News Forum - Top US scientist says Omicron “almost certainly” no more severe than Delta

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

So thousands if not millions should have been allowed to die or end up severely ill just so your business could stay open?

What business you running?

Funeral parlor maybe?

Eh? I'm lost here, where did I say anything like that? 

2 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Eh? I'm lost here, where did I say anything like that? 

You said that lockdowns and travel restrictions etc should never have been introduced because its all fear mongering. 

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You said that lockdowns and travel restrictions etc should never have been introduced because its all fear mongering. 

Show me where I said those words, you'll have quite a task trying to find them. My post was a response to the poster who thought I hadn't been affected by covid, I was just explaining to him how I had been affected. Everyone in the world has been affected in some way, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I thought people should die because of my business though. Very strange post to be honest. 

18 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Show me where I said those words, you'll have quite a task trying to find them. My post was a response to the poster who thought I hadn't been affected by covid, I was just explaining to him how I had been affected. Everyone in the world has been affected in some way, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I thought people should die because of my business though. Very strange post to be honest. 

Erm maybe this....

"It's quite incredible isn't it. Despite the fact lockdowns destroy people's mental health, destroy businesses, the economy and delay cancer treatments."

Or this .......

"So you think Omicron just appeared 2 weeks ago? Let's be honest, it's probably been here for months without any of us knowing. You've got to wonder how long can the media get away with this "we don't know enough about this horrific new variant". It's scaremongering and tiresome."

"So you admit it's probably been here for months and yet there's still been zero deaths? so why the need for all the fear? You need to stop watching the news, It's bad for your health."

Stay with me.....

"That will upset the Lockdowners."

Yup....

"Yeh because masks and lockdowns stopped the virus, didn't they. Haha, your posts get better by the day. Someone needs to cut this plonkers internet off. "Just a thought"

Seeing a trend yet?.......

"No, what's annoyed me is the complete and utter scaremongering. As if the media isn't bad enough, up steps guys like stonker on forums online."

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Erm maybe this....

"It's quite incredible isn't it. Despite the fact lockdowns destroy people's mental health, destroy businesses, the economy and delay cancer treatments."

Or this .......

"So you think Omicron just appeared 2 weeks ago? Let's be honest, it's probably been here for months without any of us knowing. You've got to wonder how long can the media get away with this "we don't know enough about this horrific new variant". It's scaremongering and tiresome."

"So you admit it's probably been here for months and yet there's still been zero deaths? so why the need for all the fear? You need to stop watching the news, It's bad for your health."

Stay with me.....

"That will upset the Lockdowners."

Yup....

"Yeh because masks and lockdowns stopped the virus, didn't they. Haha, your posts get better by the day. Someone needs to cut this plonkers internet off. "Just a thought"

Seeing a trend yet?.......

"No, what's annoyed me is the complete and utter scaremongering. As if the media isn't bad enough, up steps guys like stonker on forums online."

So i didn't actually say the words you claimed I did then? Imagine that. Anyway, all these things posted on the Omicron thread, Could it be we were discussing Omicron then? Not one single person has died of Omicron. However time after time we see the same people screaming for lockdowns and extra restrictions (for Omicron). What else can we do other than get vaccinated and carry on our lives? Viruses mutate, that's what they do. You can't lockdown every time it mutates. The virus is here to stay, we just need to live with it. 

Edited by Rangers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

I dont debate fools.  no equivalence between true science and crackpot theories.anti - vax is long since discredited as nonsense. period.

That’s your ultimate argument. None. A sentence. It is so low, it raised my case from my previous comment. Also I am vaccinated so not sure hot does that fit as well with your single sentence. Can’t comprehend your obvious hate neither.

• Like 1

just stop at “can’t comprehend”…..plain english, sense and facts clearly not your thing … I have made a number of basic factual points…. which you and your type as usual fail to address…..typical of people with nothing sensible to say… instead you introduce more deflecting gibberish……nobody of any repute defends anti- vaxxers…..they are despised not hated…..they comprise around 97% of covid hospital deaths in UK/USA……they occupy ICU beds that should be servicing non- covid cancer or respiratory cases…….

all quite embarassing here  for your forum “reputation”…. but do please carry on……I’m quite enjoying the beating you’re taking…….perhaps the rest of your silly silent troll group can join in ! “ your case” ? you have’t made any “case” ….because you dont have one…in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence for getting vaccinated.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

just stop at “can’t comprehend”…..plain english, sense and facts clearly not your thing … I have made a number of basic factual points…. which you and your type as usual fail to address…..typical of people with nothing sensible to say… instead you introduce more deflecting gibberish……nobody of any repute defends anti- vaxxers…..they are despised not hated…..they comprise around 97% of covid hospital deaths in UK/USA……they occupy ICU beds that should be servicing non- covid cancer or respiratory cases…….

all quite embarassing here  for your forum “reputation”…. but do please carry on……I’m quite enjoying the beating you’re taking…….perhaps the rest of your silly silent troll group can join in ! “ your case” ? you have’t made any “case” ….because you dont have one…in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence for getting vaccinated.

I would have read your comment if you had not mentioned qnon crap or else, but if you think that I am a nut case then you must be one to think that you are not one.

Edited by Manu

12 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

He he… No value of any sort but some of the same irrational original  hate. English is not my first language so sorry if comprehend was not good for you. I like it personally. Apart from that.. let’s leave it there like gentlemen.

Edited by Manu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rangers said:

So i didn't actually say the words you claimed I did then? Imagine that. Anyway, all these things posted on the Omicron thread, Could it be we were discussing Omicron then? Not one single person has died of Omicron. However time after time we see the same people screaming for lockdowns and extra restrictions (for Omicron). What else can we do other than get vaccinated and carry on our lives? Viruses mutate, that's what they do. You can't lockdown every time it mutates. The virus is here to stay, we just need to live with it. 

Yes we understand. You dont like lockdowns because for you, personally, it was bad. Which was my point in my original reply. You have just demonstrated that I was right.

Lives were saved though because of lockdowns. I'm sorry if that inconvenienced you but such is life. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes we understand. You dont like lockdowns because for you, personally, it was bad. Which was my point in my original reply. You have just demonstrated that I was right.

Lives were saved though because of lockdowns. I'm sorry if that inconvenienced you but such is life. 

A large percentage of my work is done in Sweden, a country that didn't lock down. Their death rate must've been horrific, I wonder if there will be anyone left when I go back. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Now you're just clutching at straws my friend, a simple Google search at the figures tells you that is simply untrue. 

Wait. All you vaxxers claim you cant trust google.

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Wait. All you vaxxers claim you cant trust google.

Google filters the news and can't be trusted. Dr Knumnut Fausi is worse and says anything for attention. That leads us back to we don't know.

23 hours ago, DigitalCriminal said:

vaxxed are factories for new mutants, and mass vaccinations during ongoing pandemic drives it futher, its a perpetum mobile con.

And u can read about it in medical books

tell it to the polio victims then