News Forum - More than 5,000 refugees cross to Thai border as fighting intestifies in Myanmar

Thaiger

At least one civilian was killed and six others were injured in six airstrikes by the military junta that started on December 20 in the territory controlled by the Karen National Union’s 6th Brigade, forcing more than 5,000 people to flee their villages in Laykaykaw township. As fighting intensified between the Myanmar military and Karan National Union over the past three days, they are seeking shelter in Thailand’s border district of Mae Sot in Tak province. An official from Laykaykaw told local media DVB Burmese that the military council fired more than 100 artillery shells at Metta Lin Myaing village, […]

The story More than 5,000 refugees cross to Thai border as fighting intestifies in Myanmar as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If I were leading the Burmese resistance forces, I'd call for 500,000 Burmese citizens to cross the Thai border and demand sanctuary.

Then, I'd call for 500,000 more Burmese citizens to cross into India to demand sanctuary.

Next, I'd call for 500,000 more Burmese citizens to cross into Laos to demand sanctuary.

Moving along, I'd call for 500,000 more Burmese citizens to cross into Chinese territory and demand sanctuary.

Finally, I'd call for 500,000 more Burmese citizens to cross into Bangladesh and demand sanctuary.

I would ensure that I had video and a satellite feed to broadcast it all, and I would run that 24/7.

The only way that the Burmese people will get needed support in their battle against the Tatmadaw is if it is on television screens around the globe and can't be ignored by heartless governments.

So, put it there.