News Forum - Thai Immigration launches online 90 day report system

Thaiger

24 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Okay. My bad.

I have done 4 or 5 online reports and never realised that was the case tbh, I always assumed it was like in person where you got 90 days from reporting.

Just checked my old 90 days online receipt and I did indeed always get 90 days from approval and not the due date.

@Bluesofa you have been blessed 😇 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, atiger said:

I've lived in Thailand for nearly 20 years and never reported for 90 Days using any method.

Agent  ? 20 Year Overstay ? he he ……

• Cool 1

On 12/20/2021 at 10:24 AM, Bluesofa said:

Yes, I can see that in some of the posts.

It might be a good idea if members mention which immigration office they come under, when posting about their 90 day online experience.

This was the Sakon Nakhon Immigration office. They have always sent me a very prompt reply in the past. Getting two replies with dates over a month apart suggests to me the new system is not locally in operation yet. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 7:32 AM, stuhan said:

Mine is pending, but rejection could be fact there's no option to show flight no or visa type when you fill in the form details but when they send you a copy of your form tm 47 they magically appear and empty of your visa type and flight no info so maybe that's why they reject it.

Not the reason as mine had the same data missing on submission but was approved after a lengthy wait. Fingers crossed it's just a new operator with too many applications to wade through. I'm pretty sure mine was not issued from my local IO as the other reply was clearly marked with the office details unlike the new system reply. 

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to ask their local office what is going on ?

I wonder if it will it be centrally submitted and updated in future when on line, I hope not as it's much easier dealing with a local IO. 

11 minutes ago, gazmo16 said:

Has anyone been able to ask their local office what is going on ?

I wonder if it will it be centrally submitted and updated in future when on line, I hope not as it's much easier dealing with a local IO. 

All I can see is that looking at the name of the IO, it's the same name with the new system as the old system.

Not that it means much, as I'm not sure if it was a local IO before, and if it was the system could be just printing the name of the local IO depending on where you're registered.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

Not the reason as mine had the same data missing on submission but was approved after a lengthy wait. Fingers crossed it's just a new operator with too many applications to wade through. I'm pretty sure mine was not issued from my local IO as the other reply was clearly marked with the office details unlike the new system reply. 

Mine came back approved in less than 6 hrs so yes the missing info was not the reason for rejection, agree not my local I.O as i made a typo mistake on my address, small but it still came back approved which tells me this new system is starting from scratch .🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stuhan said:

Mine came back approved in less than 6 hrs so yes the missing info was not the reason for rejection, agree not my local I.O as i made a typo mistake on my address, small but it still came back approved which tells me this new system is starting from scratch .🙂

I'd agree it is starting from scratch, as when the confirmation of your application (not the approval) was emailed back instantly, I see in the address field called 'Address No' (like house number) it was missing from the .pdf they sent.
Not a big problem, but I did enter the house number.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I'd agree it is starting from scratch, as when the confirmation of your application (not the approval) was emailed back instantly, I see in the address field called 'Address No' (like house number) it was missing from the .pdf they sent.
Not a big problem, but I did enter the house number.

I entered my house no 5 but my keyboard is faulty and put 55, still not a problem i will just leave it , don't want to complicate things further.🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, stuhan said:

I entered my house no 5 but my keyboard is faulty and put 55, still not a problem i will just leave it , don't want to complicate things further.🤣

Wow, your keyboard stutters.  Well, either that or you've got the DTs 🤣

• Haha 1

My experience was interesting. I filed about 30 days before it was due just to see what would happen. (In the past there was "window" of I think you could only file online 15 days before due, but no later than 7 days before.)

No window now? Mine was approved quickly, a matter of a few hours. 

Re: IO signature: my wife says it is signed by the 2nd ranking boss of immigration, NOT a local officer. 

My conclusion: no human eyes are looking at the application, it is all automated.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SteveM said:

My experience was interesting. I filed about 30 days before it was due just to see what would happen. (In the past there was "window" of I think you could only file online 15 days before due, but no later than 7 days before.)

No window now? Mine was approved quickly, a matter of a few hours. 

Re: IO signature: my wife says it is signed by the 2nd ranking boss of immigration, NOT a local officer. 

My conclusion: no human eyes are looking at the application, it is all automated.

That's interesting to see you were able to submit it so early and get approval. Did the new 90 days start from the date you submitted or follow on from when the old one would have expired ?  I'm just trying to gauge if there will be a future benefit to early submissions or not. 

Hi, sorry for asking this very simple question but I could not find the appropriate official information on any Thai government website:

Do you have to do the 90 days reporting if you have a tourist visa which has been extended within those 90 days twice?

it would be great if you could also share the link to that information if possible.

thanks for your help.

Edited by PeterBKK2021

Do you have to do the 90 days reporting if you have a tourist visa which has been extended within those 90 days twice?

No, you've already 'reported' when applying for extension.

• Like 1

Finally!!! I may be putting the cart before the horse, so this is only an initial reaction which is only substantiated by the application process. Hence, I am awaiting confirmation. The application itself, went through without a hitch.

I am curious why the application didn't ask for type of visa (tourist/non-imm) or TM6 information, however. 

I suspect that is an initial step in the registration process  and is a prerequisite to each 90 day report going forward?

What am I missing?

What's the next step?  

On 1/3/2022 at 7:51 AM, Thai_James said:

I am curious why the application didn't ask for type of visa (tourist/non-imm) or TM6 information, however. 

I suspect that is an initial step in the registration process  and is a prerequisite to each 90 day report going forward?

What am I missing?

Great question! The auto-generated TM47 looks to be incomplete, making me wonder whether an incomplete TM47 will be rejected. It's unclear what to expect, now. 

7 hours ago, ThailandBob said:

Great question! The auto-generated TM47 looks to be incomplete, making me wonder whether an incomplete TM47 will be rejected. It's unclear what to expect, now. 

It does look incomplete but mine went thru ok.  Perhaps they now link with the main Immi dbase with all info so it's really just an address check.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Perhaps they now link with the main Immi dbase with all info so it's really just an address check.

Looks like that's exactly correct. This was my 4th 90-day report, so my fligh4 number and arrival info was probably unnecessary.

I received another email that states my application for staying longer than 90 days is approved. Attached was a PDF with the standard page they staple into the passport. I assume I just print it and replace the current insert with it.

1 hour ago, ThailandBob said:

Looks like that's exactly correct. This was my 4th 90-day report, so my fligh4 number and arrival info was probably unnecessary.

I received another email that states my application for staying longer than 90 days is approved. Attached was a PDF with the standard page they staple into the passport. I assume I just print it and replace the current insert with it.

I'll keep the old report in case there's a glitch when I do my next extension. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought

- new passport not recorded in database

- changed residency

- input error of information

I would go or call the immigration office and ask why rejected.

What does "Special one stop service" on TM47 online form mean? Do we need to check it? I got rejected too. No reason. 

20 hours ago, Nivram said:

Just a thought

- new passport not recorded in database

- changed residency

- input error of information

I would go or call the immigration office and ask why rejected.