News Forum - “Covid is going nowhere, get vaccinated” – leading Thai virologist

Thaiger

17 hours ago, Bob20 said:

If that's the best you've got, feel free to put me on ignore 🤣

No no, give me time... some of us have other things to do. On ignore? You do not want to take my fun away surely...😉

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Disenfranchised said:

Best recent quote out of Germany:

Vaccinated, recovered or dead

End of discussion.

What about unvaccinated-recovered-and-not-dead? Or vaccinated-but-dead? Nope this is by far not the end of the discussion...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Manu said:

No no, give me time... some of us have other things to do. On ignore? You do not want to take my fun away surely...😉

No, your account seems to target me especially. Talking about wasting time: What a hobby! But I feel so honoured that you take the time for that. Now if your posts had some substance and contributed something, that would be even better, but that would be expecting too much 😉

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

No, your account seems to target me especially. Talking about wasting time: What a hobby! But I feel so honoured that you take the time for that. Now if your posts had some substance and contributed something, that would be even better, but that would be expecting too much 😉

Oh dear Mr Bob, you are turning into a conspiracy theorist now... "targeting"? Jesus, help me... I reply to many others, the thing is you are ALL OVER the place, mathematically it simply makes sense. Believe me, if I had as much time than you (well my whole life), I would develop a little more my thoughts (thoughts mate, not expertise cause I am not an expert but let's face it, neither are you). But the thing is, I really believe that you have gone mad, you are not a scientist, an expert, and your opinions are not self-questioning, you are simply a brain full of informations that you do not even understand, and your brain has subconsciously erased any rational thoughts. But because I have not got that time to develop my thoughts, which would be anyway obviously pointless for the reasons explained in my last sentense, I should stop having fun? Well no, and there is nothing you can do about that... Silly I know, but comparing to the damages you do with ALL your speculative and irrational opinions (well and to yourself but there it seems irreversible now), my sillyness seems so little but to me personally, put me in a good mood. Life is beautiful Mr Bob.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Manu said:

"targeting"? Jesus, help me... 

Well, 6 out of your last 10 posts were targeted at me, so your claim isn't based on reality. And you use more words to attempt to justify yourself than you do in any other post. So thanks again for the attention 🙏

Unfortunately it contributes nothing, so you manage to hide those "deep thoughts" very well 🤣

Let's hope He comes to your help. You seem to need it.

From me you win the "ignore" prize. Bye bye.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Manu said:

Oh dear Mr Bob, you are turning into a conspiracy theorist now... "targeting"? Jesus, help me... I reply to many others, the thing is you are ALL OVER the place, mathematically it simply makes sense. Believe me, if I had as much time than you (well my whole life), I would develop a little more my thoughts (thoughts mate, not expertise cause I am not an expert but let's face it, neither are you). But the thing is, I really believe that you have gone mad, you are not a scientist, an expert, and your opinions are not self-questioning, you are simply a brain full of informations that you do not even understand, and your brain has subconsciously erased any rational thoughts. But because I have not got that time to develop my thoughts, which would be anyway obviously pointless for the reasons explained in my last sentense, I should stop having fun? Well no, and there is nothing you can do about that... Silly I know, but comparing to the damages you do with ALL your speculative and irrational opinions (well and to yourself but there it seems irreversible now), my sillyness seems so little but to me personally, put me in a good mood. Life is beautiful Mr Bob.

Is that you Poolie? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

Well, 6 out of your last 10 posts were targeted at me, so your claim isn't based on reality. And you use more words to attempt to justify yourself than you do in any other post. So thanks again for the attention 🙏

Unfortunately it contributes nothing, so you manage to hide those "deep thoughts" very well 🤣

Me too - again 😆

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Bob's 'Ignore Me' prize is one of my most cherished possessions... 😜

6 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Bob's 'Ignore Me' prize is one of my most cherished possessions... 😜

I know 😉 It saves you some embarrassment if I don't read all your posts and immediately debunk them 🤣

Now if you just learned not to react immediately, which makes your intentions so obvious.

Keep on sending the sad emoji's mate. It's the perfect sign of being incapable of throwing in the towel when you lose an argument ☺️

Now, back to your corner 🙃

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I know 😉 It saves you some embarrassment if I don't read all your posts and immediately debunk them 🤣

Now if you just learned not to react immediately, which makes your intentions so obvious.

Keep on sending the sad emoji's mate. It's the perfect sign of being incapable of throwing in the towel when you lose an argument ☺️

Now, back to your corner 🙃

Looks like you retracted the Ignore prize you provided me.  Tell me what to do to be once again worthy of that Badge of Honor... 🤪

Members,

It seems we have forgotten all about the following Guideline and hence let me remind you.

"The forum values and welcomes diverse opinions. So, it is likely you will come across opinions you do not agree with! It is fine to disagree with and challenge opinions, ideas, and facts. Attacking another member because their opinion differs, is not."

I have shouted out the last bit to an extent so it is clear.

Get back to discussing the actual thread, agreeing with or rebutting the opinions posted or I will simply cut you out of the conversation.

Thank You.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Cool 1

16 hours ago, riclag said:

Thats only just “one”reason, Foreign substances ,that  I randomly chose .There are many other reasons why some don’t  want to participate ! I for one respect the choice to inject or not to inject ,for what ever reason!

Its the coercion in all its forms that I detest 

That's fine. Everyone has a choice to vaccinate or not vaccinate but when arguing against the Covid-19 vaccination make sure your augment is valid and relies on facts and does not spread unsubstantiated lies.

I am not accusing you of doing this just making the point that there are too many untruths being used in this argument and these could convince someone to not be vaccinated and potentially die as a result.

I am fully vaccinated because I put faith in the people who are much more intelligent than me, e.g. medical professionals, virologists, scientists etc. and have no issue with people who decide to not get vaccinated, everyone has the right to make their own decisions.

But I do take issue with people who spread outright lies to support their argument, unfortunately we have many here in Australia. Some of them Federal Politicians who have more influence that they deserve.

Use facts to support either side of the argument to enable a rational discussion.       

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mazz11 said:

Everyone has a choice to vaccinate or not vaccinate

Of course, if that choice had been available up to 1980  then smallpox, polio and diphtheria would still be killing millions.  There should be no choice for this virus, even in 2021

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Of course, if that choice had been available up to 1980  then smallpox, polio and diphtheria would still be killing millions.  There should be no choice for this virus, even in 2021

Fair comment

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

time to introduce universal laws in civilized countries mandating vax for all diseases, unless medically exempt. Austria have just done this for Covid. extend laws to anyone pushing pseudo - scientific beliefs (after three legal warnings).this nonsense has to be stamped out now, like Witch Persecutions or Inquisition.

putting your children or others at risk, like Mormons refusing their dying kids blood transfusions, should now have universal legal consequences (isolation, unemployment, no travel, fines, jail, kids vaxxed & treated without parents permission).

• Like 4

On 11/25/2021 at 11:50 AM, UncleFatBloke said:

The vaxxes are proven NOT to stop you getting infected or tranferring the virus onto others.

The vaccine efficacy wanes afetr just 2 months, and after 6 months is basically useless, so boosters will be needed by the whole population every 6 months for the rest of time! That is pure insanity for a virus that kills less than 0.003% of the population!

A vaxination strategy is doomed to failure.

You cannot stop Covid. It is endemic!

The vaccines has proved to help the aged and health-vulnerable, so they should get boosters, but NO-ONE else! 

The risk of dying from Covid for anyone under 60 years old is statistically the same as the risk from dying from a sharp object!

Shall we ban knives?!

Are you really suggesting vaccines are not saving lives? That's utter non-sense. Some work better than others, certainly. But to suggest vaccines are not a valid tool against the spread of viruses is categorically wrong. Of course you are entitled to your opinion. But you might want to chat up a virologist. 

3 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Are you really suggesting vaccines are not saving lives? That's utter non-sense. Some work better than others, certainly. But to suggest vaccines are not a valid tool against the spread of viruses is categorically wrong. Of course you are entitled to your opinion. But you might want to chat up a virologist. 

Again, another typical example of bad reading. Read again UncleFatBloke's comment, there is not one suggestion on vaccines not saving lives. In fact, his comment is very rational and I share this view based on what I have heard and read from many many experts and scientists. It is all a little about common sense too...

• Like 3

About vaccination numbers there are some interesting facts yesterday and today in the Thai media and social media

Thais running wild and angry about the health ministers anouncement with Pfizer for the people who are cheated with moderna and here why they got angry

My some remember he complained about the 10 million who not have their first shot. Now what happened

9 million Thais booked and paid in advance for the moderna and didn't received their vaccine. A big scam

The health minister said they can have Pfizer instead and made the people more angry they asking where and when this 18 million doses (2 shots) ate avaible and just as a empty talking, because it isn't there or any clear info about that. And sure they asked what happened to money all paid because it is a huge amount at 9 million people!

Hashtags about that running hot yesterday and today about it.

Also because he complained about 10 million not get vaccinated but never asked them why. It is him why all the 10 million til today nit received their first shot!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

About vaccination numbers there are some interesting facts yesterday and today in the Thai media and social media

Thais running wild and angry about the health ministers anouncement with Pfizer for the people who are cheated with moderna and here why they got angry

My some remember he complained about the 10 million who not have their first shot. Now what happened

9 million Thais booked and paid in advance for the moderna and didn't received their vaccine. A big scam

The health minister said they can have Pfizer instead and made the people more angry they asking where and when this 18 million doses (2 shots) ate avaible and just as a empty talking, because it isn't there or any clear info about that. And sure they asked what happened to money all paid because it is a huge amount at 9 million people!

Hashtags about that running hot yesterday and today about it.

Also because he complained about 10 million not get vaccinated but never asked them why. It is him why all the 10 million til today nit received their first shot!

I am waiting for an english version about what happened yesterday and today! The Thais are hot and angry about this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Strange, I see it going everywhere 🤔

Hang on Bob - it may be making a big comeback - new 'hit' version in Africa just found - UK has blocked incoming flights.  It aint going anywhere for a while mate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AussieBob said:

Hang on Bob - it may be making a big comeback - new 'hit' version in Africa just found - UK has blocked incoming flights.  It aint going anywhere for a while mate.

As in "Covid's coming home"?🤭

• Haha 1