60+ times this company, Pfizer, got caught for the last 20 years. Reasonably we can imagine that they do not get caugh every time so god knows what else we got up to. Amongst the offenses, which lead to 10 billions dollars fine over that period (yes, 10 BILLIONS FINES!!), you can find lovely practices like "kickbacks and bribery", "False Claims Act and related", "off-label or unapproved promotion of medical products", "Foreign Corrupt Practices Act" (!!!), "price-fixing or anti-competitive practices", etc...

Welcome to the real world.

I hope you have not taken any vaccines or any other medication, they are all out to get us.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

I believe now more than ever that the end of this pandemic is approaching rapidly

Only if Omicron gives immunity from other variants - unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case and it's even questionable if it gives any immunity from Omicron.

If that's the case, it's just an added 'flu' with an extra risk of fatality for an unfotunate few while Covid goes on unchanged.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JamesR said:

I hope you have not taken any vaccines or any other medication, they are all out to get us.

I am fully vaccinated, with all the ones you know and ever known I had them at some point or another in my life. Your response is very limited interest to respond to my post, if I may say.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Manu said:

I am fully vaccinated, with all the ones you know and ever known I had them at some point or another in my life. Your response is very limited interest to respond to my post, if I may say.

You responses are extremely interesting. 

• Like 1

I am triple jabbed, so no anti-vaxxer, but trawling through the Omicron/Vaccination history of twenty countries this morning, I couldn't find anything to suggest that the more vaccinated populations are having fewer cases of Omicron, and some countries with a poor vaccination record have yet to show any signs of the Omicron spike emerging in their data.

What I do find very encouraging is the way the much milder Omicron is displacing Delta. Better still there is a research paper from South Africa indicating strong resistance to Delta after Omicron infection.

It's almost as though the Covid bug wants to have the last laugh with this pandemic. After the human race has invested so heavily in vaccines, along comes a variant that rides roughshod over both past variants and vaccines, yet is so inconsequential it ranks alongside a minor cold - something we can readily live with.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

A GROSSLY INCORRECT and misleading statement in the Thaiger article "Phuket to get 60,000 Moderna vaccines for 4th boosters".

The article states: Booster vaccines have been proven to be vastly more effective than the first 2 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine, so PPAO officials are focusing on booster vaccines for the residents of Phuket in hopes of avoiding snags in the economic recovery.

In the official report by the ONS (Office for National Statistics) in UK Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey, UK: Characteristics related to having an Omicron compatible result in those who test positive for COVID-19 , Table 1b provides the Modeled probability for testing positive on COVID-19, : November 29, 2021 to 12 December 2021.

image.thumb.png.030feeac9e72151cd986f5314766e882.png

Source: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/adhocs/14107coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveyukcharacteristicsrelatedtohavinganomicroncompatibleresultinthosewhotestpositiveforcovid19

These numbers show that if you have Covid and have received 3 doses of the vaccine, you are 4.45 times more likely to test Omicron positive than if you are not vaccinated (and 2.26 times if you had 2 jabs).

You might argue that the above was only an estimate as calculated by the ONS based on limited data. 

BUT we now also have the real-life figures for Omicron from the Robert Koch Institute in Germany, and they show that people fully vaccinated are 8.12 times more likely to have an infection with Omicron than unvaccinated people

Source: https://www.rki.de/EN/Home/homepage_node.html

> Booster-madness...

On 1/2/2022 at 7:46 PM, JamesR said:

...like Sweden did."

Update..... like Sweden did and failed.

Really? Yes, mistakes made with their care homes, made worse by the fact that they have much larger care homes than the other Scandinavian countries, but they ran the schools and hospitals as normal and so have no 6 million operation backlog like the UK. Life is back to normal there. The last restrictions, Like wearing masks on public transport were taken away months ago. Why do you think Sweden is hardly in the news at the moment? It’s because they handled it better by going their own way and not copying the idiots in other countries

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/1/2022 at 5:15 PM, SkylineGTR82 said:

The virus cannot be stopped either, but in my opinion the vaccine is an important tool to reduce severe disease and thus save lives. All those who do not think this is necessary should spend a day in an intensive care unit with Covid patients. Then their mind will suddenly change.

You’ve done a great job swallowing the propaganda. Governments keep repeating the same slogans as though they are facts, like, safe and effective, quoting high efficacy rates, pretending no serious side-effects are happening, and stating that these vaccines give you milder symptoms. Problem comes when you ask them for the evidence or studies by which they come to these conclusions. All you get then is waffle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2022 at 10:14 AM, Jason said:

Question is... what's after Omicron??

You wrote > Question is... what's after Omicron?? 

Answer is... providing treatment to those that screwed up their immune system with the mRNA gen-modifiers.

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

You’ve done a great job swallowing the propaganda. Governments keep repeating the same slogans as though they are facts, like, safe and effective, quoting high efficacy rates, pretending no serious side-effects are happening, and stating that these vaccines give you milder symptoms. Problem comes when you ask them for the evidence or studies by which they come to these conclusions. All you get then is waffle

zzzzzzzz, what is that sound, the rest of us falling asleep. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1