News Forum - Thai medic says most Omicron cases mild or asymptomatic, expects jump in numbers

Thaiger

42 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Quite incredible stats from the UK today. Over 80% of people in hospital with Omicron were NOT admitted due to the covid variant. They were tested after arrival. Finally the media and its reporting is beginning to change. 

Dont worry  in 6  months theyll announce this in  Thailand also, probably by a "leading  Thai  doctor"🤣 after Anutjob has  let  us  know how the Thais  have fooled  covid and it stood  "no chance"  up against the land of the free/brave etc etc

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rain said:

You do the math. 

I did - one in twelve of those hospitalised with Omichron in the UK die of it.

Better than one in eight, which it started as!

3 hours ago, Rain said:

Not a struggle to figure out what's wrong with this picture.

Agreed there 😂!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, astro said:

One more time:

The issue is not decimation of the population, but an overload of the health care system.

2 hours ago, RampantRabbit said:

For  you maybe for me not so important

Understandable if you don't care about those waiting for hospital treatment and dying becaus of the wait  - six million in England at the last count, with well over 300,000 waiting over a year to start treatment for hip replacements and assorted transplants, while"The Royal College of Emergency Medicine, which represents emergency care doctors, also estimated that more than 6,000 patients a year were dying because A&E units were becoming so crowded."

To put that 6,097 patients a year dying because A&E units were becoming so crowded into perspective, that's more than four times the number that died in road accidents in the UK last year (1,516).

... and the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives (AACE) disclosed that patients in England are dying in the back of ambulances, in hospital and also in their homes because there are too few ambulances to answer 999 calls.

AACE also found that 160,000 people a year were coming to harm, of whom 12,000 experienced “severe harm”, because so many ambulances were tied up outside hospitals because A&E staff were too busy to accept the patients paramedics were looking after into their care"and have to wait up to 12 hours parked outside the hospitals.

Quite understandable that's not so important to you if you don't care abut them, though.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/18/a-and-e-overcrowding-uk-deaths-year-doctors-treatment

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/14/patients-are-dying-from-being-stuck-in-ambulances-outside-ae-report

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

Understandable if you don't care about those waiting for hospital treatment and dying becaus of the wait  - six million in England at the last count, with well over 300,000 waiting over a year to start treatment for hip replacements and assorted transplants, while"The Royal College of Emergency Medicine, which represents emergency care doctors, also estimated that more than 6,000 patients a year were dying because A&E units were becoming so crowded."

To put that 6,097 patients a year dying because A&E units were becoming so crowded into perspective, that's more than four times the number that died in road accidents in the UK last year (1,516).

... and the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives (AACE) disclosed that patients in England are dying in the back of ambulances, in hospital and also in their homes because there are too few ambulances to answer 999 calls.

AACE also found that 160,000 people a year were coming to harm, of whom 12,000 experienced “severe harm”, because so many ambulances were tied up outside hospitals because A&E staff were too busy to accept the patients paramedics were looking after into their care"and have to wait up to 12 hours parked outside the hospitals.

Quite understandable that's not so important to you if you don't care abut them, though.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/18/a-and-e-overcrowding-uk-deaths-year-doctors-treatment

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/14/patients-are-dying-from-being-stuck-in-ambulances-outside-ae-report

Lots of  use  of  "if"  in there, maybe you would  feel  happier if  I said I didnt  care to complete your  mental  picture  of me.  You  would  also need to include the reduction in rta's and other types of  illness/accidents   during that period  to counteract the  excess  deaths  in people waiting for  hospital treatments such as those working at  home which must have  reduced rta's  considerably, those  not  now exposed to outdoor health problems  such as air  pollution etc  Im interested  in the  bigger  picture. Most  people  only  care  about themselves.

https://wjes.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13017-021-00395-8

Traffic volume dropped sharply during the COVID-19 pandemic which was associated with significant drop in RTCs globally and a reduction of road deaths in 32 out of 36 countries in April 2020 compared with April 2019, with a decrease of 50% or more in 12 countries, 25 to 49% in 14 countries, and by less than 25% in six countries. Similarly, there was a decrease in annual road death in 33 out of 42 countries in 2020 compared with 2019, with a reduction of 25% or more in 5 countries, 15–24% in 13 countries, and by less than 15% in 15 countries. In contrast, the opposite occurred in four and nine countries during the periods, respectively. There was also a drop in the number of admitted patients in trauma centers related to RTCs during both periods. This has been attributed to an increase in speeding, emptier traffic lanes, reduced law enforcement, not wearing seat belts, and alcohol and drug abuse.

Conclusions

The COVID-19 pandemic has generally reduced the overall absolute numbers of RTCs, and their deaths and injuries despite the relative increase of severity of injury and death. The most important factors that affected the RTCs are decreased mobility with empty lines, reduced crowding, and increased speeding. Our findings serve as a baseline for injury prevention in the current and future pandemics.

Edited by RampantRabbit

On 12/27/2021 at 5:38 PM, DiJoDavO said:

And he took the bait. 😂

Who needs to say what, to make you say: hmm, Covid is officially not dangerous anymore? 

Can you still answer my question from the previous post? Because I'd like to have a view from a covid expert on this one. 

How can the UK (70.3% vaccination rate) suffer so much more from Omicron than where it was discovered; South Africa (26.6% vaccination rate)?🤔

In South Africa they have no clue what they are crying about in Europe. 

cuz  they  have naturally  induced protection from catching  previous types

2 hours ago, Rain said:

Something in the water?

Nah, many of them have already been exposed to  it  already with previous  variants so  have some protection already inc  the unvaccinated which is  many

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 3:49 PM, Rangers said:

Quite incredible stats from the UK today. Over 80% of people in hospital with Omicron were NOT admitted due to the covid variant. They were tested after arrival. Finally the media and its reporting is beginning to change. 

I'd be very interested to know where in the "media" you found that, since as I commented elsewhere all the sources I've seen say close to the reverse:

5 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Do you have a source for that?

I ask because all the sources I can find that give a figure suggest closer to the reverse - that it's 29%, not 80:

"The number of Covid-19 admissions includes people admitted to hospital in the previous 24 hours who were known to have Covid-19, plus patients diagnosed in hospital with Covid-19 in the previous 24 hours.

Separate data on hospital admissions suggests that 71% of Covid patients in hospitals in England on December 21 were primarily being treated for the virus.

The remaining 29% were there “with Covid”, suggesting they tested positive on arrival for another ailment or tested positive during their stay."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/england-admissions-b974351.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/england-covid-b1984559.html

That's after they all say the number of hospitalizations in England (or the UK where they refer to it) has gone up:

"The latest data from NHS England shows there were 11,452 people in hospital in England with Covid-19 as of 8am on Thursday, up 61% from a week earlier and the highest number since February 26....

...This is up 90% week-on-week and is the highest number since February 3."

Even those I found that didn't give a figure still said that it was a "majority":

"NHS England has said that Covid patients primarily being treated for something else still have to be separated from non-Covid patients and the virus can be “a significant co-morbidity”.

It added: “The majority of inpatients with Covid-19 are admitted as a result of the infection.

“A subset of those who contract Covid in the community and are asymptomatic, or exhibited relatively mild symptoms that on their own are unlikely to warrant admission to hospital, will then be admitted to hospital to be treated for something else and be identified through routine testing.

“However these patients still require their treatment in areas that are segregated from patients without Covid, and the presence of Covid can be a significant co-morbidity in many cases.

“Equally, while the admission may be due to another primary condition, in many instances this may have been as a result of contracting Covid in the community. For example, research has shown that people with Covid are more likely to have a stroke. In these cases people would be admitted for the stroke, classified as ‘with’ Covid despite having had a stroke as a result of having Covid.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/fall-proportion-covid-hospital-patients-135142951.html

I doubt they're all wrong, but it'd be very intertesting to compare them with your source.

24 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'd be very interested to know where in the "media" you found that, since as I commented elsewhere all the sources I've seen say close to the reverse:

Hahahaha. 🤣 Your figures are always worth a giggle. Absolutely brilliant Stonky. Maybe you just conveniently choose to search your info from your usual outlets. First thing you should watch is Nines interview with Humza Yousuff. Not sure if you know him but he's a health minister for Scotland, it makes very interesting viewing. In London 50% of people in hospital with omicron didn't go in because of it, they were tested after arrival with little to no symptoms. In the UK as a whole the figure is over 80%. So stop your scaremongering nonsense mate, it got boring months ago. 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:01 PM, RampantRabbit said:

Nah, many of them have already been exposed to  it  already with previous  variants so  have some protection already inc  the unvaccinated which is  many

All of which might be the leading factor of our eventual salvation in this fabricated Covid mess. 

2 hours ago, Rangers said:

Hahahaha. 🤣 Your figures are always worth a giggle. Absolutely brilliant Stonky. Maybe you just conveniently choose to search your info from your usual outlets. First thing you should watch is Nines interview with Humza Yousuff. Not sure if you know him but he's a health minister for Scotland, it makes very interesting viewing. In London 50% of people in hospital with omicron didn't go in because of it, they were tested after arrival with little to no symptoms. In the UK as a whole the figure is over 80%. So stop your scaremongering nonsense mate, it got boring months ago. 

So you don't have any source for that "80%" figure at all?

No surprises there.

What's most worrying about it is that if it's true (IF) then it's way more "scary" than anything I've said.

According to the UKHSA stats, between 1 in 8 and 1 in 12 of Omicron hospitalizations become Omicron deaths (die within 28 days).

If (IF) 80% of those didn't even know they had Omicron, as you claim, then that's scary.

Why?

Because for the last few years, pre-Covid, around 5.8 million people are admitted to UK hospitals every year.

Of those, around 220,000 die, or around 1 in 27. Now if you're admitted with Omicron, even if you're one of your "80%" who doesn't know about, it then you're two or three times more likely to die and you think that's a good thing 😯 ?

(note: that's not what I'm saying, just what @Rangers claim means if correct).

What do you think those virologists will "gain of function" next? Bio-warfare agents are not a new thing... look up the history of Gain of Function.

10 hours ago, Stonker said:

So you don't have any source for that "80%" figure at all?

No surprises there.

What's most worrying about it is that if it's true (IF) then it's way more "scary" than anything I've said.

According to the UKHSA stats, between 1 in 8 and 1 in 12 of Omicron hospitalizations become Omicron deaths (die within 28 days).

If (IF) 80% of those didn't even know they had Omicron, as you claim, then that's scary.

Why?

Because for the last few years, pre-Covid, around 5.8 million people are admitted to UK hospitals every year.

Of those, around 220,000 die, or around 1 in 27. Now if you're admitted with Omicron, even if you're one of your "80%" who doesn't know about, it then you're two or three times more likely to die and you think that's a good thing 😯 ?

(note: that's not what I'm saying, just what @Rangers claim means if correct).

So you didn't watch the interview then? Now there's a shock.

Nine is just one of the places you could look but those figures are everywhere now so you're obviously googling with the wrong glasses on.

When are you going to tell the group that you work for Pfeizer and its your job to scare us all? Come on, be honest with the team here. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers said:

So you didn't watch the interview then? Now there's a shock.

Nine is just one of the places you could look but those figures are everywhere now so you're obviously googling with the wrong glasses on.

When are you going to tell the group that you work for Pfeizer and its your job to scare us all? Come on, be honest with the team here. 

If you have a link to support anything you say, all you need to do is give it.

If you don't ... well ... all too obviously by now, you don't and it's pure fabrication.

This article seems to provide a reasonable explanation of hospitalisations and the challenges in determining if it is because of Covid-19 or if they were found to have it after being hospitalised (i.e. not the reason for being hospitalised).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/29/how-can-we-measure-the-true-scale-of-uk-covid-hospital-admissions

I haven't had a chance myself to review the actual data they mention, so will offer just for reading and not offer further comments.

11 hours ago, Stonker said:

If you have a link to support anything you say, all you need to do is give it.

If you don't ... well ... all too obviously by now, you don't and it's pure fabrication.

You're a scaremongering weapon Stonker, I've watched your posts for months and it's embarrassing. The virus is so terribly bad that the UK is scrapping pre departure testing, halving quarantine periods, scrapped the red list and announced the virus is 80% less likely to hospitalise. Guys like you will soon be bored out your head, no more talking nonsense on the internet trying to scare people.

5 members of my family had omicron this week, (3 fully vaccinated, 2 not). One had a headache for an hour, one had sore muscles for a night and the others didn't didn't know they had it. All of them tested negative again within 3 days. But yet guys like you are hiding behind your sofa terrifying the life out of people online. You're sick.