News Forum - Health Minister concerned that once bars reopen, they could be Covid “hotspots”

Thaiger

Thailand’s Public Health Minister says he’s concerned that places that serve alcohol could become Covid-19 “hotspots” as people who are intoxicated are less likely to follow disease control measures. Minister Anutin Charnvirakul says bars and restaurants serving beer and cocktails should strictly follow Covid Free Setting guidelines, which includes vaccinating staff and requiring customers show either proof of vaccination or results from a recent Covid-19 test. Anutin reiterated that staff should make sure customers are fully vaccinated before entering the establishment. “Establishments that serve alcoholic beverages to customers must strictly follow Covid Free Setting measures, as well as other disease […]

The story Health Minister concerned that once bars reopen, they could be Covid “hotspots” as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hasn't this guy and his owners done enough flapping of their traps and destruction already. Must be fun to pretend for something you are not. And that goes for the lot of them.

• Like 7

Well phuket is starting to see the results of mass opening. three live music 'bars' sorry "Restaurants" have been closed for 3 days and other bars for cleaning.. 

Sadly people don't sensibly have a glass of wine with their meal 

https://www.thephuketnews.com/most-new-infections-from-entertainment-venues-phuket-health-official-82151.php

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

people who are intoxicated are less likely to follow disease control measures.

depends what disease your after .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

the Health Ministry will dispatch mobile units to accelerate inoculations in rural areas where many are still waiting to get vaccinated.

A good crowd in the local market today, getting their first AZ - but with a three month wait for their second jab with Pfizer.

Virtually deserted before, when it was Sinovac + AZ.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

"Currently we have mRNA vaccines, namely Pfizer and Moderna, in stock, which have been directly donated to the government. You can inform a nearby hospital or vaccination unit if you want to be inoculated, while doctors will consider giving booster shots depending on a person’s vaccination history and risk level".

Fair enough, but you won't give Thais two mRNA jabs, or only very few, so even in my rural area plenty are happy to wait even if they have to pay.

Even with 1x AZ + 1x Pfizer it takes three months for both jabs, so even after two more months wait you still get the second jab at the same time.

Nobody wants Sinovac, period, but many are still not too happy about AZ.

• Like 2

Of course it will, mass gatherings of unvaccinated people promote spread of viruses. It's been observed elsewhere. The only way to safely open clubs and go-go is for all employees and patrons to have vaccine card. This is not a guarantee and will clearly be difficult to enforce (as there are no absolutes in public health measures), but it is the right "first step" in the process. Better to try then to just give up.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

"Currently we have mRNA vaccines, namely Pfizer and Moderna, in stock, which have been directly donated to the government. You can inform a nearby hospital or vaccination unit if you want to be inoculated, while doctors will consider giving booster shots depending on a person’s vaccination history and risk level".

Fair enough, but you won't give Thais two mRNA jabs, or only very few, so even in my rural area plenty are happy to wait even if they have to pay.

Even with 1x AZ + 1x Pfizer it takes three months for both jabs, so even after two more months wait you still get the second jab at the same time.

Nobody wants Sinovac, period, but many are still not too happy about AZ.

Edit: sorry, duplicate post. Apologies.

• Like 1

Time for Anutin to go once to the market and look or people there take distance etc... I suggest he once comes out of his cave.

Other then that some other places  the bars are also not open and these places are very quiet, and people do not go drunk at all they just there to meet each other for once somewhere else then at your own home.. I think people have been locked up more then enough  time to open all, for what otherwise open thailand? Thailand runs on tourism however they forget most of the tourism comes for the nightlife and that is all closed down.. brainless 

Covid aint going away anytime soon, and Thailand (and others) are opening things back up to travellers. 

Besides my forever preaching about 'dont come to Thailand now' ☺️, I will also say that it is clear that 'they' aint gonna stop opening up.  So we all have a couple of choices to make, because we are all gonna catch Covid (well 90+% I reckon).

Do you want to be vaccinated or unvaccinated when you get Covid, AND do you want to be treated in the medical system of a first or second or third world country (and does your insurance cover all the costs).

We are both vaccinated and are staying in Australia until things settle down worldwide.  As now shown in Phuket (yet again) all it takes is for one infected person to be close to others and breathing the same air to spread it to many others - it is a highly contagious virus.  Did I mention dont come to Thailand now?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's foolish to open up bars and other sleazy establishments until we have control. Maybe best to keep them shut and focus on healthy venues to attract tourists. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Paco said:

Time for Anutin to go once to the market and look or people there take distance etc... I suggest he once comes out of his cave.

Other then that some other places  the bars are also not open and these places are very quiet, and people do not go drunk at all they just there to meet each other for once somewhere else then at your own home.. I think people have been locked up more then enough  time to open all, for what otherwise open thailand? Thailand runs on tourism however they forget most of the tourism comes for the nightlife and that is all closed down.. brainless 

You overstate the draw of nightlife. That was in the sexpat boom 29 years ago. It's was dying and now almost dead. Tourist want to go to places that are safe and fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

You overstate the draw of nightlife. That was in the sexpat boom 29 years ago. It's was dying and now almost dead. Tourist want to go to places that are safe and fun.

And where do tourists have fun? In bars and clubs that's where.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

Of course it will, mass gatherings of unvaccinated people promote spread of viruses. It's been observed elsewhere. The only way to safely open clubs and go-go is for all employees and patrons to have vaccine card. This is not a guarantee and will clearly be difficult to enforce (as there are no absolutes in public health measures), but it is the right "first step" in the process. Better to try then to just give up.

Vaccinated people also spread the virus. It has also been observed elsewhere

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ordinarybloke said:

Vaccinated people also spread the virus. It has also been observed elsewhere

There are certainly no absolutes. That's not the point. It's about probabilities and percentages. Given a choice of socializing with 100% unvaccinated vs. vaccinated, there is no denying which is most risky. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, yselmike said:

And where do tourists have fun? In bars and clubs that's where.

I guess he is sitting in mums basement in front of his pc and never was in any holiday destinations around the world, because this just exists in his fantasy what he is talking about.

28 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Best you stay home then. Things are changing.

Sure in your fantasy and in mums basement. Not everybody out there is on Papas or mums notebook.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Covid aint going away anytime soon, and Thailand (and others) are opening things back up to travellers. 

Besides my forever preaching about 'dont come to Thailand now' ☺️, I will also say that it is clear that 'they' aint gonna stop opening up.  So we all have a couple of choices to make, because we are all gonna catch Covid (well 90+% I reckon).

Do you want to be vaccinated or unvaccinated when you get Covid, AND do you want to be treated in the medical system of a first or second or third world country (and does your insurance cover all the costs).

We are both vaccinated and are staying in Australia until things settle down worldwide.  As now shown in Phuket (yet again) all it takes is for one infected person to be close to others and breathing the same air to spread it to many others - it is a highly contagious virus.  Did I mention dont come to Thailand now?

Sorry but what uou are advising is everyone look yourself up...dont travel...

Now what's happening to Australia in their fight? It's clearly obvious Zero covid doesn't work. Australia have a slow vaccination rate. 

I would recommend go to Thailand...get vaccinated...get full cover insurance...(Some great hospitals here that aren't rammed full)....wear masks....use hand sanitizer regularly....and don't go to busy bars....or restaurants....

56 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Best you stay home then. Things are changing.

So what do you think tourists do when they go on holiday? You seem to be the fixated on whores.I like to go out to bars and restaurants and clubs,have been doing it for the last 55 years of my 70 years.I want a vibrant night life even if I'm not really part of it any more.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Pete424 said:

Sorry but what uou are advising is everyone look yourself up...dont travel...

Now what's happening to Australia in their fight? It's clearly obvious Zero covid doesn't work. Australia have a slow vaccination rate. 

I would recommend go to Thailand...get vaccinated...get full cover insurance...(Some great hospitals here that aren't rammed full)....wear masks....use hand sanitizer regularly....and don't go to busy bars....or restaurants....

Add stop smoking and lose weight.

• Haha 1