News Forum - Thai medic says most Omicron cases mild or asymptomatic, expects jump in numbers

Thaiger

9 hours ago, Rain said:

Simply - of the last two years the ideals of the overwhelming percentage [98.4] of recovered, asymptomatic, mild instances isn't marketable, less newsworthy. Even when it's real.

Needing to keep the populations in bogus fear and angst is what it's all about. 

As time passes, much of the populations are beginning to awaken as to the reality of this manufactured mess.

Right from the  off i posted on "that  other forum" that the death rate was  around 2% pre Omicron and that we should  focus  on the fact 98% would be ok.........deemed  not  taking it seriously and warned which I found rather pathetic............ Then I  posted some videos of  Dr  John Cambell who give a  nice  clear explanation of Covid.......deemed not a good  source, again suspended.......dont bother with "that forum" anymore.

At  least here they seem more relaxed with the rules.

I always  find it  hilarious to see  people on their motorbikes ( the vast majority) with a  mask on, but  no helmet, driving on the wrong side of the road at  night with no or  only  one  light on or the indicator  on as other lights  dont work, and they know they dont work.........but holy crap Covd is going to get em.

I  post  stuff  like this and the  genius  posters  already jump to their dumb coinclusions  about me, "anti  vaxxer"  blah  blah  blah they read a  few  posts they dont like an immediatley  shove you into a  category, as  hilarious as the  none helmet  mask wearers.

Edited by RampantRabbit
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RampantRabbit said:

Right from the  off i posted on "that  other forum" that the death rate was  around 2% pre Omicron and that we should  focus  on the fact 98% would be ok.........deemed  not  taking it seriously and warned which I found rather pathetic............ Then I  posted some videos of  Dr  John Cambell who give a  nice  clear explanation of Covid.......deemed not a good  source, again suspended.......dont bother with "that forum" anymore.

At  least here they seem more relaxed with the rules.

I always  find it  hilarious to see  people on their motorbikes ( the vast majority) with a  mask on, but  no helmet, driving on the wrong side of the road at  night with no or  only  one  light on or the indicator  on as other lights  dont work, and they know they dont work.........but holy crap Covd is going to get em.

I  post  stuff  like this and the  genius  posters  already jump to their dumb coinclusions  about me, "anti  vaxxer"  blah  blah  blah they read a  few  posts they dont like an immediatley  shove you into a  category, as  hilarious as the  none helmet  mask wearers.

I've never seen people with a cold or flu suffer from them for months and years, have you?

Have you seen healthy 40-50yr olds develop chronic issues from a bout of the flu?

My brother was a fit 55yr old

Ended up almost dying and was on a ventilator for 20 days and has seemed to age 20yrs from it

Can't walk more than 30 meters without stopping 

My co-workers 21yr old daughter has been consistently sick for a year after having covid 

Yes, you can play statistics and you are surely correct

That still leaves millions of people that have chronic issues that don't come with getting a cold or flu

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I've never seen people with a cold or flu suffer from them for months and years, have you?

Have you seen healthy 40-50yr olds develop chronic issues from a bout of the flu?

Ended up almost dying and was on a ventilator for 20 days and has seemed to age 20yrs from it

My co-workers 21yr old daughter has been consistently sick for a year after having covid 

That still leaves millions of people that have chronic issues that don't come with getting a cold or flu

Yet, your unfortunately examples belong to the extreme minority. 

Long haul conditions tend to be rare.....especially during the pre-vaccine era. 

There have been hundreds of millions of recovered that have never been bothered with long tern chronic ailments.

59 minutes ago, Rain said:

Yet, your unfortunately examples belong to the extreme minority. 

Long haul conditions tend to be rare.....especially during the pre-vaccine era. 

There have been hundreds of millions of recovered that have never been bothered with long tern chronic ailments.

But again, you don't see long haul conditions from the common cold or flu

You don't see the healthcare system being overwhelmed by the common cold or flu 

So don't compare it to the flu/cold

It's not a proper comparison 

I also don't get people not giving a shit about how overworked our Healthcare workers are.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

But again, you don't see long haul conditions from the common cold or flu

You don't see the healthcare system being overwhelmed by the common cold or flu 

So don't compare it to the flu/cold

It's not a proper comparison 

I also don't get people not giving a shit about how overworked our Healthcare workers are.

Agreed on all counts, @Marc26.

From some here, you'd think Covid was some novel disease where it's either a mild cold for millions or dead for a few, with nothing in between!

As for the healthcare workers, again you're right - it's a different ball game with the US and Canada vs UK. Not so much salaries, but conditions.  Little OT, and the Eastern Europeans, etc, that the NHS relied on now find themselves paying a mandatory surcharge for the NHS every year not only for themselves but also for their kids; throw in fewer but bigger hospitals so they have to live in overpriced city centres, and bean counters who charge the staff to use the hospital car park, and you've got a serious shortage of nursing staff in the public sector.

11 hours ago, astro said:

And you're still wondering why your responses aren't taken seriously....

Only by you and the others that got taken by this mass formation psychosis.

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

and u think I dont know that.

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Tens of thosuands die  of  flu every  year....every  year, in fact its  pretty  low  at the moment since covid came  along

7 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

Tens of thosuands die  of  flu every  year....every  year, in fact its  pretty  low  at the moment since covid came  along

Tens of thousands do die of flu per year

How many of those tens of thousands are healthy 40 and 50yr olds?

A tiny sliver

And again, for the 3rd time

How many people do you know who have had the flu have long haul complications from it?

Anyone, do you know anyone who has ever had long haul complications from the flu?

I guarantee you don't  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

In America the "degree" system is either a two year Associate Degree or a Four year Bachelor of Science Degree. Most nurses begin clinical work with the two year degree and many will not advance to the B.S. degree. If a nurse is aspiring to advance, to say advanced clinical work, or teaching or administrative functions, they will usually be required to achieve the B.S. Nurses, like the U.K. or Canada are in high demand and can command very good salaries. A.S. degree nurses right out of school will start from around $50,000 - $60,000 per year working a normal shift schedule with no OT. Even a small amount of OT can easily gain them another $10,000 per year. A B.S. degree nurse can add another $10,000 - $20,000 per year. 

This thread is about the rise of Omicron cases not about the pay rates of nursing in the US.

9 hours ago, RampantRabbit said:

Right from the  off i posted on "that  other forum" that the death rate was  around 2% pre Omicron and that we should  focus  on the fact 98% would be ok.......

Getting back directly on topic, while it may sound 'good news' that "98% would be OK" it's really all down to how you spin it.

Allegedly most of the country are likely to be unable to avoid Omicron - so let's be very conservative and say only half, so that's 35 million infections.

According to Dr Nithipat Jearakul, the head of the Department of Respiratory Disease and Tuberculosis at Siriraj Hospital, most of those will be asymptomatic and 'only' 2% will be "serious".

Well, that's 700,000 'serious' hospital cases which is a hell of a lot more than Thailand's had in the last two years.

... and if the UK's fatality rate of 1 in 8 of the hospital cases is the same here, that's 90,000 dead.

... and that's a hell of a lot more than Thailand's had in the last two years too.

Now, I wouldn't go so far as to suggest that seems likely as that really would be "scaremongering" in a big, big way but whether you like them or not those are undeniably the figures based on this "good news" report.

It's all in the spin ..... 😕

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RampantRabbit said:

Then I  posted some videos of  Dr  John Cambell who give a  nice  clear explanation of Covid......

While I don't disagree with a fair bit of what Dr John Campbell says, did you know he's not a virologist?

He's not actually a medical 'Dr' at all but has a PhD as an educator, and although he's a qualified nurse he's not as well qualified medically as some posting here.

4 hours ago, Marc26 said:

How many of those tens of thousands are healthy 40 and 50yr olds?

A tiny sliver

And again, for the 3rd time

How many people do you know who have had the flu have long haul complications from it?

Anyone, do you know anyone who has ever had long haul complications from the flu?

I guarantee you don't  

Let us not forget the tens of thousands that parish from ravishing wars every year....or even the tens of thousands that find themselves on the wrong side of motor vehicle associated deaths. 

Malaria or cancer related demise annually. Well into the tens of thousands. 

Etc, etc, etc...

Where's the fabricated comparative panic to be found?

2 hours ago, Rain said:

Let us not forget the tens of thousands that parish from ravishing wars every year....or even the tens of thousands that find themselves on the wrong side of motor vehicle associated deaths. 

Malaria or cancer related demise annually. Well into the tens of thousands. 

Etc, etc, etc...

Where's the fabricated comparative panic to be found?

I don't want to be rude and call you dumb

But I'm rude and that take is so frigging dumb!

Neither malaria or cancer are contagious 

Sorry but when someone makes that stupid comparison, they need to be called dumb 

Because it's these exact idiotic comparisons that are prolonging all of this 

Seriously, I refuse to believe you don't understand the difference between a virus that is contagious and other situations that are not contagious 

At least be an adult and have adult debates with your arguments and then you can be taken seriously 

• Like 2

On 12/28/2021 at 2:54 PM, Stonker said:

While I don't disagree with a fair bit of what Dr John Campbell says, did you know he's not a virologist?

He's not actually a medical 'Dr' at all but has a PhD as an educator, and although he's a qualified nurse he's not as well qualified medically as some posting here.

yes am  fully  aware of that but hes  way way  better than any govt source at explaining whats going on

On 12/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, Stonker said:

Getting back directly on topic, while it may sound 'good news' that "98% would be OK" it's really all down to how you spin it.

Allegedly most of the country are likely to be unable to avoid Omicron - so let's be very conservative and say only half, so that's 35 million infections.

According to Dr Nithipat Jearakul, the head of the Department of Respiratory Disease and Tuberculosis at Siriraj Hospital, most of those will be asymptomatic and 'only' 2% will be "serious".

Well, that's 700,000 'serious' hospital cases which is a hell of a lot more than Thailand's had in the last two years.

... and if the UK's fatality rate of 1 in 8 of the hospital cases is the same here, that's 90,000 dead.

... and that's a hell of a lot more than Thailand's had in the last two years too.

Now, I wouldn't go so far as to suggest that seems likely as that really would be "scaremongering" in a big, big way but whether you like them or not those are undeniably the figures based on this "good news" report.

It's all in the spin ..... 😕

Its  all  in the numbers %, when  I  qoute the numbers  many seem to think I couldnt give a shit, thats  not true but with a 98%  survival  rate its  not going to decimate the population, now if it was  more  like ebola  then thats a nother matter entirely

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, Marc26 said:

They still die  though just  like the many healthy roadkills

19 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

Its  all  in the numbers %, when  I  qoute the numbers  many seem to think I couldnt give a shit, thats  not true but with a 98%  survival  rate its  not going to decimate the population, now if it was  more  like ebola  then thats a nother matter entirely

One more time:

The issue is not decimation of the population, but an overload of the health care system.

Edited by astro
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, astro said:

One more time:

The issue is not decimation of the population, but an overload of the health care system.

Absolutely - particularly here, where there's simply not that much slack in the system.

So many people seem to think that all that matters is the fatalities - obviously that matters, but it's far from the whole story.

Quite incredible stats from the UK today. Over 80% of people in hospital with Omicron were NOT admitted due to the covid variant. They were tested after arrival. Finally the media and its reporting is beginning to change. 

36 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Absolutely - particularly here, where there's simply not that much slack in the system.

So many people seem to think that all that matters is the fatalities - obviously that matters, but it's far from the whole story.

The world over - still remains at 98.4% rate [of hundreds of millions] of asymptomatic, mid to tolerant infections, recovered, etc. - added: unnecessary hospitalizations, "testing" and promoted angst. As each progressive variants becomes less and less a factor. 

You do the math. Not a struggle to figure out what's wrong with this picture.

5 hours ago, astro said:

One more time:

For  you maybe for me not so important