Jump to content

News Forum - UPDATE: Israeli escapee given slap-on-the-wrist fine


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ohad Baruch, the Israeli tourist who violated Thai law and the emergency decree by fleeing his SHA+ hotel to Pattaya and Koh Samui while waiting for RT-PCR tests, has received a small fine and will face deportation. The punishment for violating the emergency decree is up to 40,000 baht and 2 years in prison, but today the Bangkok South Municipal Court decided not to give a sentence that would be a warning and deterrent for others, and instead fined him just 2,000 baht for his indiscretion that led to a national manhunt. Officials had also spoken of charging the Israeli […]

The story UPDATE: Israeli escapee given slap-on-the-wrist fine as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Slacker77 said:

LOL,

that wasn't much for penalty ,wonder how Thai people now are thinking of this mild punishment 

Thai person would pay 500 baht or just say sorry 3 times

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Slacker77 said:

that wasn't much for penalty ,wonder how Thai people now are thinking of this mild punishment 

But would not this be a large fine for a lot of Thais ….. if bar is set high with large fines lots of Thais may struggle to pay them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Slacker77 said:

LOL,

that wasn't much for penalty ,wonder how Thai people now are thinking of this mild punishment 

Wonder what foreigners are thinking ?

You could get arrested and fined and deported upon arrival , even if you don't have Covid

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

didn't wanted Israeli S F's swooping in to extract him so a slap on the wrist will do .. 

From what I've seen very recently (but cannot or will not be spoken about it appears)

Certain Thais are going to need special protection forces here soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

didn't wanted Israeli S F's swooping in to extract him so a slap on the wrist will do .. 

Israel is pretty bad arse for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

didn't wanted Israeli S F's swooping in to extract him so a slap on the wrist will do .. 

The Israeli Army only rescue people who have been kidnapped, they wouldn't rescue someone who had broken the law

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

Make me think how many more false positive tests came out 

And whether they were accidental or done deliberately .

The people have insurance and a nice earner for the hospital considering they would need to carry out any treatment  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Fluke said:

The Israeli Army only rescue people who have been kidnapped, they wouldn't rescue someone who had broken the law

Only probably true if he was born in Israel but mom and dad being of another descent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Onluy probably true if he was born in Israel but mom and dad being of another descent.

Palestinian ?

They are hardly likely to get kidnapped, are they ?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Palestinian ?

They are hardly likely to get kidnapped, are they ?

If you are insinuating that they do the kidnapping then I will just say no comment as is politically incorrect. But let's just say I think the frying pan is hot on both sides of that skillet and one should actually not touch its handle either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

LOL,

that wasn't much for penalty ,wonder how Thai people now are thinking of this mild punishment 

They're probably not giving it any thought whatsoever - that is if it's actually being covered in Thai news circles.

More of a trivial Farang angst thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Yes, still in CR

Nice! I will travel at the end of January after my US friend comes here to stay for a few months. Last night was my first night out with a visiting associate from Bangkok and that was weird after almost 2 years now of not going out. Nimmanhaemin area looked like the old days packed with soooo way toooo many people. You wouldnt even know there was a serious virus floating around. My bet is there is going to be h e ll to pay by infections from this which in saying that has a little bit to do with  the topic and the Covid positive Israeli aprehended escapee fugutive. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

It's the deportation and possibly being banned which is going to hurt. No one ever expected him to go to jail.

He’s already been in the police cells or local jail for over a week and the fun has just begun! In another weeks time, for a price, he’ll be driven to IDC in Bangkok. Then he needs a direct flight home, a final Covid test and to pay for an escort from IDC to the airport so probably 2 weeks in IDC if his embassy assist. So banged up for 4 weeks, lawyer fees, at least 5 Covid tests, transport fees, his pathetic fine and also onto the blacklist.  “som nom nar” 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Nice! I will travel at the end of January after my US friend comes here to stay for a few months. Last night was my first night out with a visiting associate from Bangkok and that was weird after almost 2 years now of not going out. Nimmanhaemin area looked like the old days packed with soooo way toooo many people. You wouldnt even know there was a serious virus floating around. My bet is there is going to be h e ll to pay by infections from this which in saying that has a little bit to do with  the topic and the Covid positive Israeli aprehended escapee fugutive. 

Wow. You've been 2 years personally isolated? Really....?

That's an odd discipline that probably isn't necessary.

Nonetheless - best to ya.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 1

      News Forum - Bangkok to speed up removal of illegal canal structures

    2. 65
    3. 1

      News Forum - Bus fare collector dies in tragic motorcycle crash in Bangkok

    4. 18

      Wise demanding detailed personal and financial information

    5. 18

      Wise demanding detailed personal and financial information

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use