Tobacco Kills; The end of Smoking?

Shade_Wilder

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh toughen up buttercup. Its only cigarette smoke. 

Did I say ignorant and selfish?..................................thanks for the confirmation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chaimai said:

Yep........ you just lost the neutrals.

Nah I dont think the neutrals care. Its only the health nazis who get animated. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

I totally agree with every word you say, but what I find really disconcerting is when a government is supposed to be working for us are actually dictating to us what we can or cannot do. Educating people is the answer not running a mother knows best attitude, Jacinda Adern has to be the biggest control freak in all of all civilised countries, she is creating a two tier society in NZ, pretty much forcing their citizens to take the covid vaccines or you won't be part of our society, she is some scary woman.😕

Yes I 100% agreed with what you said about lobbying 

They are scum.....

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Nah I dont think the neutrals care. Its only the health nazis who get animated. 

So non-smokers are 'health Nazis'?

You are out Gumping Forrest with your ongoing stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kellio48 said:

There will always be people who will find whatever other people do to enjoy themselves, to be disgusting.
Thank God these people are a minority.

Smoking is literally one of the only vices where it directly impedes others 

Comparing it to drinking it absurd

95% of the time people drinking doesn't directly impact others 

Smoking almost always does 

Just now, Chaimai said:

Did I say ignorant and selfish?..................................thanks for the confirmation.

And you are not ignorant and selfish for demanding everyone complies with your wants?

At the end of the day this argument is asinine. I dont care what you want and you dont care what I want although I do make accommodations for non smokers around me.

You on the other hand make no such concessions. 

• Like 1

Just now, Marc26 said:

Smoking is literally one of the only vices where it directly impedes others 

Comparing it to drinking it absurd

95% of the time people drinking doesn't directly impact others 

Smoking almost always does 

Except when the visit violence on people while under the influence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeerIsLife said:

This authoritatian attempt just shows how evil the left is. Already, 90% plus of NZ adults are non smokers. The smoking percentage of the population has been steadily decreasing. Yet that is not enough. Gotta plant the boot squarely on the neck of those holdouts!

It is easy to legislate, but hard to persuade. Do you really want men with guns going shop to shop and enforcing compliance? Throwing people in cages for illegal possession? Ironic in the days where cannabis products are being legalized world over.

Nope it's not enough

Need to eradicate your disgusting, selfish habit

Anything less than a total ban of your inconsiderate weak addiction is unacceptable 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

They are in some countries. Go live there.

What? Not here thank good ness. I think that you have it the wrong way around.  I suggest Turkey for your new home. 

57 minutes ago, palooka said:

Think the drug problem is more in need of urgent attention than someone smoking.

Someone is using these tons of drugs, cocaine, ice, meth, etc that flood countries and possibly those same users are driving cars, buses and trains, operating machinery and in a lot of instances endangering life, someone who is smoking sensibly is only endangering their own life.

Most don't smoke sensibly

Almost all of them are inconsiderate assholes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

Nope it's not enough

Need to eradicate your disgusting, selfish habit

Anything less than a total ban of your inconsiderate weak addiction is unacceptable 

They would be better served to educate kids not to start. Which has been successfully done for at least the last 30 years in the UK. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

What? Not here thank good ness. I think that you have it the wrong way around.  I suggest Turkey for your new home. 

Most pubs in Thailand allow smoking. There are many which are aircon pubs which do not. You can use those.

9 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And you are not ignorant and selfish for demanding everyone complies with your wants?

At the end of the day this argument is asinine. I dont care what you want and you dont care what I want although I do make accommodations for non smokers around me.

You on the other hand make no such concessions. 

Ha

Do you realize how pathetic you sound, saying people should make concessions for your addiction???

Ridiculous......

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Most pubs in Thailand allow smoking. There are many which are aircon pubs which do not. You can use those.

well fortunately for me, I don't frequent bars.

My parents smoked heavily, everywhere, house, car, outside, inside. The damage they must have inflicted on their children was unacceptable and it was due to ignorance. Anyone who smokes close to others now is also ignorant and anti social,  there is no excuse for it in 2021, Smoke if you wish, but do it in private. 

9 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Ha

Do you realize how pathetic you sound, saying people should make concessions for your addiction???

Ridiculous......

Whats pathetic? Complaining about others smoking in a pub which you dont even go into?

So if you had your way there would be no smoking and no drinking. Are there any other vices your moral crusade frowns upon? Golf maybe? Cycling? Prostitution? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Smoking "sensibly"........

Spoken like a true smoker.

Ex and think it a disgusting habit but some smokers find it hard to quit and some cannot so their bad habit  must be tolerated.  Many smokers are responsible smokers in that they are aware of the negatives of their habit and take measures to not affect others. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Except when the visit violence on people while under the influence.

Absolutely that does happen for sure 

Nor even close to the every day imposition that cigarette smokers impose on non-smokers 

And that is also illegal but a smoker can blow smoke anywhere they want.

But hopefully in 10yrs time they will be banned 

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Whats pathetic? Complaining about others smoking in a pub which you dont even go into?

So if you had your way there would be no smoking and no drinking. Are there any other vices your moral crusade frowns upon? Golf maybe? Cycling? Prostitution? 

It's not a moral crusade

I mean I guess I could say most smokers are immoral because they are selfish, inconsiderate assholes

But it's really a I hate people who are inconsiderate

And most smokers are.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, palooka said:

Ex and think it a disgusting habit but some smokers find it hard to quit and some cannot so their bad habit  must be tolerated.  Many smokers are responsible smokers in that they are aware of the negatives of their habit and take measures to not affect others. 

No, most smokers are not considerate 

It's the complete opposite 

Most will stand near doorways, especially if it's cold and raining 

Most walk down the street and don't care where their smoke is going

Most throw their used cigarettes button on the ground

Most get their fix, then don't care how bad they smell in a room, plane, etc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

It's not a moral crusade

I mean I guess I could say most smokers are immoral because they are selfish, inconsiderate assholes

But it's really a I hate people who are inconsiderate

And most smokers are.....

Well it all comes down to choice doesn't it.

I enjoy smoking.

That fact it annoys people like you is just a bonus.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

No, most smokers are not considerate 

It's the complete opposite 

Most will stand near doorways, especially if it's cold and raining 

Most walk down the street and don't care where their smoke is going

Most throw their used cigarettes button on the ground

Most get their fix, then don't care how bad they smell in a room, plane, etc 

Your experience, mine is a little different. I have seen ignorant smokers physically attacked for smoking.

They don't want to go to Australia then, that sort of behaviour is frowned upon and they would be told to move on quickly as that can now be a police matter as is smoking around  children is a serious Police matter. As for smoking on planes, if they are that stupid then they deserve the jail time.