News Forum - PM digs in his heels, says he won’t quit while the country needs him

Thaiger

16 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Ask any Thais I know and they don't care much who's in charge, its a case of a plague on all their houses. 

Then you are obviously not hanging with the majority as it all goes hand in hand with the who in charge running things into the ground, or unless only the ones you know are the who support the regime and who they protect or are totally illiterate. We have a Thai aunt like that who everyone now avoids like the plague. What area do you stay and how many years and do you have a Thai wife and family? Times have done a 180 and fully changed here. Not like it used to be if you have sent any good amount of time here.

but you are entitled to your opinion and so I will leave it at that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

49027462893_79947bc9dd_b-e1627889170949.jpg

The ultimate political question;

Would you buy a used car from this man?

I don't think selling cars is his thing. The real question is:

Would you buy a submarine from this man?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ThaiEyes said:

Maybe a slightly used submarine if it was for the right price

Had the same answer. Didn't check the comments. Credits go to you😂

• Haha 1

The document referenced providing farming households with credit cards with a limit of up to 50,000 baht, as well as offering each sub-district a grant of 20 million baht. However, Patcharin says these were just suggestions from MPs.

Suggestions with this Govt can be gazetted overnight.

Oh they'll take the credit cards and the 20 million and blow the lot and cannot pay it back, now comes the clincher, what happens then?  Take the farm, take the tractor, sell the daughters???? Some live day to day now, they cannot pay back what they owe already.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The country is plagued with many problems that need to be addressed.”

A lot of which have fermented since 2014 .. what a coincidence .. this is what you get when military people with no C V for it play about in politics .. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Then you are obviously not hanging with the majority as it all goes hand in hand with the who in charge running things into the ground, or unless only the ones you know are the who support the regime and who they protect or are totally illiterate. We have a Thai aunt like that who everyone now avoids like the plague. What area do you stay and how many years and do you have a Thai wife and family? Times have done a 180 and fully changed here. Not like it used to be if you have sent any good amount of time here.

He has no thai family not speak or understand any thai but is telling and dictating us what the thais are thinking and want. We experience that daily on this forum even from people not even living in Thailand just come for holidays. It is absolute bs . 

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Exactly

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

He has no thai family not speak or understand any thai but is telling and dictating us what the thais are thinking and want. We experience that daily on this forum even from people not even living in Thailand just come for holidays. It is absolute bs . 

All I know is from what I see and hear from being all over Thailand with all sorts of Thai folk, and this is a long time running over the years since bozo took control. As I said I we have only 1 aunt who is crazy for them and think they are doing a superb job and they need to protect themselves and higher than them. Whack job is what they call her.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

All I know is from what I see and hear from being all over Thailand with all sorts of Thai folk, and this is a long time running over the years since bozo took control. As I said I we have only 1 aunt who is crazy for them and think they are doing a superb job and they need to protect themselves and higher than them. Whack job is what they call her.

Yes and some even not know that he is not elected by any vote of Thais. He is an uneletected PM. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Yes and some even not know that he is not elected by any vote of Thais. He is an uneletected PM. 

But we also do not want to mention about honestly elected as a party. too many goal posts and taking out of the opponents were made. But it certainly was not fair by any means.

11 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

But we also do not want to mention about honestly elected as a party. too many goal posts and taking out of the opponents were made. But it certainly was not fair by any means.

Exactly because they changed the laws of the elections and stealed the votes from the winners ( law that their parties get votes from the big parties and that a outsider can be a pm), dissolved a opposition party out but even then they not won the election only come to power by a handpicked junta Senate. It is absolute if anybody say it is what the Thais wanted. By votes Pheu Thai and Move forward won the election and thats a fact. Same fact that this pm is not elected by the Thai people. So this posters should not talk it is what the Thai people want or think.

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Exactly because they changed the laws of the elections and stealed the votes from the winners ( law that their parties get votes from the big parties and that a outsider can be a pm), dissolved a opposition party out but even then they not won the election only come to power by a handpicked junta Senate. It is absolute if anybody say it is what the Thais wanted. By votes Pheu Thai and Move forward won the election and thats a fact. Same fact that this pm is not elected by the Thai people. So this posters should not talk it is what the Thai people want or think.

don't forget drove and supposedly prodded forced the minion armed force personnel to vote a certain way and also redrew the voting line boundaries that made the area fall into their favor. but we won't mention that as it is hear say gossip..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

don't forget drove and supposedly prodded forced the minion armed force personnel to vote a certain way and also redrew the voting line boundaries that made the area fall into their favor. but we won't mention that as it is hear say gossip..

Yes or they tell you they don't understand what you are talking and they even not get it how people point out things in a way people here understand without pointing it out directly. They ask explain it directly you try to explain them again not everything can said be directly they not get it again or you write about common things that everybody knows in Thailand and know what are you talking about. So I write I don't expect they understand it or already know they will not understand it (because in that moment I know already they not know anything about Thailand)  but they want to explain you about Thailand, Thais and advocating any dumb and are people who not even live here and come for holidays. It is really bs and it is really bs that they use for their opinion Thais or Thailand sam bs if they say thats what the Thais say but not understand Thai or have a Thaifamily. The Thai social media or tv is full of the opposite they are claiming. As you mentiined already we hear and see exactly the opposite in Thai social media and from the Thais what they wanna sell the people here on the forum. It is bs

6 hours ago, gummy said:

The country needs this man as much as they need haemorrhoids judging by popular opinion in my area. There is only one person that needs him in that position at the moment.

Indeed.

That's why we should be expecting any such insider coup - in one form or another.

Allows them the reasoned excuse to start from scratch - rewriting/renewing for their whimsy.

The same standard cycle practiced for decades. 

Personally, I await the revolution. And it might be messy.

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Yes or they tell you they don't understand what you are talking and they even not get it how people point out things in a way people here understand without pointing it out directly. They ask explain it directly you try to explain them again not everything can said be directly they not get it again or you write about common things that everybody knows in Thailand and know what are you talking about. So I write I don't expect they understand it or already know they will not understand it (because in that moment I know already they not know anything about Thailand)  but they want to explain you about Thailand, Thais and advocating any dumb and are people who not even live here and come for holidays. It is really bs and it is really bs that they use for their opinion Thais or Thailand sam bs if they say thats what the Thais say but not understand Thai or have a Thaifamily. The Thai social media or tv is full of the opposite they are claiming. As you mentiined already we hear and see exactly the opposite in Thai social media and from the Thais what they wanna sell the people here on the forum. It is bs

Sure. If one deeply follows Thai alternative media/social media [and there's a lot of it out there], one will certainly find that it all contradicts venues of this sort that truly haven't a clue.

3 minutes ago, Rain said:

Sure. If one deeply follows Thai alternative media/social media [and there's a lot of it out there], one will certainly find that it all contradicts venues of this sort that truly haven't a clue.

Comon I not talk about alternative media I speek about the common one and what are the hitlists in as hashtags. And sure also in tv. Social media I mean for sure where Thai people express their opininions. In Bangkok there was a nida poll that 2% would vote for sombody from the ruling party or from the pm. It is was in all major media including Bangkok post. Is this alternative media. And everybody who understands Thai knows very well about his popularity at the majority at Thais. It is very clearly and a bit strange sombody want to sell red for green or tell the opposite. Did you folliwed the hitlists from the hastags in Thailand? That is from Thaipeople! Did you follow this polls?!!! Did you follow opinions in interview of Thai people? Did you talk or listen to the Thai people at your work in offices in the streets at your families or familyvisits etc etc.

16 minutes ago, Rain said:

As the people mentioned not can read thai you have to be more clearly or do you mean the ultra conservatives in Thailand. Then I misunderstood your comment.

40 minutes ago, Rain said:

Indeed.

That's why we should be expecting any such insider coup - in one form or another.

Allows them the reasoned excuse to start from scratch - rewriting/renewing for their whimsy.

Unfortunately it  will be the case.

47 minutes ago, Rain said:

53 minutes ago, Rain said:

Indeed.

That would be a sad fact when this cycles never ending it is exactly what the young generation is fed up. It is really a mess the country is now. And for the parents also not easy because they experience the suffering from the young generation about the situation

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pinetree said:

what mess pray? 

That is somewhat ironic considering your comment that, "There are none so blind as those who will not see"

6 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Ask any Thais I know and they don't care much who's in charge, its a case of a plague on all their houses. 

So are you saying that the Thai people don't want him, but they are too apathetic to say so. Perhaps you should tell him that he is not wanted by his people, and when he listens to you, if he is true to his word, he will quit.

I think maybe what is needed here is another Ceausescu moment where he stands on the balcony and asks the audience, "What do you think of the show so far"? and when they shout "Rubbish", he might start running for his life. 

Of course, I might not actually have understood what he means, Could it be hat what he really means is, "As long as I think my country needs me

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

He says as long as the country needs him, he won’t quit. “It is about running the country. We will stay on in line with the law. The country is plagued with many problems that need to be addressed.”

Is this not a contradiction if you are one of the causes of the problems and have not addressed them?