News Forum - First Omicron death reported in UK, variant now accounts for 40% of London cases

Thaiger

2 hours ago, Rangers said:

There is a big difference between dying with Omicron and dying because of Omicron. My wife registers deaths here in the uk and the covid figures are a sham, if it was a young fit healthy person the media would be telling you that. 

... so do you have any actual facts or evidence to support that?

Any at all, as all the actual evidence is that the figures ommitted around 20,000 who died early on in care homes?

2 hours ago, Rangers said:

There is a big difference between dying with Omicron and dying because of Omicron. My wife registers deaths here in the uk and the covid figures are a sham, if it was a young fit healthy person the media would be telling you that. 

From memory there has only ever been one person who had covid when they died, but was not recorded as having died from it. This persons name is George Floyd. 

13 minutes ago, nobusinessofurs said:

Your a good little sheep, keep towing the line

As it is with too many, the lucid cognitive abilities fall into the usual abyss.

And if repeated loud and often enough - all becomes real and true. 

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

No, the rate of increase isn't speculation, it's fact as so far it's doubled every two and a half days.

If it increases at that rate, "hardly anyone" becomes tens if not hundreds of thousands.

Sorry if that doesn't suit your agenda that it's all a fraud.

Well firstly what is my agenda supposed to be? I am posting my opinion on an online forum, like you… do you have one? I am not even sure what kind of agenda would be of posting bla bla bla etc… Rate of people infected… ok let’s be a little careful, protect the most vulnerable and stop the nonsense panic and get on with our lives. Doe this opinion seems irrational to you? Is this opinion on a small online forum an agenda of any sort? 

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

... so do you have any actual facts or evidence to support that?

Any at all, as all the actual evidence is that the figures ommitted around 20,000 who died early on in care homes?

Is that the care homes where the elderly go to live out their final years / months / days ?

• Like 1

Nobody should rationally care. Govt & MSM fear -generation again. Pushing people to Boost. All early indications are that Omicron is no worse than Delta. Except for AZ providing no protection unless boosted. so boost away, stay or get healthy with diet & exercise changes, and stop worrying. it does not help. and leave off the freakin’ return of restrictions ! anybody not vaxed/ not fit/ not optimised with correctable underlying conditions deserve the consequences. the fit innocent vaxxed denied non- covid hospital care do not. obese / alcoholics/ smokers/ druggies should all have stopped self - abusing in March 2020 and be fit & vaxxed by now…..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fluke said:

If the Omicron virus isn't as severe as the previous variants and its only mild , it would mean the end of the pandemic and we can all get back to normal 

Some people don't want to hear positive news unfortunately, they thrive on lockdowns and misery. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Faraday said:

This seems to me as if it's scaremongering.

The lockdowns in the UK, & the restrictions, were, according to my sister, gruelling & frightening.

There seemed to be light at the end of the tunnel, with restrictions being lifted. Now, an unproved virus, that appears not to be 'as bad as Covid' appears.

So those scant details released will scare people.

Wonder why they would do that....?

Because its doubling every two 2 days Faraday if you read it fully instead of bits you picked out you would know why its spreading that fast.

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Is that the care homes where the elderly go to live out their final years / months / days ?

Where are they expected to go fluke when there struck down with dementia and bed ridden ??

7 hours ago, Fluke said:

They are still doing tests on the Omicron virus and initial results suggests that its not as severe as the previous variants and it is quite mild . 

Thats not a wish, that's scientific research 

What part don't you understand Fluke the Omicron virus is a mutation on a previous Variant, the Delta variant. The Worlds top Scientist's cannot say its ok its only weak.  We have to know if it is we cannot accept it because it " looks " not that bad. Covid will be with us for many years it will mutate again and the next variant could be worse this is not guessing this is proven Data due to the first case of Alpha it mutated it has now mutated into Omicron it will mutate again and again. Do you understand now. The flu virus mutates we know this because we tweak our yearly flu jab. The same will happen with Covid but it takes time. Don't forget we never even hear'd of Covid till two years ago.

10 hours ago, Faraday said:

And ....we're off!! 🐎

"Died with Omicron"

I haven't seen any details about the person, such as age, pre- existing factors, or whether they just died of natural causes.

Was the person vaccinated...?

The first death of omicron world wide and no info. Africa with the most Omicron cases has zero death so further details should be delivered, for sure. Some also forgot how many people die with a flu each year in Germany 25 000 to 30 000 each year. So if he had any imun issues or other health issues it should be mention especially when world wide were no other death cases.

• Like 2