News Forum - Test & Go registration suspended – Here’s what we know about entry to Thailand

Thaiger

29 minutes ago, astro said:

"The Thais" - that's an unfortunate generalisation, which doesn't hold water.

A good portion of Thais doesn't seem to be risk-averse at all, judging by the behaviour, such as tolerateing illegal, unscreened workers from neighbouring countries in, frequenting illegal bars, travelling without adhering to COVID regulations etc.

But no: international travellers, of whom a miniscule percentage turn out to be infected, need to be blamed & punished by closing the borders? Sounds like an irrational panic reaction to me.

Sounds fair to me. Thailand didn't invent the disease.

8 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

What a weird thought process you have that you feel you are being "punished" by another countries decision on their bother requirements 

It is such entitled behavior/thinking

Thailand owes you or any tourist nothing at all 

It's just simply bizarre thinking 

Who says I am a tourist? 😉

5 hours ago, Rangers said:

When you land and go through security you will do a PCR test before exiting the airport, they also give you your day 7 test to take away with you. It actually looks like an rapid flow test, haven't opened it all yet but looks that way. The instructions we were given weren't great but our reception at the hotel said they will deal with it. I will update you when we do it in a couple of days  

On the plastic bag of the rapid test there is a QR code. If you scan it you get complete instructions in English.
At first I also thought they only gave a paper with Thai instructions, but the QR code made it simple.

4 minutes ago, Alavan said:

On the plastic bag of the rapid test there is a QR code. If you scan it you get complete instructions in English.
At first I also thought they only gave a paper with Thai instructions, but the QR code made it simple.

Ok, thank you 

And still no to about natural immunity recovered from covid . Israel study shows 27 times less likely to get covid compared to vaccine but we get treated like 4 class citizen 

Can anybody help me out with the correct and latest info. I have a flight booked arriving Jan 2nd in Phuket. I've just received this from Google Alerts:

Travel restrictions from Ireland to Thailand have changed.

Ireland to Thailand
Negative COVID-19 test required before departure and 14-day quarantine
required on arrival.
There's a government travel restriction for Thailand related to coronavirus
(COVID-19). More details
(https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-reopening-happy-quarantine-nationwide/)

As you can see, it then leads into a crassly worded page from TAT. Only they could be dumb enough to think that it is apt to include "Happy Quarantine" in the page URL.

The TAT page relates to the Dec 22nd announcement, which exempts Phuket from these restrictions. However, there is no mention of this in the TAT pages. Can anyone tell me if the "no quarantine" for Phuket has been changed.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

Can anybody help me out with the correct and latest info. I have a flight booked arriving Jan 2nd in Phuket. I've just received this from Google Alerts:

Ireland to Thailand
required on arrival.
(COVID-19). More details
(https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-reopening-happy-quarantine-nationwide/)

As you can see, it then leads into a crassly worded page from TAT. Only they could be dumb enough to think that it is apt to include "Happy Quarantine" in the page URL.

The TAT page relates to the Dec 22nd announcement, which exempts Phuket from these restrictions. However, there is no mention of this in the TAT pages. Can anyone tell me if the "no quarantine" for Phuket has been changed.

Thanks.

Theres a saying,"plan for the worse and hope for the best". It probably relates to beatting the cut off or not. Have a safe journey.

• Haha 2

As I have always stated - I dont think it is wise for people to travel to Thailand (or any SEAsia country) for a short holiday while there are tests on arrival and mandatory quarantines in force. 

But with Omicron there is now another whole level to being 'wise' about it. Omicron is very very contagious - as clearly seen by the jump in numbers testing positive on arrival (and the unpublished hotel quarantined 'close contacts').  Likewise the daily case numbers are jumping big time all over the world, and there is the strong likelihood that quarantines will be placed upon arrivals in many countries - even those who previously did not test if fully vaccinated. Including those re-entering their home country after a holiday overseas - especially those to an SEAsian country. 

Thailand could all of a sudden have a massive spike in cases like we are having now in Australia - despite all the 'control' in the past. In Aust the Omicron daily case numbers are breaking all past records - but ICU and Death numbers are not jumping (yet? never will?).  Thailand could impose new lockdown and control measures at any time - and as a Military Govt they have far less concern over public/media reaction.

Perhaps the 'need/desire' of Govts worldwide to enforce lockdowns and quarantines, will be alleviated if there is release of clinical research that shows the Omicron wave is far less medically dangerous - and if the WHO and/or CDC declare that to be accepted/true.  But until then, what Govt would take the risk of doing what Thailand did over the Songkran holiday, which directly lead to a massive jump in cases and deaths. Maybe they will shut things down again - maybe not - but is it all really worth it for a short holiday to Thailand? 

Something to definitely think about before taking a short holiday to Thailand - is the risk worth it in the middle of a global pandemic that is currently experiencing another wave of infections.  As I and others will always say - plan for the worst, but hope for the best. But in 'planning for the worst' you must ask yourself 'is it worth it if something goes wrong' - because it can and it sometimes does. IMO dont come to Thailand for a short holiday now - wait.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 2:13 AM, Rangers said:

Given the number of positive cases across the world then how is it a stupid logic? Just because it doesn't suit your doom and gloom scaremongering logic doesn't make it untrue. Omicron is good news, get over it. 

Ok, so murders, car accidents and robberies are good news then?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Rain said:

Or something equivalent - if the truth were to be known. 

At least I am not a wannabe locked up in some institution in Portland. 😛

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

Ireland to Thailand
required on arrival.
(COVID-19). More details

Thanks.

What does the website from the Thai Embassy in Ireland say?

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

What does the website from the Thai Embassy in Ireland say?

The TH Embassy in DUB has been closed since the start of the pandemic. Suggestions are that it will not reopen, as Ireland has never had an embassy in BKK. There are honorary Consuls in several cities within TH.

Does anyone know what happens if you get a negative pcr test in thailand on arrival but the guy with you in the car to the hotel gets a positive test? Will they chose a quarantine hotel for you or are you free to choose one by yourself from the AQ hotel list?

4 hours ago, Rangers said:

You're really not making any sense. 

That was my intention, it is in response to the stupid comments which state if no one has seen the virus in action then it does not exist, that of course can then apply to anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesR said:

That was my intention, it is in response to the stupid comments which state if no one has seen the virus in action then it does not exist, that of course can then apply to anything.

The virus has become that mild that a large amount of people don't have a clue they have it.

A construction company here tested the squad of 15 guys and 6 of them tested positive with not one single symptom. The guys were baffled. How many others are there like that, its quite incredible. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers said:

The virus has become that mild that a large amount of people don't have a clue they have it.

A construction company here tested the squad of 15 guys and 6 of them tested positive with not one single symptom. The guys were baffled. How many others are there like that, its quite incredible. 

I see so that is proof none of the various versions of the virus are dangerous?

I wonder what all the people in hospital around the world are there for, the ones on respirators due to the virus, on holiday perhaps?

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 12:51 AM, Buzzkill said:

And still no to about natural immunity recovered from covid . Israel study shows 27 times less likely to get covid compared to vaccine but we get treated like 4 class citizen 

Agreed with you 100% - one of the things I learnt from listening to others here even if I strongly disagreed with them.

The problem is that unfortunately that immunity doesn't appear to extend to Omicron, Omicron doesn't appear to give immunity to other variants, and Omicron also doesn't appear to give any immunity to re-infection except for a very brief period.

3 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I see so that is proof none of the various versions of the virus are dangerous?

I wonder what all the people in hospital around the world are there for, the ones on respirators due to the virus, on holiday perhaps?

I got a bit lost with your argument a few posts ago to be honest, now you're just producing diarrhoea. Nobody said the virus wasn't dangerous when it came around, of course it was. But since then, things have moved on. We have vaccinated people 3 times and those not vaccinated have probably had the virus and therefore have the antibodies, on top of that the virus has mutated to something far less powerful (to say the least). So let's cut out trying to scare the sh*t out of people, I'm sure the world has suffered enough of that. Time to get a smile on your face and get on with your life again. 

• Cool 1

22 minutes ago, JamesR said:

ICUs are Health Spas for anti-vaxxers. 😛

• Like 1