News Forum - Health Minister concerned that once bars reopen, they could be Covid “hotspots”

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Pete424 said:

Sorry but what uou are advising is everyone look yourself up...dont travel...

Now what's happening to Australia in their fight? It's clearly obvious Zero covid doesn't work. Australia have a slow vaccination rate. 

I would recommend go to Thailand...get vaccinated...get full cover insurance...(Some great hospitals here that aren't rammed full)....wear masks....use hand sanitizer regularly....and don't go to busy bars....or restaurants....

Aust 72% fully vaccinated - by Xmas they reckon about 90%.  Country will open back up about then.

If anyone decides to go to Thailand, then your advice is good.  Also make sure the Covid insurance covers costs associated with 'enforced quarantine' - not just medical treatment costs - such as when sitting next to someone on the plane that tests positive. But I still say not yet - wait. I reckon they will drop the pcr tests on arrival soon - Singapore and other places dont test you on arrival if you tested negative before the flight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Public Health Minister says he’s concerned that places that serve alcohol could become Covid-19 “hotspots” as people who are intoxicated are less likely to follow disease control measures.

Either A-nut-in here doesn't drink, or he hasn't been photographed drinking?

Remember earlier in the year when he took he staff out at Songkran and was photographed not wearing a mask.
Told the press who asked him about it that 'it wasn't a big deal'.
Probably because there were no dirty foreigners around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Either A-nut-in here doesn't drink, or he hasn't been photographed drinking?

Remember earlier in the year when he took he staff out at Songkran and was photographed not wearing a mask.
Told the press who asked him about it that 'it wasn't a big deal'.
Probably because there were no dirty foreigners around.

A-Nut is just an ignorant hypocrite promoting his own cause, as is everybody else in this regime.

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

A-Nut is just an ignorant hypocrite promoting his own cause, as is everybody else in this regime.

Part and parcel of their ruling DNA. 

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Public Health Minister says he’s concerned that places that serve alcohol could become Covid-19 “hotspots” as people who are intoxicated are less likely to follow disease control measures. Minister Anutin Charnvirakul says bars and restaurants serving beer and cocktails should strictly follow Covid Free Setting guidelines, which includes vaccinating staff and requiring customers show either proof of vaccination or results from a recent Covid-19 test. Anutin reiterated that staff should make sure customers are fully vaccinated before entering the establishment. “Establishments that serve alcoholic beverages to customers must strictly follow Covid Free Setting measures, as well as other disease […]

The story Health Minister concerned that once bars reopen, they could be Covid “hotspots” as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

That message to you sent from Anutin's phone in Krystal Club, Thonglor.

6 hours ago, LoongFred said:

It's foolish to open up bars and other sleazy establishments until we have control. Maybe best to keep them shut and focus on healthy venues to attract tourists. 

Well Fred, you of all people would say that now. But if and when they do have control what excuse will you use then to keep us sinners away from the evils of drink?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Best you stay home then. Things are changing.

Correct: The mongers have found that TH is not unique in what it has to offer for them. A fair description of that, is TH is not seeking to get rid of the prob anytime soon, but are really losing market share. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pete424 said:

Sorry but what uou are advising is everyone look yourself up...dont travel...

Now what's happening to Australia in their fight? It's clearly obvious Zero covid doesn't work. Australia have a slow vaccination rate. 

I would recommend go to Thailand...get vaccinated...get full cover insurance...(Some great hospitals here that aren't rammed full)....wear masks....use hand sanitizer regularly....and don't go to busy bars....or restaurants....

All sound advice, but what about those that want to come to TH for busy bars?

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

HE ALWAYS LOOKS "Creepy!" That sick smile... imagine him dressed as Father Xmas...."Ho, ho, ho little girl...."

You've just reminded me of this: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Covid aint going away anytime soon, and Thailand (and others) are opening things back up to travellers. 

Besides my forever preaching about 'dont come to Thailand now' ☺️, I will also say that it is clear that 'they' aint gonna stop opening up.  So we all have a couple of choices to make, because we are all gonna catch Covid (well 90+% I reckon).

Do you want to be vaccinated or unvaccinated when you get Covid, AND do you want to be treated in the medical system of a first or second or third world country (and does your insurance cover all the costs).

We are both vaccinated and are staying in Australia until things settle down worldwide.  As now shown in Phuket (yet again) all it takes is for one infected person to be close to others and breathing the same air to spread it to many others - it is a highly contagious virus.  Did I mention dont come to Thailand now?

Spot on there @AussieBob  all countries that locked down hard such as your own Australia, New Zealand and Thailand etc, will now have to learn to live and accept clusters, hotspots and increases in hospitalisations and deaths. The idea of lockdown was to protect the populations until vaccines arrived. If you want to limit the deaths then you vaccinate then open. The challenge governments of such countries now have, is trying to persuade the populations that 100-200 deaths per day is “acceptable”. Not an easy message when you been telling them for best part of two years that “zero Covid” is the target.

As you say, this pandemic is far from over and I would imagine each and every year, we will see Covid deaths outstripping season flu deaths by a factor of 2 or 3 times.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The pandemic is over.  Covid is now an endemic disease like the flu and with vaccines, carries a similar risk (even less for kids).  You can either open and deal with Covid or you can stay in lockdown and deal with Covid.

2 hours ago, BangkokBen said:

The pandemic is over.  Covid is now an endemic disease like the flu and with vaccines, carries a similar risk (even less for kids).  You can either open and deal with Covid or you can stay in lockdown and deal with Covid.

Kinda thinning out the herd.

Still a 98.4% recovery rate of the said 270 million [probably twice that in reality] infected. 

We should basically approach it in a more practical manner - allow for natural immunity to set in, replacing the goddamn vaccines and therapeutics. 

Per ratio comparative rate [deaths per infections], more have died from any average annual influenza than that of the dreaded covid. 

36 minutes ago, Rain said:

Per ratio comparative rate [deaths per infections], more have died from any average annual influenza than that of the dreaded covid. 

Could you explain that one again? Are you saying more people who catch flu die of it than they do Covid ? If so, then that is an incorrect statement. The mortality rate of Covid is thought to be 10x higher than flu

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Best you stay home then. Things are changing.

I don't thinks so, nightlife is a big draw for tourists and locals and also an important part of the economy.

If you don't like it, don't go. But please stop talking down the livelihood of so many people.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

Spot on there @AussieBob  all countries that locked down hard such as your own Australia, New Zealand and Thailand etc, will now have to learn to live and accept clusters, hotspots and increases in hospitalisations and deaths. The idea of lockdown was to protect the populations until vaccines arrived. If you want to limit the deaths then you vaccinate then open. The challenge governments of such countries now have, is trying to persuade the populations that 100-200 deaths per day is “acceptable”. Not an easy message when you been telling them for best part of two years that “zero Covid” is the target.

As you say, this pandemic is far from over and I would imagine each and every year, we will see Covid deaths outstripping season flu deaths by a factor of 2 or 3 times.  

Yep - that will be the issue - gearing up to deal with the never ending Covid cases - unless the virus somehow blows itself out - or we come up with a full vaccine (like Polio).

The big issue for us will be dealing with the Govts and how they move from this normal to the new normal. It is going to be quite a challenge, because they will all do it differently and their own way. 

Like a very big ship, Govts do not turn quickly - and when they do turn it is very hard to go back the other way once she is turning.  As the best Captains know, you cant decide to change course and then try to go the other way too quickly - the ship takes a long time to turn and frequent changes will make her unsteady and keeping control is difficult. Slow and steady as she goes is how you Captain a very big ship - you can can faster or slower, but you cannot change course a lot.  Clearly the 'Captains' in Thailand have never been in charge of a big ship 😆   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rain said:

Kinda thinning out the herd.

Still a 98.4% recovery rate of the said 270 million [probably twice that in reality] infected. 

We should basically approach it in a more practical manner - allow for natural immunity to set in, replacing the goddamn vaccines and therapeutics. 

Not a true comparison Rain - the measurement of Covid has been 'extreme' whereas Flu measurement has been estimates. Because Covid is now and extremely contagious it has spread a lot more and in more 'waves' than the Flu. Over 5 million deaths is at least 10 times what the flu kills (estimate) and that is with all the social isolation and the vaccines etc.  Not a valid comparison at all mate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

Like it was in the history it finds his way anyway even in extremist countrues like China where the virus comes from. Extreme meassures but all viruses mostly came from this country. Who prefer this style is free to taste it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

Countries in Europe have to accept up 25 000 flu death each year and many other death numbers fro viruses, diseases etc. I still not get how the hell sombody can be that insane that now is a zero is possible? In their dreams, another planet in a far future????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Countries in Europe have to accept up 25 000 flu death each year and many other death numbers fro viruses, diseases etc. I still not get how the hell sombody can be that insane that now is a zero is possible? In their dreams, another planet in a far future????

To bring back people back on the ground of reality and back to planet earth just to give them some light : after we born we have to live with the fact that we can die or more harder we will!

the only way is sanitary pass on mobile and control people at every public place . non vaccinated people must stay home and allowed to go out for basic needs only.

20 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Well Fred, you of all people would say that now. But if and when they do have control what excuse will you use then to keep us sinners away from the evils of drink?

You're wrong about me. Although I see zero value in bars, my main concern is about public health. 

My view of the future is that bars and entertainment establishment won't return as they were. I think this industry was already dying, but covid has completed the transition. 

4 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

You're wrong about me. Although I see zero value in bars, my main concern is about public health. 

My view of the future is that bars and entertainment establishment won't return as they were. I think this industry was already dying, but covid has completed the transition. 

It's quite obvious you've got down on drinkers, and though it may not be "your thing", you really should consider tolerance for the many who do enjoy a drink, even if it is only done in sleazy bars. As you will be aware, I'm in agreement with you that there should be mad dash to open bars, as it's likely to fuel another increase in infections. 

I am not a fan of gay sex, but I tolerate those who are. But when the HIV epidemic was in full swing, I wasn't celebrating because that was likely to curtail these activities. 

As for CV completing the transition, I predict that sleazy bars in TH will be around for many years to come, and the decline that has been noticeable for several years is only because there are increasingly other options on offer. I think that if you remove CV from the equation, sex tourism is on the increase.

But as I've mentioned both gay sex and sleazy bar in the same post, you might want to think like I do: As long as neither are made compulsory, why should either of us care.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

A fair description of that, is TH is not seeking to get rid of the prob anytime soon, but are really losing market share. 

Losing market share to where?

Just asking ... 😂 ...