News Forum - “Sandbox” entry scheme to remain at 7 days, CCSA reverses move to cut down stay

Thaiger

The period of stay under the “sandbox” entry scheme will continue to be seven days. The CCSA approved to cut the period down to five days, but tightened measures after the emergence of the Omicron variant. Under the entry scheme, travellers who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 can enter and roam freely in a designated province or area, such as Phuket or Koh Samui, as an alternative The “sandbox” scheme is an entry option for vaccinated travellers, with the exception of those arriving from African countries due to the emergence of the Omicron variant. Those who are vaccinated and travelling […]

The story “Sandbox” entry scheme to remain at 7 days, CCSA reverses move to cut down stay as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The CCSA approved to cut the period down to five days, but tightened measures after the emergence of the Omicron variant.

Some day this will be a college case study on how to create confusion, and doubt in the minds of potential tourists. 

• Like 1

Why is there no Turkey among 63 countries? I have had four vaccinations. Why do you keep us apart, our country's situation is better than many other accepted countries.

• Like 1

Just now, yasar said:
Why is there no Turkey among 63 countries? I have had four vaccinations. Why do you keep us apart, our country's situation is better than many other accepted countries.

Wait until 25 December....

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Some day this will be a college case study on how to create confusion, and doubt in the minds of potential tourists. 

Some day there'll be a study on why tourists were stupid enough to travel at all given the current constantly changing circumstances everywhere. 

• Like 2

Hi, I am Currently in thailand and suppose to go back to Germany for 3 weeks. I had covid a few weeks ago but have a recovery letter. I am still testing positive on the pcr. Can I still return to thailand with a positive pcr test but with a recovery certificate? TIA 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Taje said:

Hi, I am Currently in thailand and suppose to go back to Germany for 3 weeks. I had covid a few weeks ago but have a recovery letter. I am still testing positive on the pcr. Can I still return to thailand with a positive pcr test but with a recovery certificate? TIA 

Can I travel to Thailand if I have previously been infected with COVID-19?

Yes. However, you must provide proof that you have recovered already within 3 months by presenting a “Certificate of Recovery” and proof of a single dose of Covid-19 vaccine.

Those who have been infected with COVID-19 and have gotten a single dose of the COVID-19 vaccine within 3 months of recovery are considered completely vaccinated.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/thailand-pass-faqs

• Like 2

Unless a winter bird or ties to Thailand very very few tourists will come because of these ridiculous sandbox programs. The competitors offer much better deals.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Taje said:

Yes and no. Yes, you can go back to Germany, if you are German (or have a similar status). No, you are not allowed to board an airplane. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michael0510 said:

Yes and no. Yes, you can go back to Germany, if you are German (or have a similar status). No, you are not allowed to board an airplane. 

2 hours ago, satpete said:

you will get no flight if pcr test still positive, I believe

Exactly - an airline won't fly you either way if you're testing positive.

In Thailand, you should still be quarantined and in isolation.

8 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Can I travel to Thailand if I have previously been infected with COVID-19?

Yes. However, you must provide proof that you have recovered already within 3 months by presenting a “Certificate of Recovery” and proof of a single dose of Covid-19 vaccine.

Those who have been infected with COVID-19 and have gotten a single dose of the COVID-19 vaccine within 3 months of recovery are considered completely vaccinated.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/thailand-pass-faqs

Hi and thanks for the reply, I did read this but I’m still a bit worried because I am testing positive. So if I can not give a positive pcr test but have the recovery certificate I will be able to enter on the test and go scheme. I am double vaxxed and flying with Thai airways. Thanks 

11 hours ago, Stonker said:

Some day there'll be a study on why tourists were stupid enough to travel at all given the current constantly changing circumstances everywhere. 

If you're adaptable and can roll with the changes (there might be a song there...) it's really no problem traveling right now. If you want things to proceed exactly as planned with no uncertainty or surprises then you should stay home.

1 hour ago, Taje said:

Hi and thanks for the reply, I did read this but I’m still a bit worried because I am testing positive. So if I can not give a positive pcr test but have the recovery certificate I will be able to enter on the test and go scheme. I am double vaxxed and flying with Thai airways. Thanks 

If you have a positive test they will not allow you on the plane regardless of your recovery status. (This is assuming that the positive test is the one you got just before flying). If - somehow - you managed to get on the plane and tested positive on arrival you would be taken to a quarantine hospital or hospitel and locked up until you tested negative. Your vaccine status is only important for your Thailand Pass, your negative PCR test is what gets you onto the plane, your negative test on arrival is what gets you to the Go part of Test & Go.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The period of stay under the “sandbox” entry scheme will continue to be seven days. The CCSA approved to cut the period down to five days, but tightened measures after the emergence of the Omicron variant. Under the entry scheme, travellers who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 can enter and roam freely in a designated province or area, such as Phuket or Koh Samui, as an alternative The “sandbox” scheme is an entry option for vaccinated travellers, with the exception of those arriving from African countries due to the emergence of the Omicron variant. Those who are vaccinated and travelling […]

The story “Sandbox” entry scheme to remain at 7 days, CCSA reverses move to cut down stay as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I have vaccinated family wanting to come in February. Do they need to first stay in a Bangkok “sha” hotel for a night ? Meaning I cannot pick them up my self at the airport? 

9 hours ago, Faraday said:
10 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

So what happens December 25th?

Father Christmas comes......

As long as he doesn't test positive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taje said:

You'll need to find a clinic that will guarantee a negative covid test prior to flying. Will probably cost a little more than the standard test.

13 hours ago, Taje said:

you can if you want to stay in ASQ for as while

• Haha 1

I am really struggling to understand why anyone would use the sandbox anymore since fully vaccinated people only have to stay one night in an hotel waiting for their test results done on arrival before being off to wherever they wish. In fact, even with the sandbox you have to stay in your room the first night waiting for the same test done on arrival. Very strange.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hendrik said:

I have vaccinated family wanting to come in February. Do they need to first stay in a Bangkok “sha” hotel for a night ? Meaning I cannot pick them up my self at the airport? 

Correct, they will need to follow the procedure for test and go. Which means that you cannot pick them up at the airport. The arranged transportation ensures that individuals make it to the SHA hotel and do come in contact with general public until after tested.

• Like 1