News Forum - PM digs in his heels, says he won’t quit while the country needs him

Thaiger

The Thai PM says he’s not going anywhere and will remain in position at least until next year’s Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit, which Thailand is hosting. According to a Bangkok Post report, Prayut Chan-o-cha was responding to questions from reporters about the remainder of his 4-year term, which ends in March 2023. He says as long as the country needs him, he won’t quit. “It is about running the country. We will stay on in line with the law. The country is plagued with many problems that need to be addressed.” According to the PM however, Thailand has still made […]

The story PM digs in his heels, says he won’t quit while the country needs him as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

12 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The Thai PM says he’s not going anywhere and will remain in position at least until next year’s Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit, which Thailand is hosting. According to a Bangkok Post report, Prayut Chan-o-cha was responding to questions from reporters about the remainder of his 4-year term, which ends in March 2023. He says as long as the country needs him, he won’t quit. “It is about running the country. We will stay on in line with the law. The country is plagued with many problems that need to be addressed.” According to the PM however, Thailand has still made […]

The story PM digs in his heels, says he won’t quit while the country needs him as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

“It is about running the country [which I have been doing poorly]. We will stay on in line with the law [and make new laws that benefit our agenda]. The country is plagued with many problems that need to be addressed [and sadly, I think I need until 2023 to prove I’m right after all this time].” 😕

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

He can stay for me as long as he likes.  Beware the alternatives. Be afraid, be very afraid 

What crap there are alternatives but surly they do everything to opress oppositions. But interesting to kniw you like a junta dictatorships how are your friends in Myanmar? Nice for the Thai people foreigners are advocating to opress them and to destroy their country and bring them only backwards.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ThaiEyes said:

“It is about running the country [which I have been doing poorly]. We will stay on in line with the law [and make new laws that benefit our agenda]. The country is plagued with many problems that need to be addressed [and sadly, I think I need until 2023 to prove I’m right after all this time].” 😕

And yes I not cling on the power. And after 8 years I am not responsible for all the mess what is in the country now. And some remember no there will be no coup. Pinocchio as its best again.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ThaiEyes said:

Maybe a slightly used submarine if it was for the right price

Who believed him there would be no coup? Or he doesnt cling on power? 

2 minutes ago, marksailorman said:

Why did he then buy 88 people of his administration I Phone 12's instead of getting school kids a couple of computers?

Maybe the 88 said they would donate their old iPhone 4’s to the school kids? 😉

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

What crap there are alternatives but surly they do everything to opress oppositions. But interesting to kniw you like a junta dictatorships how are your friends in Myanmar? Nice for the Thai people foreigners are advocating to opress them and to destroy their country and bring them only backwards.

Haha , love this kind of retro, uninformed  BS.  Its what put the Taksin crooks into power and many other so called 'democrats' before them.  There are none so blind as those who will not see. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stardust said:

And yes I not cling on the power. And after 8 years I am not responsible for all the mess what is in the country now. And some remember no there will be no coup. Pinocchio as its best again.

what mess pray? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marksailorman said:

Why did he then buy 88 people of his administration I Phone 12's instead of getting school kids a couple of computers?

its not a zero sum game mate 

• Like 1

The PM (Penis Major) does not have to worry himself, that the country might need him.

On the contrary, the country wants him to leave as soon as possible.

• Like 4

The country needs this man as much as they need haemorrhoids judging by popular opinion in my area. There is only one person that needs him in that position at the moment.

52 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

what mess pray? 

You advocating to destroy our childrens and young generations future? What nationality are you? 

• Like 2

Why does anyone think it is up to him? 

The Constitution that he and his cronies inflicted on the Thai people has a clause which says that no one can be PM for more than 8 years. Does anyone think that he and his cronies put that clause in there? (Hint: No) So, if he and his cronies didn't put it there, it had to someone else who had the pull to get a clause inserted.

Next year, at the eighth anniversary of Prayut being sworn in as PM, a law suit will be filed saying that he has to go, and it'll be up to the Judiciary to decide. Who can influence the Judiciary? There are many power centers in Thailand; take your best guess which will prevail.

I think he'll be out as 8 years is enough, and Prem set the precedent of 8 years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

what mess pray? 

Comon tell us your nationality! We want to know who make politics against Thais and especially against the young generation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Comon tell us your nationality! We want to know who make politics against Thais and especially against the young generation.

Nationality has no relevance to informed opinion. Read my profile if you are that interested.  

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

What a complete farce. Ask any Thai and they will say it is only about them and who they protect. Nothing more and nothing less.

Ask any Thais I know and they don't care much who's in charge, its a case of a plague on all their houses. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pinetree said:

Nationality has no relevance to informed opinion. Read my profile if you are that interested.  

Sure no relevance if they worry about their future. And no relevance if you think you are more important than the ones who born here went to university here and have a mess now. No relevance you make politics against them and they are the ones whos vote was stolen and not yours. 

46 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Why does anyone think it is up to him? 

The Constitution that he and his cronies inflicted on the Thai people has a clause which says that no one can be PM for more than 8 years. Does anyone think that he and his cronies put that clause in there? (Hint: No) So, if he and his cronies didn't put it there, it had to someone else who had the pull to get a clause inserted.

Next year, at the eighth anniversary of Prayut being sworn in as PM, a law suit will be filed saying that he has to go, and it'll be up to the Judiciary to decide. Who can influence the Judiciary? There are many power centers in Thailand; take your best guess which will prevail.

I think he'll be out as 8 years is enough, and Prem set the precedent of 8 years.

Probably not as their rebuttal is in put in charge opposed to voted in by the party that won the election. So in their reasoning the first years until the election are non countable and the C Court will probably definitely side and back that up.

1 minute ago, Pinetree said:

Ask any Thais I know and they don't care much who's in charge, its a case of a plague on all their houses. 

What do you think I talk about and what do you think what nationality their families or children have. What an bs you are talking!

8 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Maybe you can ask the people with Thaifamilies and children what nationality they have. Absolute bs what are you writing