News Forum - Alcohol restrictions ease in some Nakhon Ratchasima districts, tourism scheme launches

Thaiger

Seven districts in the Isaan province Nakhon Ratchasima will be easing alcohol restrictions as a pilot tourism scheme launches. Restaurants that pass SHA stands will be allowed to serve alcoholic drinks until 10pm.  Pubs, clubs, karaoke, entertainment venues, and massage parlors remain closed. According to the deputy governor Chusak Chunkoh, seven districts in Nakhon Ratchasima province, formerly knowns as Korat, will reopen under the tourism pilot scheme to boost the economy in the region. The move came after a meeting of the provincial Covid-19 Countermeasures Command Centre yesterday, and the names of the seven districts that will be open are […]

The story Alcohol restrictions ease in some Nakhon Ratchasima districts, tourism scheme launches as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

hello everyone, could anyone explain what is the situation in koh samui in terms of restaurants and alcohol serving? I am wondering whether to spend NYE there or in Krabi

26 minutes ago, pdk said:

hello everyone, could anyone explain what is the situation in koh samui in terms of restaurants and alcohol serving? I am wondering whether to spend NYE there or in Krabi

Samui is better then Krabi.
Both are not vividly alive but if need to choose then Samui over Krabi.

alcohol is allowed in restaurants which are approved by gov't - pretty much a lot on Samui.

Edited by Shark
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Seven districts in the Isaan province Nakhon Ratchasima will be easing alcohol restrictions as a pilot tourism scheme launches.

Nakhon Ratchasima . . . isn't that the PM's family hometown? Maybe keeping former friends and neighbours sweet is synonymous with the way the city's 'prodigy' goes about his current business.

not trying to make light of even a single death but all this over 256 deaths.  In 2018 there were 378 deaths due to road accidents during songkran.  at what point does the means not justify the ends? 

19 hours ago, pdk said:

thank you :)

Just realize that we're still in the middle of all this pandemic stuff... so it might not be the same if you ever been here or it might not meet your expectations from what you've been reading online. I'm living on Samui and that for me works fine, I've traveled from Phuket to Samui quiet recently hence I can give an opinion about Krabi.

Most vivid is Phuket but this is to be expected, bigger, more known and just more people not really following the rules... It's just how it is.