News Forum - The 77 Percent — The retirement age impasse

Thaiger

How long do you want to work before retiring? In most African countries the retirement age is 60. But in Uganda, some civil servants want to change their age legally so that they can stay in the job market for longer. Unsurprisingly, young Ugandans who face crippling unemplyment are very much against the idea. On this week’s show we delve into this issue which is also being debated in Zambia. SOURCE: DW News

The story The 77 Percent — The retirement age impasse as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why are there so many Africa articles on this site about Thailand?  This article is talking about Uganda and Zambia, there's another article about Ugandan public servants (wtf?), there's another article about AfricaLink (whatever that is), and another article about Sudan.  No one cares about these things on TheThaiger which is about Thailand.  The only reason I even clicked on this article was to comment that it shouldn't be here.  

• Like 4

The Thaiger over the past few weeks has been increasing both Africa and S. Asia coverage in (my guess) an attempt to appeal to a broader audience. This seems to be being done to supplement the already extraneous foreign news coverage of the US, UK, and Australia and bring more viewers/readers to their various outlets.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JMJM said:

Why are there so many Africa articles on this site about Thailand?  This article is talking about Uganda and Zambia, there's another article about Ugandan public servants (wtf?), there's another article about AfricaLink (whatever that is), and another article about Sudan.  No one cares about these things on TheThaiger which is about Thailand.  The only reason I even clicked on this article was to comment that it shouldn't be here.  

omicronian

4 hours ago, JamesE said:

The Thaiger over the past few weeks has been increasing both Africa and S. Asia coverage in (my guess) an attempt to appeal to a broader audience. This seems to be being done to supplement the already extraneous foreign news coverage of the US, UK, and Australia and bring more viewers/readers to their various outlets.

ever heard of SEO and trailing SoMe hashtags? Thaiger is doing pretty good job on SERP, i have to admit :) 

nothing surprising here... lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

ever heard of SEO and trailing SoMe hashtags? Thaiger is doing pretty good job on SERP, i have to admit :) 

nothing surprising here... lol

Yeah, It does amaze me about how many of my searches return Thaiger content. If only they could hire writers as good as their tech people.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Yeah, It does amaze me about how many of my searches return Thaiger content. If only they could hire writers as good as their tech people.

i did poke Thaiger few times about it :) 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JamesE said:

No writers, just re-hashers. Thaiger is a news agglomeration site.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Poolie said:

No writers, just re-hashers. Thaiger is a news agglomeration site.

Few "re-hashers" either.

Just put the original article into a re-write app, as you would into Google translate, and it comes out re-written complete with monumental mistakes which are never proof-read.

Amusing sometimes ... 😂.

• Like 1