News Forum - “Covid is going nowhere, get vaccinated” – leading Thai virologist

Thaiger

On 11/25/2021 at 11:50 AM, UncleFatBloke said:

The vaxxes are proven NOT to stop you getting infected or tranferring the virus onto others.

The vaccine efficacy wanes afetr just 2 months, and after 6 months is basically useless, so boosters will be needed by the whole population every 6 months for the rest of time! That is pure insanity for a virus that kills less than 0.003% of the population!

A vaxination strategy is doomed to failure.

You cannot stop Covid. It is endemic!

The vaccines has proved to help the aged and health-vulnerable, so they should get boosters, but NO-ONE else! 

The risk of dying from Covid for anyone under 60 years old is statistically the same as the risk from dying from a sharp object!

Shall we ban knives?!

Well said, but I think the ongoing boosters to keep hospitalisation rates down is critical, the case numbers are not as important as the load on the medical system. So yes, we learn to live with it, but the mask use is still important and we all have to understand we are wearing masks in the hope others do as well.

At the start of this I thought, what a great time to see the world come together. I was wrong, it started to go wrong with the CCP mobilising a global group to buy local PPE from the country they were in and ship it to China. Leaving other countries on a back foot. Foreign manufacturers in China had factories acquired and all exports of PPE managed by the CCP.

The Omnicron variant is a huge worry, the break through cases have been seem in all vaccination currently in use in South Africa. Currently it has a R2 rate of spread, if hospitalisation rates can be kept low, then the world can deal with it. If vaccines help people stay out of hospital, I am for vaccines. If masks help protect others around me and my family, I am for masks.

Came acroos this article, sums up things nicely and has a good finish.

No, Vaccinated People Are Not ‘Just as Infectious’ as Unvaccinated People if They Get COVID (msn.com)

If you’re one of the unlucky few vaccinated people who get a breakthrough infection, it does mean you have to follow the health advice given to you.

Even though you may not feel sick, you still have the capacity to spread the virus to a vulnerable person around you. Though if the people in your home are also fully vaccinated, then the risk of transmission drops even further again.

However, a vaccinated person is less likely to get COVID in the first instance, is less contagious, and is contagious for a shorter time, resulting in significantly less spread of the virus through a highly vaccinated community.

This, combined with the well-known ability of vaccines to keep people out of hospital and ICU, makes them the most important part of the health response in the near future.

As the vaccine rollout continues, and there are fewer people without protection, the decreased rate of breakthrough infection will help ensure a future where COVID no longer dominates the news, society, and our minds.

Jack Feehan, Research Officer - Immunology and Translational Research, Victoria University and Vasso Apostolopoulos, Professor of Immunology and Associate Provost, Research Partnerships, Victoria University

57 minutes ago, palooka said:

Jack Feehan, Research Officer - Immunology and Translational Research, Victoria University and Vasso Apostolopoulos, Professor of Immunology and Associate Provost, Research Partnerships, Victoria University

Please read this article carefully, as it only shows that the vaccinated may clear high viral load quicker and would then be contagious for shorter periods of time.

But as you don't need long to catch the virus, it depends on when you interact with such a person. It's also not the only research paper available, and others show there's no significant difference.

And now with a new variant of which we know little, get vaccinated and take preventative measures seriously! If we don't, and if it's a vicious new strain, we could otherwise be starting from scratch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

And now with a new variant of which we know little, get vaccinated and take preventative measures seriously! If we don't, and if it's a vicious new strain, we could otherwise be starting from scratch.

Hey Bob!

First quoted by NCC1701A:

"The Omicron variant of Covid-19, also known as the B.1.1.529 strain, is splashed all over the international headlines. But while many wonder about the origins of this new virus, here is something we do know: The first four reported Omicron variant cases were all from patients who were “fully vaccinated.”"

Oh, that might be virus boosting that I was talking about earlier!

https://trendingpolitics.com/here-is-what-the-mainstream-media-wont-tell-you-about-the-actual-origins-of-the-omicron-variant-knab/?utm_source=Papa

59 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Hey Jack 😀

No, that just means that you have not read my other post addressing this already 😉

The virus freely moves between unvaccinated and vaccinated people.

But genomics testing is done in international travelers and as the unvaccinated can't fly internationally, of course it is found in vaccinated people 💡

Simple really. 

• Like 1

Covid is going everywhere and this government is making sure that it does. Anutin has told everyone who is waiting for Moderna to forget about it and have Pfizer instead. Well there is a big problem with that. My wife saw adds for walk-in vaccinations for today 27th here in Khon Kaen and they listed 1: Sinovac - Sinovac 2: Astrazeneca - Astrazeneca 3: Astrazeneca - Pfizer and 4: Pfizer - Pfizer so we went along to the walk-in site at Central Plaza Khon Kaen and we arrived at about 12:30 and there were very few people there so the wife walked over to the desk and was told that there is no vaccine of any type left. So she asked them when they would get more and they told her they do not know but starting Monday at a site near Makro they would be holding walk-in vaccinations the same as they had today and the wife said good I will be able to get my Pfizer - Phizer there and they told her "NO" Pfizer - Pfizer was reserved for 12 - 17 year olds only. So Minister for Health Anutin where are these Pfizer - Pfizer vaccines that you are telling the people to get and forget about their Moderna vaccines that they have paid for. The wife cannot have Astrazeneca after an incident with her 21 year old daughter being given an Astrazeneca shot and being told by the doctor not to have Astrazeneca.

Edited by Russell