News Forum - Hallelujah, Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli confirmed to perform at Phuket Countdown party

Thaiger

After the mix-up over whether Blackpink’s Thai-born star had confirmed to perform, Thai officials now say that – for sure – the famous Italian tenor, Andrea Bocelli, will perform at Phuket’s New Year countdown at Saphan Hin public park. With funds from the Tourism Authority of Thailand and the private sector, a 63-year old multi-instrumentalist will be the leading artist of the event, followed by famous local artists from the 1990s who will also perform during the event, according to Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn. The minister continued that TAT is also planning countdown activities in Chiang Mai, Nakhon […]

The story Hallelujah, Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli confirmed to perform at Phuket Countdown party as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Waste of money. 

Utterly . . . but try telling TAT that, hopefully before they calculate the financial loss that this farce will have incurred . . . by next summer maybe, given the usual 6-months that it takes this shower to admit their shortcomings.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Utterly . . . but try telling TAT that, hopefully before they calculate the financial loss that this farce will have incurred . . . by next summer maybe, given the usual 6-months that it takes this shower to admit their shortcomings.

Well the financial loss on this might not be as big as the hospitizations from the Omicron mutation and the Delta that is still running wild. I wonder if they will account for where all of the, and I mean all of the money/funding spent went or disappeared to. Meaning pocket lining.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Phiphat said the ministry is prepared to present a new phase of the “We Travel Together” hotel subsidy scheme to the cabinet this week, including at least 2 million room nights

That's the idea ... get everyone travelling ... we spread Covid together ... 😂

• Like 1

They are going to cancel Test and Go for entry into Thailand due to the concerns of Omicron, but they will let these large gathering continue.   Didn’t they learn from Songkran in 2021?  In March of 2021, there was an outbreak of the Alpha variant in Bangkok, the officials knew this and still let people travel from Bangkok to other provinces.  What happened after Songkran?  A massive surge in Covid cases which led to lockdowns and curfews.   The same thing will happen again in January 2022!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

I am so ignorant and uninformed, I thought Bocelli was the latest covid variant. 🤔 Doh 

I thought it was an italian wine🤣. I also had a girlfriend called Andrea😍

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stonker said:

But he's a household name in Phuket he's so popular ... isn't he 😯 ?

Aed Carabao is a household name everyone knows and maybe even Toon his nephew, but unfortunately Aed has lost a lot of face for coming outright for whom he supports.

I would like to take a poll down there and the question to every Thai, and i mean every Thai - is: What is opera? Rome is the Capital of what country? And perhaps, does the Pope poop in the woods?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

He's a fantastic Opera singer, but will Thai people appreciate it?

Indeed, do Thai people even like classical music?

Anyway, it wasn't a mix-up with Lisa, so 'fess up & say you made a pig's ear of the imaginary booking.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

I am so ignorant and uninformed, I thought Bocelli was the latest covid variant. 🤔 Doh 

No, but his mutation might be the new one!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Faraday said:

He's a fantastic Opera singer, but will Thai people appreciate it?

Indeed, do Thai people even like classical music?

only target for certain group of thai people

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Not if you are getting a 20% finders fee

What I can't quite wrap my head around is how the Thai girl dancers are going to dance to his singing. Put in some go-go poles and hot Thai gals in slinky outfits and nobody will notice or care?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I know I am being very sceptical (again), but I have checked both the official facebook site and his official webpage, but I cannot see any mention of Andrea being in Phuket.  I dont think he will be there.

https://www.facebook.com/andreabocelli/

https://www.andreabocelli.com/tickets

Maybe he has recorded a few songs for the event and they will be played over a large TV entertainment system at the event?  Maybe he will perform 'live' via an online feed over that same type of system? Maybe they are still in negotiations?   

1 minute ago, AussieBob said:

but I cannot see any mention of Andrea being in Phuket.

I bet one of the parties are going into this Blind!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I know I am being very sceptical (again), but I have checked both the official facebook site and his official webpage, but I cannot see any mention of Andrea being in Phuket.  I dont think he will be there.

Perhaps it's a misunderstanding and they've booked Andrex.
I hear he's soft, strong and goes on for very long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5