News Forum - Risk of Covid-19 infection on flights increased due to Omicron

Thaiger

11 minutes ago, Rain said:

The big boss.

I believe ongoing "partner" actually. Momentary minor differences in/of opinion that  fade into irrelevance due to comprehension of the reality for a harmonious  life. Not joined at the hip but  joined at the heart and mind.

• Haha 1

I can understand that the experiences of many create negatives in cumulative set opinion of that opinion.

I suspect that the majority self rightiuosoly adopt the opinion of "correctness" in defense of personal failures  too often in the stubborn resistance of acknowledging some degree of  fault and failure.OR... recognition of  the expectations of the other which need be acknowledged as reasonable or unreasonable .

So back to risk involved in air travel.  Obviously it is an elevated risk. The "calculation" is the risk factors  involved in a a concentrated atmospheric situarto  that exists  from the moment of any using public transport involved including the aircraft. Risk assessment  established  via  msm etc.

So what is the risk factor?

Too dangerous ?

No is ok  cos I  can get  insurance !c  ok.

CHOK DEE!

1 hour ago, WilliamG said:

Unless you are getting fogging on your specs, which show that your breath is escaping un-filtered.

I always get fogging on my glasses, that means I am a good citizen right? 

7 hours ago, Dancbmac said:

My guess is the media keeping the hype going so they don’t lose advertising money.  Having no crisis is boring so it is big business keeping everyone scared waiting for latest updates and make money.  The common cold?  Not my field of expertise so I don’t really know.  For me it is an annoyance, as I am hoping to fly back to the States at the end of the month and hoping no flight cancelations like what happened with British Airways or the several domestic flights in the US the past few days.  I waited until Thailand started opening back up again so it will be easier to return without ASQ or Sandbox, but then this crap threw a wrench in the planning 😫.   I am concerned that Thai officials will lock things down too much again after the holiday season on 4 Jan and make it very difficult to return to Thailand or more expensive than needed.

Nah, my prediction is the Thai government will allow farangs who are triple vaxxed with either Pfizer, Moderna or AZ because both are effective against Omicron variant after Jan 4 with a Test & Go requirement still.

22 hours ago, Somchai said:

Meanwhile South Africa stopped contact tracing of Omicron patients , as the symptoms were  so mild , and resulted such a  low number of hospitalisations.

The average age in S Africa is 27.

The average age in Thailand is 41.

The demographics very different.

• Like 1

In the us hospital we were fitted and tested for  N95 masks. They  come in different sizes. Those who could be fitter had to wear  a  respirator. 

Just wearing a N95 mask doesn't mean you're protected. 

50 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Me.

4 times.

Or twice, there and back.

How did it go?

Where did you fly to/from?

I've done about 12 flights 

All pretty much the same as pre-covid 

With the exception of  my 1st flight out of Canada this May when my flight was only flight in all of YVR Airport

That was wild

Flying back to Canada can be stressful when checking in

Worry you don't have all the correct paperwork/testing results even when you do

But all and all, not much has changed 

And I actually like the extra cleaning efforts on the plane 

Oh and they have been a bit more diligent checking my wife's visas coming back into Canada than before so a couple times it took 10mins more at check-in

Was asked for our marriage certificate by border agent once, 1st time in 15 years 

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

How did it go?

Where did you fly to/from?

I've done about 12 flights 

All pretty much the same as pre-covid 

With the exception of  my 1st flight out of Canada this May when my flight was only flight in all of YVR Airport

That was wild

Flying back to Canada can be stressful when checking in

Worry you don't have all the correct paperwork/testing results even when you do

But all and all, not much has changed 

And I actually like the extra cleaning efforts on the plane 

All mine since March 2020 (Sri Lanka/Thailand) have been Thai domestic flights.

No issues..... but I can't understand why they social distance the seating in departures etc when you are then sitting shoulder to shoulder in a packed small tin can,

1 minute ago, Chaimai said:

All mine since March 2020 (Sri Lanka/Thailand) have been Thai domestic flights.

No issues..... but I can't understand why they social distance the seating in departures etc when you are then sitting shoulder to shoulder in a packed small tin can,

Yes I am as pro-covid rules as you can be

And I still find some just silly 

I will say, I'd vote for masks on planes forever and will likely wear them 

I would often get sick flying back from Thailand 

Being on Asian flights with Chinese hacking and coughing all the time

Love if those fcukers had to wear a maks forever 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Yes I am as pro-covid rules as you can be

And I still find some just silly 

I will say, I'd vote for masks on planes forever and will likely wear them 

I would often get sick flying back from Thailand 

Being on Asian flights with Chinese hacking and coughing all the time

Love if those fcukers had to wear a maks forever 

Chinese?

Not seen any of those fokkers for a long time...

Thankfully.

2 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Chinese?

Not seen any of those fokkers for a long time...

Thankfully.

Flying back to Vancouver 

Often through Hong Kong or Taiwan 

Most of the plane is Chinese and they all just cough and hack the whole flight 

12 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Really good question. I have flown twice last year all international.

One thing that always feels weird to me is the border agents aren't really involved in anything covid 

All handled at airlines 

Canada has an app we need to show them a receipt of our vaccines 

But that's it 

18 hours ago, Marc26 said:

How many of you have flown in the last year?

Did a flight Brussels-Frankfurt-Singapore-Phuket-Singapore-Amsterdam-Brussels end last year.
Paper control in Brussels, (extensive) paper control in Frankfurt, Singapore OK, Phuket airport test and straight to hotelroom. After 4 1/2 hours negative result.
Return: Test in Phuket, extensive paper control at Phuket airport, Singapore OK, Amsterdam not control whatsoever (sloppy health regulations), Brussels control of papers at exit of plane and again before luggage carrousel.

8 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Me.

4 times.

Or twice, there and back.

As did I. Twice in a period of 6 months [2021].

Most sensible and decent airlines [Asian carriers] are still taking caution as to their practiced mitigation protocol - as it should be. 

Reentry to BKK was during the COE/2-week quarantine program. Organized well with few hassles. 

Another report of a family (Danes this time) coming on holiday to Thailand and getting infected along the way! Personally I think anyone going on a holiday during a pandemic is an idiot and if they bring kids, both parents should be charges with the reckless endangerment of a minor on return to their home country!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, anarchofarmer said:

Another report of a family (Danes this time) coming on holiday to Thailand and getting infected along the way! Personally I think anyone going on a holiday during a pandemic is an idiot and if they bring kids, both parents should be charges with the reckless endangerment of a minor on return to their home country!

What if they leave their kids who then hold a Facebook party and burn their house to the ground, killing their grandparents who they'd locked in the cellar?

• Haha 1