News Forum - Soi Dog Foundation sends over 100 tonnes of dog and cat food for flood relief

Thaiger

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

I think originally, you clearly did not work out from my post, that my references to my wife's local activities and my screen name were relevant to Ireland.

correct......ps Im not a  rabbit  or  rampant and have never made a ram pant

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Obviously we like to think we are different to animals, but each and every day we show we are no better. In many cases, far worse

😉 You've got a whole army after you now 🤭

But you're right. They are in many ways better. At least animals don't go trolling on forums 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

😉 You've got a whole army after you now 🤭

But you're right. They are in many ways better. At least animals don't go trolling on forums 🤣

😂😂. All with meat cleavers in their hands. Bring it on 😂😂

968E42F3-E990-431E-9EBD-E81945534894.jpeg

Can I, for once only, go completely off topic?

I am absolutely gobsmacked 😳

With cases higher than at most of the last two years and all bars etc closed, they re-opened the Chiang Mai walking street today 🤔. Of course hardly any checks on entrance and lots of people removing the mask once they're in. I won't be staying and didn't even know it started again...

P.S.

So from the side of Wat Pra Singh the entrance has a vaccination certificate check. The other 3 sides have no check. That'll really work 😂

IMG_20211128_180507.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Can I, for once only, go completely off topic?

I am absolutely gobsmacked 😳

With cases higher than at most of the last two years and all bars etc closed, they re-opened the Chiang Mai walking street today 🤔. Of course hardly any checks on entrance and lots of people removing the mask once they're in. I won't be staying and didn't even know it started again...

P.S.

So from the side of Wat Pra Singh the entrance has a vaccination certificate check. The other 3 sides have no check. That'll really work 😂

IMG_20211128_180507.jpg

Heathens. How dare they resist the imagined convention. 

20 hours ago, Fluke said:

What about a dog eating a Chicken or a bird eating a worm ?

Is that cruel as well ?

we have a choice, humans do not have to be carnivore, do not have to rear livestock to the kill.

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2021 at 4:37 AM, Faraday said:

I don't disagree with your personal opinion.

However, we are carnivorous.

We aren't actually carnivorous, we are omnivorous. As are dogs....

BUT - comparing these 2 problems is a bad analogy.

We BREED certain animals to eat.

The dogs are a historical part of human breeding but they are seldom bred for food. The floods etc are a temporary problem that has threatened te dogs - it has also threatened domesticated farm livestock and farmers are equally keen to save their stock in these circumstances. When the situation returns to normal, farmers will continue to mange their animals for food production and SDF will continue to try to reduce the dog population in as humane a way as possible.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 5:37 AM, riclag said:

The young lady in the house says some Thai authorities take better care of dogs then people! 
 Soi dogs are a nuisance , they serve no purpose and are in many cases the result of local govt poor health controls  ,such as  non existent neutering and spaying  Imop!

Be gone with them

stray dogs are a huge problem in Thailand but unfortunately culls don't work.They have to CNVR to have any effect on th population.

It also helps if people don't feed them. However allowing a large number of dogs to die all at once creates another serious health and pollution problem in itself

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Khunwilko said:

stray dogs are a huge problem in Thailand but unfortunately culls don't work.They have to CNVR to have any effect on th population.

It also helps if people don't feed them. However allowing a large number of dogs to die all at once creates another serious health and pollution problem in itself

Wouldn't take much time or effort to cnvr them, & it would benefit all of us, including the dogs.

I've spoken with neighbours about how we might all chip in a few baht to get them fixed, but no interest was shown, or even entertained for a moment.

34 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Wouldn't take much time or effort to cnvr them, & it would benefit all of us, including the dogs.

I've spoken with neighbours about how we might all chip in a few baht to get them fixed, but no interest was shown, or even entertained for a moment.

SDF have carried out a large campaign in Phuket, a couple f years ago they did about 4000 dogs on Samui.

Currently they have a CNVR program to do 650,000 dogs in BKK. They reckon about 6 years.

"In December 2020, Soi Dog Foundation reached the milestone of half-a-million animals reached by the programme and has now neutered and vaccinated over 635,000 dogs and cats since it began in 2003, reaching more than 11,000 new animals every month."  = 

https://www.soidog.org/content/spay-neuter-and-vaccination-cnvr

Edited by Khunwilko
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

That's not their thing.

Although there are some dogs loose around us, they all have homes and most are spayed or neutered. The local authorities also make sure all have rabies shots. One temple does take stay dogs but it is away from houses and isolated. The abott has asked people not to feedstrays and bring them to him. He asks my wife for bags of dog food occasionally which we're happy to bring.

Years ago stray dogs were a problem in Bangkok but not where we live now. Before you ask, people here don't eat dogs or cats.

• Like 1