News Forum - Sexy street vendor’s sales spike after busty shirt goes viral

Thaiger

When photos and videos of the “sexy street vendor” went viral, the 24 year old Chiang Mai woman says her orders for the Thai pancakes, known as “khanom Tokyo,” multiplied… just by showing some cleavage. (This was a top story on The Thaiger yesterday. So, we’re doing a follow up, you know, for the readers.) The vendor, known as Olive, drew so much attention by cooking pancakes in a revealing top that her sales jumped from just a few dozen packages of khanom Tokyo to 200 in just a day. Many have stopped and stared. Olive told Thai media that […]

The story Sexy street vendor’s sales spike after busty shirt goes viral as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

31 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The vendor, known as Olive, drew so much attention by cooking pancakes in a revealing top

Popeye's eye's would've too looking at those ..

" one squirt or two on your pancake sir " ..

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, steve860 said:

Apparently the police have turned up and spoiled the fun, inappropriate dress was mentioned. Nice apron!!

Screenshot_20211125-183447.png

What are they? The fashion police? If they want to decide for people what to wear, maybe the Middle East would be their home. 

• Like 5

She should deck out her business with photos of herself in the revealing gear, unless that's illegal too, sure many customers will buy still and do visual comparisons while waiting.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

What are they? The fashion police? If they want to decide for people what to wear, maybe the Middle East would be their home. 

Maybe these coppers havent been to Sio Nana or Soi Cowboy... what a joke

• Haha 2

My understanding is you can get jail time here for showing too much.

Ironic really because even up to the 1950's many Thai women walked around topless.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

I saw a doc about N. Korea recently where apparently, it is illegal from women to wear trousers. I watched an extract from the vid where a cop was threatening to arrest a woman for this "serious" crime, and she verbally tore into him with both barrels, before the cop walked away with his tail between his legs.

Before I tell you what she said, a quick tale from my earlier life where I was an illegal street trader in the West End of London. An occupational hazard was being arrested for fly-pitching. If you were having a bad day, you were likely to say to the cop, "Why pick on me? Aren't there any real criminals to arrest"?

And that is more or less what the NK woman also said. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohninDubin said:

I saw a doc about N. Korea recently where apparently, it is illegal from women to wear trousers. I watched an extract from the vid where a cop was threatening to arrest a woman for this "serious" crime, and she verbally tore into him with both barrels, before the cop walked away with his tail between his legs.

Before I tell you what she said, a quick tale from my earlier life where I was an illegal street trader in the West End of London. An occupational hazard was being arrested for fly-pitching. If you were having a bad day, you were likely to say to the cop, "Why pick on me? Aren't there any real criminals to arrest"?

And that is more or less what the NK woman also said. 

That line always works so well with British cops.  Not.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, steve860 said:

Apparently the police have turned up and spoiled the fun, inappropriate dress was mentioned. Nice apron!!

Screenshot_20211125-183447.png

I'll take a guess here: Her less well endowed competitors paid "tea money" to deal with the competition.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

That line always works so well with British cops.  Not.

My thinking is that it may well a universally used line.

• Like 1

There is a "noodle" lady on IG  down by Koh Samet (on the mainland) that showed off her b**bs while cooking and got a huge following.  Some photographer (or maybe a new bf) started taking pic's of her in bikinis that she posts.

Search aoidudee on IG ...  Her account is private thus you need to "request" to follow her 

Yes it was on the Thai news tonight and it is yet just more over the top hypocrisy. Pee on and enforce moronic invisible morals to the general public and in reality it is just used as a motion to suppress, restrain and contain people’s movements. She did absolutely nothing wrong. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes it was on the Thai news tonight and it is yet just more over the top hypocrisy. Pee on and enforce moronic invisible morals to the general public and in reality it is just used as a motion to suppress, restrain and contain people’s movements. She did absolutely nothing wrong. 

Hey do you honestly think the girls at the exclusive clubs the hiso and elite men of Thailand visit are wearing more?

You are right. Total hypocrisy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

I'll take a guess here: Her less well endowed competitors paid "tea money" to deal with the competition.

No I would bet that order probably came directly from the big cheese head to stop her immediately. Do you remember he personally put a stop to Lumyai’s twerk dance thrusts in her act? And I say personally told her to stop as he thinks it is immoral. 
BTW. The Thai news said this CM gal started to make 10,000 a day. These guys are just jerks, nothing more and nothing less. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Hey do you honestly think the girls at the exclusive clubs the hiso and elite men of Thailand visit are wearing more?

You are right. Total hypocrisy. 

Or even their second wives or side chicks? Probably more revealing.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Or even their second wives or side chicks? Probably more revealing.  

If you look online, there is a vid of a certain hi-so lady throwing a birthday party for one of her pet poodles where she is walking around topless wearing only a G-string in front of her hubby, other guests and "security" staff.

In case anyone does not know about this, PM me for a link.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

If you look online, there is a vid of a certain hi-so lady throwing a birthday party for one of her pet poodles where she is walking around topless wearing only a G-string in front of her hubby, other guests and "security" staff.

In case anyone does not know about this, PM me for a link.

Not her dog. Someone else is throwing the party and it is extremely taboo to talk about publicly. 

Interesting to see the creativeness to increase sales. Been informed that the local police met her and told her it was not ok to be doing that. I guess it was going against traditional Thai values in terms of clothing