News Forum - “Thailand Trusted Destination” certification aimed at luring tourists

Thaiger

“Thailand Trusted Destination” is the latest campaign in a long line of schemes government authorities have launched as they attempt to lure international travellers back to Thailand, even amid Omicron uncertainty. The Ministry of Tourism and Sports launched the campaign in a bid to increase the standards of tourism in the country. The project aims to build confidence in travellers by certifying businesses that meet certain quality standards, allowing them to display the Thailand Trusted Destination dancing elephant logo. The Tourism Ministry hopes this will incentivise businesses and venues to bring their standards of management, cleanliness, safety, and fairness up. […]

The story “Thailand Trusted Destination” certification aimed at luring tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

They’re going to have a hard time gaining trust when they flip-flop so much and can’t seem to tone down the roadblocks to even enter the country without all the unnecessary costs involved. 

• Like 10

So, "luring tourists" to trick them & later on to scam them to quarantine to a hospital even asympthomatic so you can get their COVID-19 insurance.

• Like 10

Standards ....  Quarantine, AQ, SHA+ or extra, or extra +, Phuket Sandbox, COE, Thailand Pass, Test n Go, Blue, red, yellow provinces, no Test n Go, back to Phuket Sandbox. Enough to make a dancing elephant dizzy.

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Krabi International Airport is one such venue, having been certified for the cleanliness of their public restrooms.

So just because the toilets are clean, how does that make the whole airport a 'Thailand Trusted Destination'?

Shouldn't they just be 'Thailand Trusted Toilets' ?

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

50 minutes ago, ace035 said:

So, "luring tourists" to trick them & later on to scam them to quarantine to a hospital even asympthomatic so you can get their COVID-19 insurance.

Yet again - you don't necessarily have to quarantine in a hospital if asymptomatic.

... and if the quarantine is paid for by the mandatory insurance so it doesn't cost the tourist one baht, they're not being "scammed".

2 hours ago, Sarisin said:

Trusted to charge you several times the Thai price at national parks, zoos and anywhere else they think they can get away with it.

If paying those prices are out of your budget, maybe you should go elsewhere or just stay at home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Yet again - you don't necessarily have to quarantine in a hospital if asymptomatic.

... and if the quarantine is paid for by the mandatory insurance so it doesn't cost the tourist one baht, they're not being "scammed".

Not necessarily, because some farangs buy COVID-19 insurance outside of Thailand due to the fact that its way more cheaper than within Thailand. And when they pop positive, their COVID-19 insurance will not work in Thailand where the scam starts. It happened to the farangs couple with their children reported by someone(not mention any name) last Nov, the husband was asymptomatic & paid at least B300K baht out of his pocket.

• Like 2

It's not certifying business, stop making it so hard just to enter the country.... that's what stopping people coming.... take a leaf from Mexico's book

• Like 4

Who cares about a meaningless logo. Just remove the red tape, end the immigration nonsense regulations COE/TP/ASQ/RTPCR/SHA/ETC! for once and for all, and people will return.

• Like 6
  • Cool 1

Another junket source for the officials, drive around, feel important, get accommodation and meals hand out a dancing elephant and on to the next place.

Not a single tourist will know what a dancing elephant means.

2 hours ago, ace035 said:

Not necessarily, because some farangs buy COVID-19 insurance outside of Thailand due to the fact that its way more cheaper than within Thailand. And when they pop positive, their COVID-19 insurance will not work in Thailand where the scam starts. It happened to the farangs couple with their children reported by someone(not mention any name) last Nov, the husband was asymptomatic & paid at least B300K baht out of his pocket.

Yep, it's a total scam, and they will milk it for as long as possible.

300k would pay for a very nice serviced hotel room for over twelve months.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sarisin said:

Trusted to charge you several times the Thai price at national parks, zoos and anywhere else they think they can get away with it.

A trusted logo for double pricing

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stonker said:

If paying those prices are out of your budget, maybe you should go elsewhere or just stay at home.

Exactly, while the cost of same type of venue in home country would be 10 or more times the cost here in Thailand.

In nearly 15 years only once has a establishment tried to inflate my entry fee, my wife quickly resolved that.

• Like 1

“Thailand Trusted Destination” certification aimed at luring tourists. 

Why use "trusted" and "luring" in the same sentence? Luring sounds so negative as in, the creepy guy lured the kid into his van. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Thaiger said:

“Thailand Trusted Destination” is the latest campaign in a long line of schemes government authorities have launched as they attempt to lure international travellers back to Thailand, even amid Omicron uncertainty. The Ministry of Tourism and Sports launched the campaign in a bid to increase the standards of tourism in the country. The project aims to build confidence in travellers by certifying businesses that meet certain quality standards, allowing them to display the Thailand Trusted Destination dancing elephant logo. The Tourism Ministry hopes this will incentivise businesses and venues to bring their standards of management, cleanliness, safety, and fairness up. […]

The story “Thailand Trusted Destination” certification aimed at luring tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Finally! This is exactly what I was waiting to hear before I bought a ticket for my 14 day holiday. I am completely willing to run the risk of being swept into ASQ limbo despite 3x vax and a negative test prior to flying. I have complete faith in the accuracy of the test given on arrival. And complete faith that nobody sitting "near me" will cause me to lose any time out of my holiday. Golly, now that I know that wooden table in the open air cafe is being cleaned properly, all my concerns have melted away.

• Haha 2

Attempt to lure international travellers back to Thailand, under the pandemic that no one knows when will end, is futile. Every day people upload videos on utube tiktok and tell their local newspapers about the many problems they endured before and during travel.

2022 will be the year for domestic travel only, for the majority who consider safety as their first priority, and hassle free holiday.

Unless red tape are removed, and forced extended stay at hotels or hospital, I would guess only 30k-50k arrivals per month, this year. 

What they need to do is certify a hassle free arrival and holiday.

Edited by ThaiPhilExpat
  • Like 3

from  what i understand about the insurance ,the 50,000 usd covid type,is that it pays if you are in a hospital being treated for covid. and if just check positive,but not sick or not admitted to a hospital it dont pay. and if you test positive it also dont pay your 14 days  lock down bill either. am i thinking right on this? i keep hearing diff views on this.does anyone know for sure? thanks in advance for any reply. chock dee to all.