News Forum - PM praises public after Bangkok rating for best city in the world for a “workation”

Thaiger

2 hours ago, Dancbmac said:

Did I say that?  I have no idea if Thailand’s education system is good, average, or crappy since I never went to school here or had kids that went to school here.  Maybe you didn’t read my whole question?  I believe I asked @vendettaand not you if he could expand on his comment for better understanding on how he knows about this and also my Thai wife was interested on more details.  How can I say if the education system “is crappy” or “any good” without any data, which is why I asked the question.  So since you often question most comments people make in this forum and sometimes put words into other’s questions like, “Are you saying the education system isn’t “crappy, when someone like myself just asked a question, because I did not know when I asked so I went and looked it up and Wikipedia had this ranking for education 54 of 70 countries (2015) and has been dropping since 2012.  Not sure why Wikipedia only ranked 70 countries, as my understanding according to worldmeters.info, there are currently 195 countries globally??  Anyway, since I did not get an answer from the person I asked, I found an answer based on some data from the internet and @vendettawas generally correct, but not sure how he based the 12 years old age comment and he might have other data or experience as I did not find this info and really not that big of a deal for me.  I just wonder where the figure came from that is all.

My sources in case you want to know that I based my reply to you on, though the data is dated (2015)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Thailand

https://www.worldometers.info/geography/how-many-countries-are-there-in-the-world/

I try to participate in this forum, but I have to say many, not all, longtime members make the experience miserable so I usually just move on without adding anything.

AA157940-7968-4D01-949A-7BEF1387A81F.jpeg

6F3B5416-5DC0-46EE-AF86-8327D9A878F1.jpeg

Sorry, I don't really understand your point as I was simply asking you a similar question which I thought you could shed some light on as you'd said your wife was a teacher, but the second quote you've got at the end of your post, with my name on it, wasn't made by me - that's your own comment, not mine. 

16 hours ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, I don't really understand your point as I was simply asking you a similar question which I thought you could shed some light on as you'd said your wife was a teacher, but the second quote you've got at the end of your post, with my name on it, wasn't made by me - that's your own comment, not mine. 

When I did the quote to reply I don’t know how your name was on it?  It should have been on the attached photo with yellow highlights

I was replying to your comment on my question.  Apparently when one uses the quote button the whole conversation isn’t included, so the whole context was not added to what I wrote yesterday.

Anyway, I asked a question because I did not know about Thailand’s education system was so crappy after 12 years old

Stonker replied: So you are saying ………. Highlighted in yellow  (I wasn’t sure how I was saying anything, just asking a question which was my point)

If so, Highlighted in yellow. I’d be equally interested to know what that is based on?

(If I knew something different I would have added it with a possible source instead of asking my question.  I based my question of not knowing what @vendettaknows)  I agree I equally like to know how some comments are based upon, another country’s standards, maybe business standards, personal experience, assumptions, or other possible sources.  We all come from different walks of life & careers, and have different perspectives. 

My reply yesterday: Did I say that? (I’m guessing my asking a question means that I said that the education system isn’t crappy???).  I also mentioned that my Thai wife was a school teacher (she taught at an international high school and not a Thai public school) and she was interested on @vendetta comment that after 12 years old education goes downhill and was curious why that is.

2970D313-3362-4118-B2EC-E1A847DAA3CB.jpeg