UFO’s and Alien Abductions: Are they real?

JohninDublin

On 1/5/2022 at 10:59 PM, oldschooler said:

Disagree. Humanity is Unique. In Genius & Brutality. Alone. 
DaVinci Mozart Einstein Socrates types can’t possibly exist elsewhere…sorry.

All European. 

How convenient. 

1 minute ago, Rain said:

All European. 

How convenient. 

Western European actually. Convenient How ? Could add Newton, Faraday, Tesla, Edison, Brunel, Michelangelo……name your eastern / African  / Latin artistic & scientific modern geniuses then at that level…..I honestly don’t know any …. in the ancient world there must have been many non-European geniuses though.

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Western European actually. Convenient How ? Could add Newton, Faraday, Tesla, Edison, Brunel, Michelangelo……name your eastern / African  / Latin artistic & scientific modern geniuses then at that level…..I honestly don’t know any …. in the ancient world there must have been many non-European geniuses though.

Actually there were many scholars in the middle East during the middle ages who massively progressed sciences like maths and medicine. They are not household names to us in the west though and today such activities are often proclaimed as haram.   

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 6:17 AM, DesperateOldHand said:

Who's to say that these advanced species haven't been "tending their garden" here for ages. 

The harvest might occur when you least expect it.

Yeah and this may how head hunters and cannibals got started by carrying on with the program

• Cool 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Actually there were many scholars in the middle East during the middle ages who massively progressed sciences like maths and medicine. They are not household names to us in the west though and today such activities are often proclaimed as haram.   

Certainly Right. Persians, Egyptians , Syrians, all conquered peoples under Arab rule , from Classic Ancient World. Kept civilization alive in Spain and Near East after Roman & Greek civilizations collapsed……

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

On 12/16/2021 at 1:24 AM, JohninDublin said:

Let me start with a disclaimer. This is very much American phenomena and therefore most of the references I make will be to the US. It does not mean I am indulging in “Yank bashing”.

Anyway, I am no scientist. I might be wrong, but this is what I understand.

Until the mid-1990’s it was believed the Earth and our Solar System were unique. It had planets and some of those planets were capable of sustaining life. Then they started discovering other planets. There are over 500 known to date, and most weeks, another is discovered.

The fact there are other planets, does not automatically mean there is life on them. In order to sustain life, the current knowledge is water is essential. The further a planet is away from the star in its own solar system, the colder it will be, the more likely it will be covered in ice and though it has water, it is no use for sustaining life. On the other hand, the closer it is to the star, the hotter it will be, and too hot, it will be incapable of sustaining life as we know it. Cue Star Trek theme. So, of all the planets discovered so far, only those within a certain range of a star will be capable of sustaining life. This does not mean there is life on any of these. However, I will qualify that by saying, in a Universe where there are billions of stars, it seems unbelievable to me we are the only planet with life, let alone intelligent life. I believe statistically, there must be life on other planets, including intelligent life.

Where I do have problems is in believing they have been visiting our planet. The reason for this is the distances involved. The nearest star to our sun is Alpha Centauri (AC), 4.5 light-years away. A planet has been discovered in that system. Whether it’s close enough to AC to sustain life, I couldn’t tell you. What I can tell you is when we launch spacecraft, they travel at 17,000 mph through space, and it would take about 180000 years for a rocket launched from this planet to reach AC.

If we have been visited by another planet, it seems logical to presume they are well ahead of us technologically. But by how much? 4.5 light-years is about 27 trillion miles. If their rockets can reach 1,000,000 MPH, a journey would take about 3100 years. At 10 mill MPH, about 310 years.  If it could travel at the speed of light, it would still take 4.5 years. Presume it is manned, and then start to think about how big it would have to be, supply just one crew member. Presume the pilot wants to return home after his trip, and now you have to double the size of the craft.

Of course, one explanation of how this might be achieved is the “Worm Hole” Theory. As I’ve said, I am not a scientist, and I am not sure I understand it, or can even clearly explain what I think it is, but I’ll try.The theory appears to be based on the proven concept; space is curved. If you can imagine the Universe as the spindle from a toilet-roll.Go around one side to the other, you will eventually arrive back where you started from.

But imagine you are looking at the spindle-like it’s a telescope. Rotate it 90 degrees, and there are two holes at 1 degree and 359 degrees, instead of travelling the full 360 degrees, you go through the hole and suddenly you are on the other side of the Universe. This also allows for the possibility of time travel. Of course, it’s just a theory and as far as time travel is concerned, the fact we have yet to have evidence of visitors from the past or future suggests that it will remain a theory.

So have we been visited by Aliens? My view is that the logistics of this are such, as to make it near impossible. But here’s a thought for you. If I am wrong and Aliens are sending back live feed to Planet X in the AC system, it will be just about now; they will be watching Usain Bolt’s attempt to win his 7th, 8th and 9th Gold medals in Rio.

So how do I explain Alien Abductions, if it’s unlikely we have ever been visited by aliens, or that they even exist? 

Well, the first thing to say about this, is many of the “abductees” have been interviewed by eminent Psychiatrists and Psychologists, and the general consensus from these sources is these people are not lying, and they do believe it happened to them. Think of all those people in the US who believe that the 2020 election was or wasn’t stolen? If you believe something to be true, you might be mistaken, but saying what you believe does not mean you are lying.

So whatever I believe about the unlikelihood of visitors from another planet, I will not accuse these people of being liars.

But one of the first things that occur to me, is how the US with about 4.5% of the planet’s population, has over 90% of all “known” abductions. Now add to that, the Psych’s perception of the sincerity of abductees, and I think I might have an explanation for much of this mainly US phenomenon.

Cast your minds back to the ’80s and ’90s. Two of the regular topics we used to see in those days were Crop Circles and False Incest Memory stories. With regard to the first, I mention it because those were often quickly debunked as practical jokes, but it also coincided with an increase in UFO sightings, and stories were also gaining currency about alien abductions.

In those days, there were plenty of people who looked at these stories, and wondered if we were really being visited by extraterrestrial beings? One thing I found strange is I never read about African Americans being abducted. One possible explanation was they are more likely to live in urban locations, and all abductions were reported in rural locations. Another possible explanation, which I shall explain shortly, is due to them usually being less wealthy than white people, they were far less likely to use the services of Psychiatrists, Analysts, etc. Incidentally, and just an appropriate aside, in the early days of Psychiatry, etc, these people were often called “Alienists”. Bear that in mind as you read the rest of my post.

And at the same time, again almost exclusively in the US, we were reading a slew of stories about ritual sexual abuse of children by Satanists and even sacrifices. Unusual as these stories were, what was more unusual is these were never stories of police coming across such activities. These were all sourced from young men and women years after the event and “came to light” after being hypnotised by shrinks.

What would happen, is Billy Jo would be unhappy and could find no reason why this should be so. A friend would tell him/her that he used to feel like that too until he went to visit his/her analyst. They then went to see the Analyst or whatever and underwent hypnosis. The thing many people don’t know about hypnosis is the more suggestible the subject is, the easier it is to use hypnosis.

So, he puts someone into a trance-like state that is relatively young, maybe in late teens or early ’20s, he starts out with the assumption if there is any trauma in their life, it probably happened when they were kids. And he starts by saying, “I want you to go back to when you were 7 years old and tell me what you see”. An incoherent response and the next question is, “Are you alone”? Then maybe another incoherent response from someone who is effectively talking in their sleep. “Is Daddy with you”? “What is he doing”?

It needs to be added at this stage, that the shrink has heard plenty of recent stories about child sexual abuse coming to light as a result of hypnosis. He wants to rule that out, but as the session goes on, he asks more and more pointedly leading questions, and because he is dealing with someone who now has a 7-year-old mindset, the patient does what many kids that age do, and tries to please the adult. The shrink’s behaviour is not unique. Videos of such interviews have been shown of Social Workers investigating claims of abuse using exactly this technique on real 7 yr olds.

All over the US, there were thousands of cases reported of child sex abuse being discovered as “repressed memories” by hypnosis.

It all came to a head when one shrink started linking several children in one town to a single Satanic Cult. Basically, through leading questions he was able every time he “treated” one of these people who were in their twenties, to eventually get a picture of all the parents, dressed in black robes, abusing each other’s children. He managed to find two girls who corroborated each other’s story about being at the same event when they were, say 7. All the parents were horrified at what their own children were accusing them of. But the accusations quickly imploded.

Regarding the two children who corroborated each other, one set was a Military family who was stationed in Germany when they were claimed to have been in the US taking part in these acts. Parents started suing, and very soon after, Insurers withdrew cover for such claims. I’d like to tell you it ended happily ever after, but some of the patients could not believe they could have been deluded, albeit unintentionally, into thinking this had happened, unless it actually had. Even though many of the analysts who were sued, conceded their practices were sloppy, some of the patients broke off contact with their parents, because they could not be convinced this was a false planted memory.

By now, anyone reading this must be thinking I’ve gone seriously off-topic, but there is a connection with this and supposed alien abductions. Youngsters were still feeling sad, and people were still saying to them, “I know a great shrink. He helped me. You should pay him a visit”. And there were those who did. They underwent hypnosis and discovered the reason for their anguish, is they had a repressed memory of being abducted and sexually abused by aliens. Suddenly, all the cases of being ritually sexually abused by Satanist parents disappeared. What is the chance of an alien suing one of these shrinks?

I did mention earlier Alien Abduction is, as far as I know, a “white thing”. I suspect the same applies to most of those who were “sexually abused”. Maybe an explanation is, not only are black people more likely to be urban dwellers but not too many of them can afford to spend $100 for an hour’s session with a shrink each week.

One of the things I never discovered from the investigations by shrinks, is how many of the “abductees”, were reporting repressed memories after visiting other shrinks. One possible explanation for that is the potential headline, “Shrinks suggest visiting a shrink can make you crazy”. Not good for business, I think.

So, my conclusions are that (1) I think it is highly unlikely we have been visited by aliens because of the logistics. (2) No Aliens = No alien abductions.

I think it’s fair to say, that though I can find some humour in the subject, I have not gratuitously mocked those who believed they were abducted. I’ve also not even touched on the myriad of credible sightings of UFO’s, or as they are now called, UAP’s . The “U” in both cases means: Unidentified or Unexplained. Readers may have seen one, in which case, I’d be interested to hear of their experience. I can’t speak for others, but I do promise anyone that wants to write about their experience, will not be mocked by me.

As I said, I am not a scientist. Every few years, we hear about a new scientific discovery, especially in Astrophysics, accompanied by the saying, “This discovery will rewrite the laws of science”. Who is to say that as far as the logistics of interstellar travel are concerned, the Aliens have not rewritten the laws of science, and forgotten to tell me about it. On that basis, I could be wrong!

I feel an Alien force behind this posting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2022 at 3:17 AM, Rookiescot said:

Most of everything Europe knows originates from the wiser East.

Then next 10 years will undoubtedly be another paradigm shift in Astrophysics due to the James Webb telescope poised at the La Grange point 2 right now preparing to send us information from nearly the point of the so called Big Bang. My personal view, is that there is indeed intelligent life out there, the known universe, and its composition is so vast and the fact that we have such bio-diversity on this planet coupled with that vastness of space and time makes it impossible not to have other life other than us. I suspect that any intelligent beings who have evolved enough, have the technology to know we exist, and/or can travel here, would likely consider us a form of proto-life, like an ameba or bacterium. Thus we are simply not that interesting at the moment, let alone be able to communicate in any meaningful way. Should our current iteration survive long enough to get to a point that we can begin detecting them... then they will make contact. We have a long way to go before that day, should we survive long enough. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Rain said:

Most of everything Europe knows originates from the wiser East.

The Greeks and Sumerians were kinda important here and there. 

On 1/8/2022 at 3:17 AM, Rookiescot said:

Iran has a nuclear program. It can't be 100% haram ("forbidden")?

2 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Keep Mickey Mouse out of this.

Weeelll, Mystic Meg said that there was gonna be a 4some - whatever that is, with Minnie.

Then there's Olive Oyl...why her surname is Oyl, I'll leave to your imagination....

Sounds disgusting. 😂

Back on topic.

The US allegedly have an aircraft called the TR3B which is triangular in shape, which may account for some UFO sightings.

• Like 1

Blimey I've just found this thread like a worm falling through a black hole in space .. for what it's worth if there are any aliens out there my best advice is , don't bother with this place boys , fly straight past or you'll end up getting gangbanged and your spaceship will be thieved off you coming down here .. but in the event of some paying a visit :-

an alien fave' chocolate is a Mars bar apparently and they need an asteroid belt to keep their strides up ..

• Haha 3
  • Cool 1

On 1/12/2022 at 4:49 PM, Freeduhdumb said:

Then next 10 years will undoubtedly be another paradigm shift in Astrophysics due to the James Webb telescope poised at the La Grange point 2 right now preparing to send us information from nearly the point of the so called Big Bang. My personal view, is that there is indeed intelligent life out there, the known universe, and its composition is so vast and the fact that we have such bio-diversity on this planet coupled with that vastness of space and time makes it impossible not to have other life other than us. I suspect that any intelligent beings who have evolved enough, have the technology to know we exist, and/or can travel here, would likely consider us a form of proto-life, like an ameba or bacterium. Thus we are simply not that interesting at the moment, let alone be able to communicate in any meaningful way. Should our current iteration survive long enough to get to a point that we can begin detecting them... then they will make contact. We have a long way to go before that day, should we survive long enough. 

And we do fancy ourselves in the sense that we're all that.....but reality might have a different spin and perspective.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple of Dick Solomons amongst us here on this forum judging by their posts.

Aliens are all around us.👾

Edited by Marble-eye
  • Cool 1

29 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple of Dick Solomons amongst us here on this forum judging by their posts.

Aliens are all around us.👾

And we are already alien or partially alien. 

1 hour ago, Rain said:

And we are already alien or partially alien. 

Ah, I understand now, you are one of us, but don't worry your secret is safe with me.

Any messages from the Big Giant Head?

2 hours ago, Rain said:

And we do fancy ourselves in the sense that we're all that.....but reality might have a different spin and perspective.

Lol. Pun intended? Galileo certainly had a different spin of and perspective (his confirmation of Copernican theory that we are not the center of the universe). And his 8 year house arrest and eventual death can attest to how the powers that shouldn't be really don't like discovering the truth. 

On 1/8/2022 at 2:53 AM, oldschooler said:

Evidenced by …….? Chinese exploration & trading fleet reached India and East -Africa 1442 then Emperor said China is now Closed opening way for 500 years of European / Western world domination.

Deluded historic perspectives.

On 1/15/2022 at 7:31 AM, Freeduhdumb said:

Lol. Pun intended? Galileo certainly had a different spin of and perspective (his confirmation of Copernican theory that we are not the center of the universe). And his 8 year house arrest and eventual death can attest to how the powers that shouldn't be really don't like discovering the truth. 

House arrest has been reduced to 7 days, aren't you following the news? 

On 1/15/2022 at 8:19 AM, oldschooler said:

Proof ?

Plenty of sources available. 

Shouldn't be fearful of shedding what is real and what isn't.

Good luck with the research.