News Forum - Thailand celebrates its 100 millionth vaccine, focuses on boosters

Thaiger

Health officials in Thailand celebrated the announcement that they have now administered its 100 millionth Covid-19 vaccine in the country. With the rise of the Omicron variant, more people are choosing to get the protection of a  vaccine, and officials are working to rapidly increase the number of third dose booster shots administered within Thailand as many brands have now confirmed they remain effective against the new strain but require 3 doses. A celebratory event was held to mark the 100 millionth vaccine administered in Thailand, with honorary plaques given to relevant agencies and personnel to show appreciation and build […]

The story Thailand celebrates its 100 millionth vaccine, focuses on boosters as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Irrelevant PR Statistic. What % Thai Adults are Fully Vaxxed with WESTERN Vax ? Near Zero ?

So little or no protection against Delta and Omicron, except natural immunity.

Of course we will never know. Official Secret no doubt. 

However (only) 21,500 thai deaths IS really impressive with 70 mill pop. & largely down to natural immunity.

• Like 1

There are  many many constraints on freedom of speech,here in Thailand  ! It stands to reason full Govt transparency falls victim  with it !

Statistics that favor Govt handling of the crisis are and will be greatly exaggerated!

Having a Health minister who’s prior experience before being appointed was in the  building construction business  and gravitated from there  as a politician ,says it all.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anutin_Charnvirakul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Irrelevant PR Statistic. What % Thai Adults are Fully Vaxxed with WESTERN Vax ? Near Zero ?

Plus some got 3 jabs, others nil.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Of course we will never know. Official Secret no doubt. 

However (only) 21,500 thai deaths IS really impressive with 70 mill pop. & largely down to natural immunity.

Well as you stated yourself, "21500 deaths for 70 million people is impressive" and whatever criteria it is "down" to, looks like "WERSTERN Vax" (why putting this in capital letters??) are not that urgently needed then since they, as you stated, have done pretty well without as many other non "WESTERN" countries around the world comparing to..."WESTERN" countries around the world.

Excellent point, actually.

51 million of the 100 million doses are Sinovac or Sinopharm, most of those Sinovac, as has been confirmed by the Chinese.

If double doses of Sino that means only half are fully vaxxed with AZ / Pfizer / Moderna, but if single dosed with Sino and second dose with AZ / Pfizer / Moderna that would mean none are.

Since a number have obviously had double AZ / Pfizer / Moderna that suggests it's maybe around a quarter of those vaccinated, so for the rest a 'booster' dose is effectively only a first or at best second dose.

All the latest studies show that any natural immunity against Omicron from prior infection either wanes more quickly than a vaccination or gives no protection at all (depending on the study / location).

The health authorities came to my village in August and again in September. I am told they are returning soon to offer boosters, a choice of Astra Zenica or Pfizer. I got the mix of Sinovac/Astra Zenica and now have no clue which is my best booster choice. So much conflicting information I'd be as well tossing a coin.

20 hours ago, riclag said:

Having a Health minister who’s prior experience before being appointed was in the  building construction business  and gravitated from there  as a politician ,says it all.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anutin_Charnvirakul

I'm not defending Anutin, but how many countries have a health minister with a medical background?

Does yours?

I can't think of any, not that that means anything.

Like any senior manager at that level, it's about listening to experts and weighing up their advice - I doubt he'd be any better doing tiling than he would an appendectomy, but that's not his job.

53 minutes ago, Manu said:

Well as you stated yourself, "21500 deaths for 70 million people is impressive" and whatever criteria it is "down" to, looks like "WERSTERN Vax" (why putting this in capital letters??) are not that urgently needed then since they, as you stated, have done pretty well without as many other non "WESTERN" countries around the world comparing to..."WESTERN" countries around the world.

Thai Govt. turned exclusively to effective WESTERN Vax, and stopped using ineffective Chinese Vax as Primary, back in April, when Delta started killing thais in their thousands. Previously, with only a hundred deaths, they may have believed ( without much science) that Sino was actually effective and only suspected thais natural immunity was very strong.

Well now they KNOW the answers to both issues and got lucky with the way events panned out.

Western People overall are horribly Unfit. Sedentary / Poor Diet / Addictive Lifestyle. Huge Obesity, Alcohol, Smoking & Drugs Epidemic. Covid found that out big time. Hence they died in hundreds of thousands, especially the elderly, prior to western vax, rather than mere thousands in SE Asia.

No Connection between superior western science and inferior western fitness.

Correlation though between high availability of free state medical care and high numbers of self- abusers relying on that to bail them out with new heart / liver / lungs, etc.

Forgive me, but these general points are well known,to even moderately informed people, including anti - western Putin / Xi trolls, and should not require explanation here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

#Thailandvaccination 100 million doses: yeah, CCSA... CELEBRATE, but do appreciate that

(1) the Gov had aimed at end-November for that target, and the target has been reached only by including over 5 million booster shots

(2) Omicron is now with us, and, despite the call for people to get boosters... 

(3) 37% of the population hasn't had a second dose yet, with a current (7-day avg)  daily 2nd dose  increase of only 0.35%.

So, certainly not opportune to sit on laurels.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Thai Govt. turned exclusively to effective WESTERN Vax, and stopped using ineffective Chinese Vax as Primary, back in April, when Delta started killing thais in their thousands. Previously, with only a hundred deaths, they may have believed ( without much science) that Sino was actually effective and only suspected thais natural immunity was very strong.

Well now they KNOW the answers to both issues and got lucky with the way events panned out.

Western People overall are horribly Unfit. Sedentary / Poor Diet / Addictive Lifestyle. Huge Obesity, Alcohol, Smoking & Drugs Epidemic. Covid found that out big time. Hence they died in hundreds of thousands, especially the elderly, prior to western vax, rather than mere thousands in SE Asia.

Correlation though between high availability of free state medical care and high numbers of self- abusers relying on that to bail them out with new heart / liver / lungs, etc.

Forgive me, but these general points are well known,to even moderately informed people, including anti - western Putin / Xi trolls, and should not require explanation here. 

Deltas Starting to kill Thai people in their thousands???? ????? And again???? What is that really? Fine it did a few people…a pandemic way? A disease kills sometimes but is the response to it appropriate?  The rest of your comment in that paragraph…badly informed you are , feel sorry for you.                Thanks again for the display and your time spent for it. Relevant point one after another to me tbut about the health of the westerners but you missed the point anyway… you have been told like myself that vaccines would sort it out but it has not, has it?                    The rest I don’t understand but thanks for taking this time for talking a normal talking way, we don’t have to agree and we’ll never will, at least we can talk at a human level.

7 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Well constructed - 

This offering needs to be repeated. 

I hate to break it to everyone but nobody is going to vaccinate their way out of this.  The sooner people learn to starting living with it the better imo.  Just like the common cold.  No I am not anti-vaxx.  Vaccinations definitely save lives, but they do not prevent you from catching it and perhaps being symptomatic no matter how many jabs or how many times they try update it for the latest variant.  People need to just accept that it is here to stay and people will keep getting sick no matter what.  Just like with the common cold and flu.

Edited by samiam123

1 hour ago, samiam123 said:

I hate to break it to everyone but nobody is going to vaccinate their way out of this.  The sooner people learn to starting living with it the better imo.  Just like the common cold.  No I am not anti-vaxx.  Vaccinations definitely save lives, but they do not prevent you from catching it and perhaps being symptomatic no matter how many jabs or how many times they try update it for the latest variant.  People need to just accept that it is here to stay and people will keep getting sick no matter what.  Just like with the common cold and flu.

None of you said makes any sense

Well except that we need to accept it is here to stay

But it is just factual(as you just said) that is does significantly reduce severity

And yes, it does also prevent contracting it as well, not at 100%, but vaccines do help against contracting it

But vaccines are what allows us to accept that it is here and live a mostly normal life

I am now double vaxxed/boosted. I am still cautious and follow guidelines, but I live my life, because of the vaccines......

• Like 1